PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines LHR-SIN diverted to Baku

newscaster
14th Jan 2006, 11:16
Any one know what caused the 744 to land at GYD last week?

BANANASBANANAS
14th Jan 2006, 11:33
Sick Pax.

Happy ending and a good job done by all.

WHBM
14th Jan 2006, 12:37
Pity the poor sick pax who ended up in the Baku General.

Many of the oil companies working there will do a medevac to maybe Athens if someone was so seriously ill as requires an in-flight med diversion.

QCM
14th Jan 2006, 12:58
May be advised by MEDELINK to divert there according to the illness?

EmiratesSandpit
14th Jan 2006, 21:17
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,100330,00.html?

"After the plane landed, the woman was rushed to an International SOS clinic where she received emergency treatment."

"The SIA spokesman said it diverted the plane to Baku Airport because Ms Liu 'required urgent medical attention''.

SIA does not fly to Azerbaijan, which borders the Caspian Sea between Iran and Russia.

The plane crew also alerted the International SOS clinic in Baku."

----
AFTER Ms Liu was sent to the clinic, the SIA plane, with 322 passengers, was delayed for 3 1/2 hours at Baku Airport, an SIA spokesman said.

But Ms Liu believed the passengers did not kick up a fuss about the delay as they knew her life was in danger, reported Shin Min.

Ms Liu said: 'I really appreciate that no passengers complained.

'I think the plane was supposed to arrive at 3pm (Singapore time) on Tuesday, but it eventually arrived only at 11pm on Tuesday because of what happened to me.'

She was also grateful to all those who helped her, especially SIA and the doctors.

'The air crew has been fantastic. And I have new-found respect for the medical profession.

'I wouldn't have survived if not for the kind doctors.'

Copyright © 2005 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Co. Regn. No. 198402868E. All rights reserved.