View Full Version : Newly Qualified CPL?

engineoff
1st May 2000, 17:33
Have recently got my CPL(H) and have about 400hrs Total (300PIC) with some turbine time.
Am not surprisingly finding it difficult to get any work.... Does any one have any suggestions ; would be happy to go abroad if need be. I also have an instructor rating but have been flying H300's with very little R22 experience....
Am 21 years old and keep being advised to go to the North Sea even just for a few years to some more hours/IR, but it's not good employmentwise there at the moment.. Are there foreign companies eg. in the Gulf that will take low hour CPL's for co-pilot positions?

Floater
2nd May 2000, 11:58
The Gulf of Mexico minimums currently are generally 1000 hours, IR, and some turbine time helps but you can get away without any, and of course an FAA commercial certificate, (and a work permit); so I guess you're out of luck there for the time being. Your best bet might be to get the FAA commercial and instructor certificates and some R22 time and start instructing in the US where instructors are quite in demand.

Good Luck