PDA

View Full Version : Can any SIA crew help please?

Sean Dell
13th Jan 2006, 16:23
Hi Guys

Bit cheeky I know, but wonder if anyone can help me?

My Mum & Dad are travelling to NZ (from MAN) with SIA, as a retirement/celebration of their 60th birthdays. If they were flying BA (my employer) I would be able to do something for them such as arranging for some champers etc.. However, they are not and I do not have any contacts in SIA.

So if anyone could help, I am more than happy to pay for the champers etc or donate to an airline charity etc. - it would be much appreciated.

Sean Dell
ps feel free to PM me.

SQawk77
13th Jan 2006, 16:49
Oh dear, you haven't heard much about SQ have you?
Spontaneity, favours and co-operation are specifically excluded from the SQ vocabulary. Cabin entitlements are rigidly adhered to as some snitch will almost certainly put in a report about it. Preferential treatment is against the national religion. Sadly, there's no hope of arranging anything that you might be able to in BA.

Sean Dell
13th Jan 2006, 20:16
That's a shame - I would have thought it might be possible to arrange something if I offered to pay or donate to charity. :sad:

Phil Squares
13th Jan 2006, 20:38
What???? That's rubbish!!! That's done all the time... If you're traveling with them simply get in touch with the Purser. Otherwise, you might want to call the res office in the UK. They can most likely get the ball rolling.

AlienO
13th Jan 2006, 23:28
Phil is right about it being done all the time. Inform the SIA office in MAN and surprise your Mum and Dad.

BANANASBANANAS
14th Jan 2006, 01:18
Phil and Alien are spot on. SIA does not get and maintain its reputation for exceptional standards lightly. It continues to work at it day in and day out. Have a word with the SIA office at MAN a few days ahead of the flight and I assure you they will be very cooperative and will probably come up with some suggestions of their own for you to consider. Its a very important part of SIA's corporate image.