PDA

View Full Version : What's the going rate for an Airbus product these days ?

vapilot2004
16th Jan 2006, 22:43
In helping with a little research (for my niece - school project) on airliner production I was asked a question I cannot answer and am hoping that you kind folks might know.

For whatever reason, Airbus via the web has not been very forthcoming with useful data. Even with a logon ID , there's not much of real value in the way of sales data or even just airframe costs that I could find.

Does anyone have any data or know of a link to a price list for Airbus ?

I've tried my best and came up with squat. :8

BEagle
16th Jan 2006, 22:50
How many would Sir like?

vapilot2004
16th Jan 2006, 22:55
:) As many as my credit will allow, kind sir :)

= not many

TwinAisle
16th Jan 2006, 23:12
This is a bit tough to answer, since there aren't really "list" prices; basically, when you buy an aircraft, the airframe has a price, then the engines, then the buyer furnished equipment, etc. The total for this is normally massively discounted, depending on how well the airline can negotiate, how many they are buying, what options they want etc.

The prices actually paid by the airlines and the leasing companies are typically closely guarded secrets, since the manufacturer doesn't normally want this as public knowledge, and the airline likes to have made a "bigger" order. For example, a new A320 is fully "fly away" priced at somewhere between US$55m and $US70m, depending on spec, options etc, but the actual price paid can be very much lower - perhaps $40m or less. Much of this saving will come from things like discounts on the BFE and conversion of training credits to cash etc. Clearly, Airbus don't want the price paid made public, since that gives everyone else a starting price, and the airline buying ten of them can say "wow, a US$700m deal" rather than say a US$400m deal.

Your best bet could be to scour the news for aircraft orders and see what they are quoting. The value may include spare engines etc, which will skew things a bit, but this should give you some idea of full prices. As for the actual prices, that is a tough one.

Hope this helps.

vapilot2004
17th Jan 2006, 06:02
Thanks TwinAisle :) - Gave it a try !

Thus far I've collected this data gleaned from the ever-so accurate and reliable media:

(In US dollars)

A320 65M ave most going for 50M
A330 95-115M
A340 190M
A350 155M
A380 270-285M
(discount reports as high as 40 percent off list price for the A380 ~= 170M each - seems like such an incredible bargain if you can fill it with fuel and PAX)

Of course current multiple purchase deal prices = list prices minus 20/30 pct.

A bit of work, however I learned much along the way. Now I can be the good uncle again.:ok:

Cheers !
:cool:

JDB1052
17th Jan 2006, 22:05
Don't forget the options, which can significantly add to the overall cost:
Metallic paint: $27,500
Air Con $2,500 ($3,500 with climate control)
Alloy wheels (16, was it?): $47,500
Electric windows front and rear : eh, let's not go there sir!

flugholm
19th Jan 2006, 21:20
Here`s the prices from the nearest competitor:
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/prices/index.html

The Brand "A" prices won' t be too far from that... ;)