PDA

View Full Version : Rob Leigh's Cameras Nicked!

Andy Sephton
16th Jan 2006, 05:44
While carrying out voluntary work at Old Warden yesterday (15th Jan), around lunchtime some nice well meaning b@$!4&d smashed his way into Rob Leigh's car and nicked the camera gear inside. It came home to me when he showed me a pocket sized digi-camera and said rather quietly: "this is all I have left.........!".

Rob has given all of us a tremendous amount of pleasure with his photo posts. I would hate to see the perpertrator of this crime get away with it.

How about posting pictures of the gear with serial numbers, Rob, then if any of us see or hear of anything we can report it, and just maybe, the 'nice well meaning b@$!4&d' will be caught.

treadigraph
16th Jan 2006, 07:33
Quite agree with you sentiments Andy!

Hope Rob was well insured, though I know that it's not just the financial implications of the robbery, it's the sheer bu:mad:eration of having to replace everything AND the angst that being robbed casues. Off with their knackers!

Hope it gets sorted easily Rob, and that the perpetrator gets a stiff sentence and not just a slap on the wrist.:ouch:

Look forward to your usual excellent contribution to the Summer season Rob!

PPRuNe Pop
17th Jan 2006, 06:58
Rob, so sorry to hear about the loss of your camera gear. Hope it was all insured too but it doesn't make it any easier to take does it.

PPP

BEagle
17th Jan 2006, 09:33
Sorry to hear that, Rob. In my New World Order, thieves will have their fingers surgically removed. Without anaesthetic!

How about posting a list of equipment and serial numbers so that we can "Keep 'em peeled" - particularly on sites such as e-bay?

MR BIGGLES
17th Jan 2006, 17:40
sorry to hear about your camera gear Rob, i am sure we will all keep our eyes and ears open for you.
Was there anything caught on cctv @o/w?
and i hope you catch the W@~#ers
Darren:*

Duxford_Eagles
17th Jan 2006, 21:08
Thanks for the heads-up, Airbedane.

If you see or are offered any of the following equipment, please could you get in touch - [email protected]

Canon 1D MkII serial number 21241017
Canon 10D serial number 211530505131 with battery grip
Canon 17-40 f4 L serial number 2100126287
Canon 28-135 - 2186002492
Innoplus 40Gb Phototainer with adapters for SD and xD cards
Canon Powershot G5 - 216834112124
Canon 1.4x Extender II - serial 2100051837

Plus a host of other bits and pieces that I've gathered over the last couple of years.

Both SLRs have Optech neoprene straps and the 1D MkII has a small scratch running down from the top of the screen.

Thankfully I was well covered by my insurance policy (I'm insured through my employers and I'd worked out a policy based around my individual requirements) but it has wasted a couple of days of holiday sorting things out and I'm never going to feel quite the same about transporting my equipment.

Rob

Out Of Trim
17th Jan 2006, 21:54
Rob - I really feel for you! So Sorry that happened to you!

as someone from the "Dark Side" ie Nikon User I'd be cut to pieces by that. I like your work and hope you manage to get your equipment back - I'll certainly keep my eye out!

All the best - mate.

jimgriff
18th Jan 2006, 10:57
It might be worth informing JESSOP and kindred outlets that buy "second hand" kit.

Good luck with the retreival. When the scum are found pass on the co-ordinates of the dwelling and who knows.......;)

edited to add:
I printed off the details and took it to my local JESSOP who's boss said he would inforrm the kit for sale department

Vfrpilotpb
20th Jan 2006, 09:03
I know exactly how you feel, it is the most God awful gut wrenching feeling when you return to your motor to find a hole where a window once was, this caused me to become very untrusting of people who I then started to see them anywhere around my parked car after this event.

Plod wasn't interested, the insurence paid up but with the camera was my bag of exposures some 100 plus of the total restoration of two vintage cars and truck we had just finished, sort of the history of the rebuild and paint, I had stopped at a flower shop to collect a preordered bunch for Mrs Vfr and my next stop was to be the Photo shop, well I got the flowers, and top prize for not being totally secure in the way I transported my kit. and being a odd model car there was a wait for the rear os window.

Surgically remove , NO with my woodman would be better!

Vfr:mad:

Danza
20th Jan 2006, 09:30
Rob, Have you posted all the kit details over on UKAR? I guess the more people on the look out the better.

Duxford_Eagles
20th Jan 2006, 18:09
Danza, there are already threads on PlaneTalk, UKAR, Fencecheck, Warplane & Key as well as here. The serial numbers have been widely distributed through the Canon dealer and service network as well as through several second-hand outlets.

jimgriff
7th Feb 2006, 20:46
Any news on the nicked kit yet?
I'm keeping my eye on e bay