PDA

View Full Version : Chopper Charter in CT required

Parrot
15th Jan 2006, 19:17
I need to organize a +/- 1 hour flip around the peninsula for 10 people. If possible I would prefer 2 Bell 407's even though they would cost a bit more... but I am open to other ideas/types.

I would appreciate some suggestions/contacts and approx rates I should expect in Cape Town. I recently hired a 407 in Jhb for two hours but I dont know the operators in CT.

Thanks

LittleMo
15th Jan 2006, 20:16
Well if you really don't like the people and want to get rid of them call the Helibase and one school bus ride and a huey flip later your problems might disappear... ;)

glimmerman_alpha
15th Jan 2006, 20:23
Parrot,

Try On Air Charters and speak to Luigi. They can give you an EC 130 (6 pax) and a EC 120 (4 pax). Reasonable rates...but keep in mind the guys do charge hefty this time of year....

Spetsnaz
16th Jan 2006, 07:09
... and get your flight in now while the Cape doctor is on a break :D

Parrot
16th Jan 2006, 19:35
Mr Sousa,
I am very well aware of the Huey Thread and have enjoyed the saga ...but I havn't seen the need to post ...and I had hoped that my serious request for charter info would not get entangled in the Huey thread ..but I guess it was inevitable !

For interest, I have been a pax on a Huey a number of times when a UH-1B reg N18SX (C/N 202) operated in Natal during the making of the movie, Platoon Leader and I have also flown in a Frelon when I was in the Airforce so I have done the excitement bit.

Thanks Glimmerman for the lead on On Air ...any other suggestions ?

organ donor
16th Jan 2006, 20:45
Must say I agree with you that the constant hijacking of threads to include some reference to the Huey by B Sousa is getting tedious..

Onair are probably your best bet, given their aircraft, but try Cloud9air, they might be able to help.
The Waterfront has Civair, Sport, NAC, and the aforementioned Huey all doing trips round the Cape.

B Sousa
16th Jan 2006, 21:20
...and I had hoped that my serious request for charter info would not get entangled in the Huey thread ..but I guess it was inevitable !

Apologies on the Hijack........but I did answer your question. I do agree that a nice trip there would be in a 407 but I also believe they are outnumbered in the Cape area by Eurocopter. For Charters the 407 is the sweetest thing out there, but for tours and sightseeing I recommend the A-Star(Squirell) or the EC-130. Again I mention contact the folks in JNB if you enjoyed the 407, they probably know all other 407 types. Hijack deleted. Take it from there.

Organ Donor, maybe you should fly in the Huey, best way to live up to your pseudonym.

Parrot
16th Jan 2006, 21:39
Thanks OD & BS,
I will be getting quotes shortly...

And since the subject of Hueys popped up ..does anyone know what happened to N18SX ? For the movie it had rocket pods and guns fitted and looked great. The guns had strobes fitted and the pods fired flares I think.

Gunship
17th Jan 2006, 03:53
Thanks OD & BS,
The guns had strobes fitted and the pods fired flares I think.

You calling me .. ? :E

Seriously : The other day I saw the red choppers are still flying (over my house . It surely must be Civiar or what ? have you tried the them ?

Cheers

Gunsss