PDA

View Full Version : UAS Uniform No.2

Ridgerunner
14th Jan 2006, 17:43
Hello,

For the UAS I have my No. 2 Uniform which I will be wearing shortly, only we don't have the NATO jumpers, but being in Scotland it will be pretty chilly and I won't be mixing uniform and civvy clothes, so would it be alright to wear my CWP flying jacket over my No.2 blues in the meantime till the NATO jumpers are ready??

PPRuNeUser0211
14th Jan 2006, 17:47
ridgerunner,

don't let anyone see you doing that... for gods sake! Just grin and bear the cold, or drive everywhere.... definately not good skills to mix green and blue kit....

Maple 01
14th Jan 2006, 17:52
Try a GP jacket with liner if you can get one

Ridgerunner
14th Jan 2006, 17:59
ok, will avoid doing that!

Mmmmnice
14th Jan 2006, 18:40
Obviously the rules say don't mix blue and green - but hey, if you want to make a name for yourself crack on! I didn't get where I am today by slavishly following dress regs (don't ask where that is incidentally). Seriously though, I sympathise with anyone having to cope with eqpt that is inadequate for the prevailing climate - you wouldn't find it happening anywhere else hah hah! Explain your predicament to the most senior person you feel comfortable dealing with and maybe they will light a fire under the stores system for you! failing that, send me a PM and I will blag you a woolly-pully and bung it in the post.

Washington_Irving
14th Jan 2006, 19:31
Am I to understand that no blue jackets have been issued yet either?

If the DLO is running to form, there will probably be a small mountain of the kit you require in Akrotiri.:E

Jobza Guddun
14th Jan 2006, 23:27
DO get a grip Washington - the blue jackets will be gathering dust at Shaibah!!

The Arctic stuff will be at Akrotiri.......

movadinkampa747
15th Jan 2006, 00:06
Do you think I should wear brown shoes with a dark suit?.....................

AllTrimDoubt
15th Jan 2006, 08:46
...and never wear grey shoes with dog-robbers

FCWhippingBoy
15th Jan 2006, 09:10
Well for god's sakes, don't try and blag anything out of the stores at Cranditz! Stores there are most definately for storing! Can't even exchange a 5 year old CS95 shirt complete with holes and faded DPM these days! ("It's classed as protective clothing, not inspection kit - take it to the tailors") *wanders off to Waddo stores instead*