PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough 2006

candoo
15th Jan 2006, 08:58
It's that time of year to start planning.

Have exhibited with my company at both Farnborough and Paris for as long as I can remember. This year my company will not be at Farnborough - it is too expensive.

Now as a supplier to the important bits that are stuck under the wings and, after all, keep you's all flying I find it sad.
It is interesting to note that Farnborough have cut certain display fees by 50% this year probably in an attempt to attract a more diverse representation.

Is this the last Farnborough, most peeps I talk to within organising factions seem to think so, Paris is the location of choice.

Are you going and what are your expectations?

Gulf4uk
15th Jan 2006, 14:27
HI
Local Farnborough news has an article on the 2006 this is a bit of it

"ORGANISERS have promised that the Farnborough Inter-national Airshow is here to stay and this summer’s event will be the best yet.
Although there had been fears this July’s show would be the last to be hosted in the town, event organisers have confirmed that it is set to run “for many years to come.And with more than 1,350 exhibitors expected, the show looks set to take off.
There could even be a UK first if plans to land an Airbus A380 on the airfield are realised."

so looks like its here to stay but the price of tickets will be £27 or £25 in
advance Children under 16 can get in free if accompanied by an adult.
Grandstand tickets are £10 in advance, or £13 on the day.

Tony
farnborough

bigmanatc
15th Jan 2006, 16:54
Have they changed that boring commentator yet...?:ugh:

Gulf4uk
15th Jan 2006, 17:04
hi

No Idea on that but i know what you mean . but is it any worse than
most commentaters ? nothing much else has changed since last show
the Tower is complete , new Terminal open (no access to the public)
the old RAE site is under major Refurbishment and parts may be open
to the public by July , theatre , Shops , new offices , Art Gallery , and
more .not that you would notice the A325 into the town is as every
day Jammed solid untill about 1000 the town center is still empty no
building done much pending another public enquiry , the bus lanes are still there new buses as well every 15min service on some routes but basicily
its the Same Sleepy nothing happening Farnborough

Tony

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
15th Jan 2006, 20:59
Last "commentator" I heard there really was a dope. At one stage he said he was about to ring ATC to find out what the delay was to the next display. I can imagine a) how ATC might feel at such a call and b) what the response might be....
There's only ever been one real commentator at Farnborough - Major Oliver Stewart, but I'm talking long, long ago

Gulf4uk
15th Jan 2006, 21:06
HI

I Think if i remember correctly the non appearance of Russion displays one year was the crew were last seen shopping in Harrods . it was a laugh that some aircraft left for russia full of goods bought here . i suppose at that
time stuff was Scarce. you could always barter with them for those sets of
Dolls you undid to get the next size down . and many a pint in the SWAN
With support crews Farnborough was FUN

Tony

Gulf4uk
15th Jan 2006, 21:45
HI Far to early to tell What may attend try again in MAY.

Edit: Please do not post links to the organisers. We can happily offer them advertising rates if they wish. Thanks.

PPP

m5dnd
16th Jan 2006, 12:29
"There's only ever been one real commentator at Farnborough - Major Oliver Stewart, but I'm talking long, long ago"

I thought John Blake was pretty good but that was just long ago as well!!..

CaptainFillosan
16th Jan 2006, 13:08
I believe the 'current' commentator is Stratton Richey. Don't think he is thought of very highly either.