PDA

View Full Version : Help with information on 747 sims in the US

CloudSailor
13th Jan 2006, 19:13
Hi there,
If anyone has any info regarding the possible places to purchase 747 sim time in the U.S., and which sim is considered the better option, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks.

junior_man
14th Jan 2006, 00:49
Try Pan Am Academy in Miami. They have facilities there and also use NATCO sim in MSP.
They are good and have it together. I know they have a -200 sim, not sure if the -400 is what you need.

mpflis
14th Jan 2006, 02:22
NATCO in MSP at 475/hr (2 hr min), TK in Denver at 525/hr with flight training international (2 hr min), 1 hr north of vancouver b.c. canada at 375/hr (forgot the name), I also know someone who got time in Toronto but I believe the sim has been removed. good luck

CloudSailor
21st Jan 2006, 04:54
If anyone out there is looking to share a two hour block on a 742 sim sometime early or mid May in the US, please PM me and we can maybe work something out.
Thanks.

bell1st
22nd Jan 2006, 03:45
Classic sim near Vancouver is at Coastal Pacific Flight Centre in Abbotsford. Cost was $225 /hr (cheap Canadian $) due to no visuals last spring. Very old sim, but got the job done. Operators are familiar with the CX profiles.

CloudSailor
24th Jan 2006, 16:35
bell1st,
thanks for that awesome info on a reasonably-priced sim (for us broke regional pilots).
would you by chance have some more detailed info.- like their phone number in abbotsford?
i'd certainly appreciate it.
cs.

bell1st
25th Jan 2006, 02:50
CS
I talked to Steve Fox. Phone # 604-855-1112. List cost was $425 for the first session - about an hour of pre brief and an hour in the sim - and then $300 for each hour after. They gave me a 25% discount for the visuals being under repair. I found it to be good prep and gave me confidence going into the session in Hong Kong.

CloudSailor
28th Jan 2006, 22:02
bell1st
thanks for taking the time to call them up and get the info, i really appreciate it.
cs.

Sqwak7700
9th Feb 2006, 15:30
I used a microsoft flight sim add-on and it worked great. I think it is much more valuable since you can play with it as much as makes you comfortable and it is also much cheaper.

When I went through it was the classic sim, but I belive now they are using the -400 sim. A company by the name of PMDG makes an incredibly accurate -400 add-on for FS. I purchased this and use it on a regular basis, especially when I have an RT-PC. The pitch and power settings are spot on and the handling is extremely accurate. The systems are also spot on, but you needent worry about that for the ride.

The imoprtant thing is that it will get you familiar with the cockpit and the handling qualities of the aircraft. Those skills can be learned on the PC or the actual full Lev-D sim, but the PC is available whenever you want it and won't cost you an arm and a leg to fly for one hour. FS also has the HK scenery so you will become familiar with the local surroundings, adding to your confidence going into the sim.

Anyway, that was my experience on the sim ride. Best of luck.

Sqwak

Pilot747Cargo
9th Feb 2006, 23:19
Aeroservice in Miami offers Pre-Employment Profiles for 747

Flight Training Email Information:
For information about our training programs, contact:
The Flight Training Sales Team: +1 305 871 5557 or in USA: 1 800 752 7467
email: ([email protected] (%[email protected]?subject=Info request from Website))