PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher airlines

Positive Landing
15th Jan 2006, 22:08
Looking for some information on Terms and Conditions for a TRI/TRE/LTC at Kingfisher Airlines. (Roster, Salary, etc.)

Cheers,

PL

:D

Hairy Chest
16th Jan 2006, 08:36
US$ 8,500 per month
Overtime = 1/80th Monthly Rate
US$ 106.25 per hour over 80 hours per calendar month

Positive Landing
17th Jan 2006, 00:31
US$ 8,500 per month
Overtime = 1/80th Monthly Rate
US$ 106.25 per hour over 80 hours per calendar month

Hairy I noticed you answered the same US$8,500 per month on the "Shenzhen Airlines" topic for a B737NG captain salary. I am asking for A320 TRI/TRE at Kingfisher.

I know that Parc is offering US$ 10,500 for this assignment, 6 months contract and I am looking for information on salary if hired directly by the airline, long term contract???

Left Wing
17th Jan 2006, 02:22
This is the std bech mark being offered to expat Capts in India. Could be Kingfisher, Jet or Spice.:ok:

The Puzzler
17th Jan 2006, 08:05
Puzzle me this....

Hi Positve Landing,

Why not send a CV in and see what happens? From what I hear you can negotiate your own deal - it has to be worth a try. :) If PARC are offering USD10500/mth then this would be a good benchmark for your negotiations. Good luck and dont sell yourself short. :ok:

Positive Landing
18th Jan 2006, 02:47
Thanks Puzzler. :ok:

PPRuNe Towers
18th Jan 2006, 18:54
I know the rate to be far, far higher for trainers being teased away from UK sims. Plus sweeteners regarding more regular travel home. Very hard work though.

Rob

Left Wing
19th Jan 2006, 04:19
Kingfisher wants 'em all.

As for very hard work.....most "FO" are fresh CPLs without any multi engine rating with approx 250 hrs TT in a C152.

Many have never seen a real 320/737 let alone visit a cockpit.:ugh: :ugh: :ok:

zerograv
19th Jan 2006, 17:36
Positive Lading,
Sorry for going off topic.

Most make it very interesting for Eng fails after V1 :ooh:

Safe V1 cuts
Zerograv

coco-nuts
20th Jan 2006, 20:07
I know a Kf Tre who is on 13us/month and he works another 40 hours on top. I think this is the best that i have come across. He does say that he is almost burnt out though, after doingthis for the last 4 months straight.

cheers
coco

propdog
22nd Jan 2006, 00:34
Can anyone tell me approximately how long will it take to upgrade to Captain, if hired as a "senior co-pilot" with Kingfisher?

Left Wing
22nd Jan 2006, 04:42
Provided you are an Indian citizen, if you join with an ATP you will need 1000 on type.

Positive Landing
28th Jan 2006, 19:50
:ok: Thanks coco

Woodwrecker
23rd Feb 2006, 01:14
Does anyone know what the current status of hiring at KF is for Captains?

I sent my package to them as well as to a crew leasing service, but have only heard back from the service. They said KF "currently have enough applications in process so are not accepting new ones at the present time". I have not heard anything from KF yet.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

AIRJAE
23rd Feb 2006, 03:23
I think KF has problems with online applications does any have any INFO
about how to apply and FO positions???

Nevrekar
23rd Feb 2006, 13:40
I was told that all expat pilots had to go through a contract agency to work there. Some DGCA or Govt. of India requirement. It's not that you cant personally approach the airline but when it finally comes down to it, you have to go through a contract agency such as Parc or ContractAir. Correct me if I am wrong. I know a lot of guys are going to India to check out the situation before they sign on the dotted line. It's not everyones cup of tea!

AIRJAE
23rd Feb 2006, 23:39
does anyone know which agency then???

Acomabird
24th Feb 2006, 00:31
does anyone know which agency then???

Look at the post just above yours. :)

A330AV8R
24th Feb 2006, 06:57
This is not a 737 . . .

You need 1500 Hrs on type with an ATP to be upgraded to Capt from F/O having 500 hrs PIC on A320

how you say ?

This is logged in a seperate log sheet / book when you fly with a TRE/TRI AFTER doing a suitability check in the can .

once youve done that and have fincished Capt upgrade . . . . the Hot seat is yours !

:ok:

flightknight
5th Mar 2006, 03:25
Are there any expat pilots online who can share their experience of joining an airline in India ?. Beauraucracy, politics,conversion process etc...

Airbus_a321
5th Mar 2006, 07:37
@flightknight
LEAVE it, if you don't really need it. (a pilot job in India)
(-just an advice-)

Beauraucracy, politics,conversion process etc....aviation infrastructure etc a big s**t.

may be slightly offtopic: filth, heavy pollution everywhere. worst place I've ever seen. and never expected before. ThirdWorld.

Nevrekar
5th Mar 2006, 13:42
To the best of my knowledge, if you join as a contract pilot, there is no need to convert your license. You essentially fly on your U.S. or other ICAO credentials and medical. You just have to take an Air Regulations test which the airline helps you with. The headache begins only when you decide to get an Indian ATPL. Unless you have the right to work in India as an Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India there is really no reason to convert your licenses.
I hear the conversion exams are given 3-4 times a year. If any of this post is erroneous then please feel free to comment

mupepe
5th Mar 2006, 15:17
Does anyone know what the current status of hiring at KF is for Captains?
I sent my package to them as well as to a crew leasing service, but have only heard back from the service. They said KF "currently have enough applications in process so are not accepting new ones at the present time". I have not heard anything from KF yet.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
being told recently that EADS is looking for qualified ATR pilots (capt.)for Kingfisher operation .(10K.US $)
Specific contract passed betwteen them to supply pilots in charge of the manufacturer..
to be verified !

jumpdrive
24th Mar 2006, 12:24
interviews & sim's are in progress as U read this
in TOU & in mumbaii
for ATR cap's
for those already in , sim training is going on in BKK

Woodwrecker
11th Apr 2006, 00:16
Does anyone know the recent status of hiring for Captains on the Bus at KF?

After submitting my documents to KF, I received an email stating the hiring authority was out of the country, but I would hear something from them shortly. That was February 27th. I resubmitted today, but I'm curious if they are still hiriing Line Captains, or strictly TRE/TRI/LTC only.

Thanks,

Woodwrecker

Left Wing
11th Apr 2006, 02:38
Line Captains & TRE/TRI/LTC both....all the airlines are grabbing the 320 guys, KF is very tired of the russians etc huge issues with speaking english

Jamborjp
11th Apr 2006, 05:16
Does anyone know the requirments of the SO position with Kingfisher???

Left Wing
11th Apr 2006, 05:40
Jamborjp this will help

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220697

Jamborjp
13th Apr 2006, 04:14
Would like to know how do get a job with KF??? I'm a non-resident Indian with FAA CPL/IR/ME & CFI/CFII/MEI with over 1000TT and 50Multi and am currently a CFI in the USA

Woodwrecker
13th Apr 2006, 11:44
Would like to know how do get a job with KF??? I'm a non-resident Indian with FAA CPL/IR/ME & CFI/CFII/MEI with over 1000TT and 50Multi and am currently a CFI in the USA

Jamborjp, if you find out, share it with the rest of us.

I have over 4600 hours PIC in the A320 and over 21000 TT and can't get KF to offer up a Captain's slot. I believe KF only hires Indian citizen FO's (could be wrong on the citizen part), not expats, so you may have to keep looking.

snoopy00
15th Apr 2006, 09:53
I flew in india with a new A320 operator for 5 months. Enjoyed it very much. Great people and full of enthusiasm. Sure, DGCA can slow things down a bit, but once it is all over the flying is very interesting. I flew with some experienced Captains doing their 30 sectors in the right seat before transferring to the left for training. The ATC system is out of the arc however, but seems to work. Will need a full overhaul very soon when traffic picks up.