PDA

View Full Version : QF demonstrates Worlds Best Practice once more.

bonvol
16th Jan 2006, 10:14
When is a maintenance problem not a problem ?
When you are a QF Classic flying around on Hajj stuff it seems. This machine apparently flew around with its L/E flaps U/S for several days but no worries, it was recorded in the unofficial so called “SNAG” book, “Aid to Maintenance Communication.” Why can’t things just get fixed anymore ?
Worlds best practice at work again. :yuk:

Keg
16th Jan 2006, 11:57
Pretty serious allegation there bonvol. One involving multiple sets of crew (who would be three or four per crew) and an issue that would make the aircraft considerably more difficult to manage.

Next, I've NEVER heard of a Snag book being used in QF and I've never come across a crew who would consider NOT writing up the fact that the L/E flaps weren't working. I've never heard of your 'Aid to Maintenance Communication' thing that you reckon is the snag book.

I'd check your source if I were you because there are a lot of things very amiss with your post. It reminds me of a 'Whining In No Discernable Useful Purpose'. :yuk:

Redstone
16th Jan 2006, 12:07
bonvol, with all due respect, it is obvious from your diatribe that not only do you have no knowledge of the Qantas system of maintenance, but that you definatly know nothing about the 747-300 either. As Keg advises, check your source.

preset
16th Jan 2006, 12:46
Hope the L/E flaps are u/s in the extended position else would make for an interesting T/O :eek: Of course if they are extended then would make for a slow cruise :} Doesn't quite make sense does it ?

VH-Cheer Up
16th Jan 2006, 19:13
QF is flying around on Hajj stuff?

Really?

Seems unlikely...

apacau
16th Jan 2006, 19:50
VH-CU - yes a couple of 743s got wetleased to Garuda for Hajj work.

Going Boeing
16th Jan 2006, 20:49
Normal operation of the LE flaps is bleed air powered. The MEL provides for 3 days operation using the secondary electric system (operates quite a bit slower than the air system). There is no way that the aircraft can operate with the LE flaps totally inoperative. ie the original post sounds like crap. :yuk:

16th Jan 2006, 23:07
Still, its good news that QF continue to do maintenance, however delayed. Does Ms.Jackson know what a spanner is?

GGV
16th Jan 2006, 23:22
This report is correct, but the mistake is claiming that it all about the LE flap. It was the Number 4 engine that was the problem due to insufficient start pressure. The informal word was that it was O.K. to go provided you got it started by V1. It went on like that for days.

Apparently all crew members got really free Duty Free (but had to sign a document that agreed that it was a gift and not a bribe). This clearly establishes the veracity of the story as one hardly needs to say more about the low types that comprise QF crew.

Given the inevitable outburst from QF people that this clearly true story must be incorrect in some way, let me just say that I have irrefutable evidence that it is true from a highly reliable source.

What has happened to standards in aviation? I remember when things were different. I’ll bet they will lose the contract over this and there will be an inquiry and heads will roll and reforms will be considered and ignored and we will go back to the bad old days. I’m so cross at these low standards I think I’ll open a bottle of that very duty free now.

Razor
17th Jan 2006, 05:47
GGV
Give us your evidence then we'll believe you. Serious allegations made here.

Bolty McBolt
17th Jan 2006, 05:52
GGV

I do hope you are Joking.
If not your post was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read..and that includes all reading have done on the prune
There has been a steady supply of parts to Jakarta to keep the HAJJ charter aircraft serviceable.
You should check with your source or perhaps you are on the sauce?? :yuk:

Woomera
17th Jan 2006, 06:09
This is a rumour forum where matters are usually and ultimately either shown to be true or not.

PPRuNers are usually the source of both results.

There have already been posts that have put the lie to the original post and enlightened another.

Lets see what transpires shall we.

Kooka
17th Jan 2006, 06:20
GGVThe informal word was that it was O.K. to go provided you got it started by V1.
RazorGive us your evidence then we'll believe you. Serious allegations made here.
Razor
I am lead to believe you work for Qantas. If so I am worried about their psych tests. Gullibility must not be tested.

Razor
17th Jan 2006, 06:51
Gullibility is not the point here and has nothing to do with the pysch testing. An allegation was made - so put up or shut up - too easy. If there is humble pie to be eaten then so be it.
Kooka playing the man here? Please expand on your thoughts about me. I'd love to hear them.

Howard Hughes
17th Jan 2006, 07:04
I am a long way from the action, but even from here I can see what a load of CRAP this really is......:eek: Get a life!!

nomorecatering
17th Jan 2006, 07:06
GGV's post has to be a windup. Windmill start on the takeoff roll...pffft. Ever heared of a pnuematic start cart?? or cross-bleed starts.

Interesting the i read somewhere that the windmill start was occasionally used on the old days with the large piston airliners, DC series and Connies as a last resort.

Woomera
17th Jan 2006, 07:46
And thats where this will stay until someone can give me a bit more than hearsay.