PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SCOT747
13th Jan 2006, 08:18
Good news for PIK over past couple weeks as Amsterdam and now Gdansk and Warsaw all annouced in past couple weeks.
This is taken from Wizzair Website:
Wizz Air opens new routes to Glasgow Prestwick from Warsaw and Gdansk
Wizz Air, the largest low cost – low fare airline in Central and Eastern Europe announced at press conferences in Glasgow and Gdansk today that it would start new flights between Poland and the UK. Wizz Air will strengthen its positions in Warsaw and Gdansk by introducing flights to Glasgow Prestwick from 28 March 2006.
Wizz Air remains the undisputed market leader in Central and Eastern Europe with close to 1.9 million passengers in 2005, 1.3 million of whom traveled on the airline's Polish routes. In 2005 Wizz Air was one of the fastest growing airlines in Europe with growth rate of 233% over 2004.
The airline has recently made a series of announcements on new destinations across its network including Wroclaw-Dortmund, Gdansk-Liverpool and Gdansk-Lübeck. These flights will commence at the beginning of March. Glasgow Prestwick will be Wizz Air’s first Scottish and third UK city after London Luton and Liverpool served from Poland.
The first flights will take off on 28 March 2006, both of them 3 times a week initially.
Regular one way fares start from as low as GBP 30 including taxes and charges. As an introductory offer a limited number of seats are available at a promotional fare of GBP 20 (including taxes and charges) till 31 January 2006.
József Váradi, Chief Executive Officer of Wizz Air said: "Poland has been rewarding Wizz Air for its continuous commitment and market expansion by flying with us in ever increasing numbers. Today we are offering Glasgow as a brand new UK destination for the Polish people, who can now choose to fly to 3 cities in Great Britain. We are also bringing Poland closer to the citizens of Scotland who will now be able to choose to fly easy and at low fares on our new Airbus A320 aircraft 3 times per week. We are delighted to work with Glasgow Prestwick airport, not only because of their mindset and understanding of the low cost model and particularly Wizz Air’s needs but also, because of their perfect location within Scotland."
Glasgow Prestwick is part of the Infratil Airports Europe group. Infratil Airports Europe Chief Executive Steve Fitzgerald said: "It's "pure dead brilliant" that Wizz has chosen Glasgow Prestwick as the airport to launch into the Scottish market. A low-cost airline needs a fast, friendly and efficient airport, with transport links serving all of Scotland. We are able to offer Wizz exactly that - plus twelve years' experience serving the low-cost sector. It's a real pleasure to welcome Wizz, Central and Eastern Europe's largest low cost airline, and I am confident we will grow together profitably. The fact that we both have bright pink and purple branding is perhaps a good omen for future success! Scotland is a destination that is going to be increasingly popular with people from Central and Eastern Europe and I am confident that Scots will jump at the opportunity to get quickly and inexpensively to great destinations like Warsaw and Gdansk."
Passengers travelling on the new routes are entitled to free rail travel to and from anywhere in Scotland for the first 6 months of operation and half price thereafter. Passengers simply present their official flight confirmation at the airport information desk or any staffed railway station to take advantage of this special offer.

allanmack
13th Jan 2006, 09:11
Katowice planned from PIK from late July apparently. Katowice a bit close to Krakow for MOL & FR no doubt!

Skipness One Echo
13th Jan 2006, 15:35
Let's face it these are not flights for holidaymakers. They are to make sure that my plumber can't speak English!!!! Yaaay globalisation rocks.:)

andyafc
13th Jan 2006, 20:55
Looks like Glasgow is going down the same road as Luton, get ready for the massive influx of polish people into bonnie scotland

smith
14th Jan 2006, 09:00
There are many Polish and Eastern Europeans living and worlking in the big cities here in Scotland already.

gorayer
24th Sep 2006, 10:18
What is going on in Wizzair after the new political situation in Hungary? Anyone knows the situation in the company.

toledoashley
6th Oct 2006, 11:33
New Routes on the Dropdown Menu -

Sofia to:

Frankfurt
Malmo
Paris

No official news though, yet!

Charlie Roy
6th Oct 2006, 12:16
toledoashley

Possibly those Sofia flights will just be via Budapest... I can't imagine them introducing Sofia to Malmö direct...

(I wonder will Ryanair ever wish to takeover Wizzair...)

toledoashley
6th Oct 2006, 12:23
They are not currently bookable and are not in the timetable - just on the bropdown menu for searching flights.

jabird
6th Oct 2006, 12:30
"I wonder will Ryanair ever wish to takeover Wizzair"

Think there has been speculation on this before - they have very similar business models (lowest cost wins), but different fleets, so would FR really want to buy them out? Presumably, as they generally stick to the cheaper secondary airports, what other value would Wizz offer to FR in terms of slots etc?

Looking at gaps in their route network, I think MME has been speculated on, but there is also plenty of untapped demand for routes here in the Midlands. FR have EMA-Poland fairly well covered, and I can't see Wizz using BHX, so how likely would they be to look at CVT? Would there be any technical probs with an A320 on CVT-GDN/WAW?

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
6th Oct 2006, 16:01
But a take-over by easyJet (or perhaps some sort of marketing agreement between the two airlines a la Air Berlin / Fly Niki) would make lots of sense, particularly as it is pretty much agreed that easyJet have missed the boat with Eastern Europe.

HH6702
6th Oct 2006, 19:18
Heard they are looking into the north east airports also.

Heard NCL may be getting a warsaw route in spring?

VanBosh
9th Oct 2006, 20:22
Does anyone think they will ever come to dublin...Ryanair have been unable to reach a deal with Katowice, so does anyone think they could take advantage of that?

jmc757
9th Oct 2006, 21:13
FR have EMA-Poland fairly well covered, and I can't see Wizz using BHX, so how likely would they be to look at CVT?

Very it would seem!

Wizzair have today announced Coventry to Katowice from July 2007.

Coventry Telegraph Story (http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100localnews/tm_headline=city-airport-unveils-new-flight-deal%26method=full%26objectid=17895561%26siteid=50003-name_page.html)

Ametyst
10th Oct 2006, 09:16
Wizz Air was set up with the help of an American guy called Bonderman who was one time chairman at Ryanair.

Interesting that Wizz Air operate into a lot of the Ryanair bases/airports such as Liverpool, Luton, Prestwick, Brussels Charleroi, Eindhoven, Gerona, Frankfurt Hahn, Hamburg Lubeck, Paris Beauvais, Malmo, Gothenburg City, Stockholm Skavsta, Oslo Torp, Milan Bergamo and Rome Ciampino.

Charlie Roy
10th Oct 2006, 09:22
Surprisingly though they seem to be moving more towards Barcelona El Prat, and away from Girona...

en2r
10th Oct 2006, 19:10
Does anyone think they will ever come to dublin...Ryanair have been unable to reach a deal with Katowice, so does anyone think they could take advantage of that?

Central Wings already operate this route.
It is true that the majority of airports that Wizzair operate to are also Ryanair airports. They seem to be one of the few LCCs who aren't afraid of Ryanair. Ryanair surprisingly don't seem that bothered about them operating to Ryanair airports. I thought their starting of flights to Cork this year from Gdansk and Katowice would provoke some response from Ryanair but Ryanair didn't seem to care.

shamrock7seal
10th Oct 2006, 19:58
Wizzair have also announced Bournemouth 3 times per week (for Southampton/Portsmouth/Exeter/Bristol region) But this is just the start. They also want to fly BOH-WAW and Gdansk.

phil_2405
10th Oct 2006, 20:14
Good news. I presume they will wait to see how the 1st route works before launching others?

larshakan
20th Oct 2006, 15:44
Any1 know why EGS (Egilstadir) is to find under timetables at the wizz page?

Ametyst
20th Oct 2006, 17:00
Wizz Air are starting a thrice-weekly Doncaster Sheffield to Gdansk service in July 2007.

Services from Liverpool to both Gdansk and Katowice are being increased from 3 to 5 flights a week.

LGS6753
20th Oct 2006, 17:04
larshakan -

EGS (Egilstadir) is the largest town in Eastern Iceland. Wizz are running once weekly overnight Sat/Sun flights to/from Katowice.

But I don't know why. (Polish emigres or trips to see reindeer?)

CAP493
21st Oct 2006, 13:47
WZZ expects to be carrying around 2.5m annual pax through Luton by Summer 2007 with a number of new routes planned for next year.
;)

mmeteesside
21st Oct 2006, 18:07
A little bird told me today that Durham Tees Valley, as the next UK destination, is to be announced soon? Anyone know any more? :} ;)

airhumberside
21st Oct 2006, 18:29
Well Peel and Wizz have a good relationship and Wizz are announcing next summer's WAW expansion next week so its quite possible

en2r
23rd Nov 2006, 21:17
Does anyone know is there any chance of any more Wizzair routes for Cork?

Oskar Lima
24th Nov 2006, 11:06
EGS (Egilstadir) is the largest town in Eastern Iceland. Wizz are running once weekly overnight Sat/Sun flights to/from Katowice.
But I don't know why. (Polish emigres or trips to see reindeer?)

The purpose of this weekly flight is to exchange the polish workers (blue-collar mostly), who are building aluminium plant somewhere in Iceland, I don't know exactly where.

larshakan
7th Dec 2006, 19:10
> OSkar Lima, thx for the info!

Does any1 know since when Milan-Arad is gone from the map and booking engine?

SAM-EMA
7th Dec 2006, 20:22
I don't think that there is much chance of anything happening at EMA now that they have announced Coventry, but I have always thought that Wizzair could do well with an EMA to Katowice, Warsaw or Gdansk, because I can't see FR starting these destinations.

SAM-EMA

phil_2405
7th Dec 2006, 20:25
SAM-EMA

Wizzair aren't interested in EMA due to large Ryanair base.

dwlpl
7th Dec 2006, 22:09
phil_2405

Has not stopped either airline at the even larger Ryanair base at Liverpool or indeed Luton.

Maddog Red
8th Dec 2006, 00:53
Just look at the shareholders of both Ryanair and Wizz, any of them look familiar? So yes they will work against each other but yes they will line each others pockets.

egnxema
8th Dec 2006, 12:02
I don't think that there is much chance of anything happening at EMA now that they have announced Coventry, but I have always thought that Wizzair could do well with an EMA to Katowice, Warsaw or Gdansk, because I can't see FR starting these destinations.

SAM-EMA

SAM - Polish routes are very strong performers from EMA. FR have WW well within their sights down at BHX and you can be sure they will give them a good pounding. Likewise they will not let Wizzair get the upper hand from either CVT or DSA. Both Gdansk and Warsaw are both destinations FR fly in to - therefore keep your ears open for future FR expansion from EMA to Poland.

SAM-EMA
13th Dec 2006, 19:47
Cheers egnxema

SAM-EMA

Charlie Roy
3rd Jan 2007, 19:17
In the last week or so Wizz Air have put a new route map on their website. No new destinations or routes, but more countries in Eastern Europe are now visible.

Possibly Wizz Air will announce new routes soon to one / some of these countries?

New countries on the map include:
Ukraine
Finland
Turkey
The Baltics
Russia
North Africa

pee
3rd Jan 2007, 20:53
New countries on the map include:
Finland
It could be very interesting indeed. In fact Finland is so underserved by low-cost carriers that anything new will be received very well. Look at Ryanair's load factors to London or Frankfurt-Hahn! Unfortunately FR doesn't want to see the opportunities that could be created if they decided to make ANY links further to the Central and especially SOUTHERN Europe. People in Finland do miss a few sunny days, in particular during the autumn and winter months. ANYTHING counts. For many of us even low-season breaks are very attractive. :O
So, if RYR really doesn't want to start a few routes more, Wizz is welcome as well :D

Charlie Roy
5th Jan 2007, 23:56
Someone editing Wikipedia seems to think (know?) that Wizzair plan to shortly introduce:

Ljubljana - Dortmund
Ljubljana - Malmo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brnik_Airport

mathers_wales_uk
16th Jan 2007, 19:59
What are the chances of Wizzair doing a route to CWL as there are a high increase of polish coming to Wales.

:ok:

larshakan
30th Jan 2007, 21:52
HI, does any1 know how many aircraft W6 have at each of their bases? What are the delivery dates for those coming 2007?

a1234
30th Jan 2007, 22:15
There was a rumour that Wizz Air were looking at CWL to start some polish routes, but nothing seems to have come about so far.

flytheplane
31st Jan 2007, 14:00
The next delivery is in May 2007 , I think it`s a A319 and in June another A320 joins the fleet.:ok:

flytheplane

eu01
3rd Feb 2007, 12:25
Somewhat unexpectedly Wizzair ends its route from Luton to Ljubljana Brnik. The last flight will be on 25th of February, officially the route did not meet carrier's expectations.

darren1
3rd Feb 2007, 18:55
No surprise, it was never going to bother Easyjet and Adria, who both offered daily flights. A three times weekly(at best) service was hardly going to make inroads into well established quality services.

eu01
15th Jun 2007, 16:38
There are strong suggestions that Wizzair will be revealing the location of its next Polish base very soon. Anyway - and that is official - the CEO Jozsef Varadi will hold a press conference next Monday, June 18th, in Poznan.

kingair9
15th Jun 2007, 21:46
There are strong suggestions that Wizzair will be revealing the location of its next Polish base very soon. Anyway - and that is official - the CEO Jozsef Varadi will hold a press conference next Monday, June 18th, in Poznan.

Question is: New base or just 1-2 new routes? POZ-DTM is new and is already book-able. From the very few times (4 or 5 legs) I used the LTN-POZ resp POZ-LTN the loads were not that good so that a new base was most logical...

ryan2000
15th Jun 2007, 23:25
Increasing evidence that the Polish traffic to the UK and Ireland has reached saturation point.

Powerjet1
16th Jun 2007, 05:47
LTN-POZ currently has five weekly flights, carried 7824 pax in April, increasing to daily from 7 July. From Oct, the route will only drop to six weekly, so the route seems to be doing ok now.

NickBarnes
16th Jun 2007, 07:26
Just reading this thread last night i saw that someone wrote that the Luton - Ljubljana flight has stoped, and i am meant to be flying to there in August.

Problem is Wizzair never told us it was closed and when we phoned them they said they they were only going to tell us 3 weeks before the flight:=
i have had this before and the airline (Air Berlin) told us when the route closed, and we were able to get on a new flight, now i have had to go to treiste in Italy to get to Slovenia with ryanair.

but if i didn't look at this site i don't think i would have ever known and would have gone to the airport without knowing

This is very poor service from Wizzair and i shall never fly with them again:mad:

Powerjet1
16th Jun 2007, 07:30
Easy do Ljubljana from STN.

NickBarnes
16th Jun 2007, 08:40
yeh but for 4 people on the 18th - 25th it costs Ł752 whilst ryanair to treiste costs Ł425.

cheers

Bodjit
16th Jun 2007, 13:02
Easy or RYR..... Its a no brainer....pay the extra money, especially if flying with kidz

Thats my advice anyway ;);)

NickBarnes
16th Jun 2007, 16:31
yep i decided to go with easyjet afterall:)

thanks for your reply's

eu01
16th Jun 2007, 18:43
ryanair to trieste costs Ł425.
You might prefer EZY, nevertheless RYR DOES FLY TO SLOVENIA as well and even in August ticket prices start from 4.99 GBP (+ fees & charges) one way
11:10 London Stansted (STN)
14:30 Maribor (MBX) 3xweekMaribor is a nice place in Slovenia, not so far from LJU.

NickBarnes
17th Jun 2007, 07:33
Very true but im close to the italian border so it would be quite a way to drive

cheers

eu01
18th Jun 2007, 09:07
And indeed, Poznan is becoming a next base for Wizzair with some new destinations from January 2008:

Wizz Air announces 7th base in Poznan
4 new routes from Poznan: Doncaster/Sheffield, Prestwick/Glasgow, Malmo/Copenhagen and Oslo

Wizz Air announced today that it would establish its 7th operating base in Poznan airport starting in January 2008. The airline also revealed the launch of four new routes from Poznan: Doncaster/Sheffield, Prestwick/Glasgow, Malmo/Copenhagen and Oslo-Torp (from 31 January 2008), complementing its existing services to London-Luton, Stockholm-Skavsta and Dortmund.
To start with Wizz Air will base one new A320 aircraft in Poznan and will employ a local crew.
The additional capacity will be put onto new routes as well as allowing frequency increases on existing routes.

Starting from 31 January 2008 Wizz Air’s route network from Poznan will be as follows:
Route..........................Start date
Doncaster/Sheffield........31 January
Prestwick/Glasgow..........31 January
Malmo/Copenhageno.......31 January
Oslo-Torp.....................31 January
London-Luton................Increased frequency
Dortmund.....................Increased frequency
Stockholm-Skavsta........Increased frequency

honest man
18th Jun 2007, 12:53
Excellent news for Prestwick

larshakan
18th Jun 2007, 17:14
Any1 know of the frequencies? How many planes do they have and where are they based? Any1 know why they recently seem to be so keen on Malmö(MMX)?

eu01
18th Jun 2007, 19:06
The frequencies from EPPO:

new routes:
TRF x3 (-2-4--7)
PIK x2 (1---5--)
DSA x2 (-2---6-)
MMX x3 (-2-4--7)
existing ones:
DTM x4 (-2-4-6?)
LTN x7 (1234567)
NYO x3 (1-3-5--)

Just 1 plane in EPPO in Jan' 08, up to 4 in a few years.
Other bases in Poland: KTW (main), GDN & WAW (minors)

MMX is claimed as Malmö/Copenhagen.

larshakan
22nd Jun 2007, 20:12
Thx for the freqs!

Am I counting correctly when:
POZ:1
GDN:2
SOF:1
BBU:1
KTW:4
BUD:3
WAW:2

?
Total of fourteen (14)

According to Wikipedia Wizz air have 13 machines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizzair
Question is if the plane in POZ is counted in there!?

Buster the Bear
22nd Jun 2007, 22:20
Wizz have a number of airframes on order that have yet to be delivered.

larshakan
1st Jul 2007, 14:37
As of "present"! If I understood you corerctly you mean planes/maschines when you say airframes?!?

Powerjet1
3rd Jul 2007, 14:36
Wizz have announced they are to fly from Wroclaw to LTN(5 x weekly) & DSA(2 x weekly)from Feb08.

Charlie Roy
10th Jul 2007, 07:47
New route: Budapest - Milano Bergamo

Wizzair will compete with Alitalia and Sky Europe on the Milan route.

airhumberside
10th Jul 2007, 08:24
Is BUD getting an extra aircraft, as there are other capacity increases as well? (including to Luton)

james170969
10th Jul 2007, 16:13
So far, Wizzair's routes into Scotland ( Glasgow Prestwick ) have all been from cities in Poland. What are the chances of Wizzair starting a route from Budapest to Glasgow Prestwick?

cesare.caldi
10th Jul 2007, 21:28
New route Budapest - Milano Bergamo

Wizzair will compete with Alitalia and Sky Europe on the Milan route. Incredible launch price for BGY-BUD: return flight from 3 euro included tax! :eek:

larshakan
16th Jul 2007, 20:32
Did not W6 use to serve BUD-BGY in the past but pulled out because of SkyEurope?

To answer myself: http://www.ch-aviation.ch/news.php?search=1&airline=Wizz%20Air

Wizz Air(W6/Budapest) will give up its Budapest-Milan Orio al Serio route on November 8.

ryan2000
26th Jul 2007, 20:22
Cork Gdansk unbookable from 30th September, was available untill very recently for 2007/8 Winter including an extra flight at Christmas.

Press statement from them on their Cork operations sounded very upbeat last week so it's a bit puzzling.

kubik
26th Jul 2007, 20:40
I have read that they are closing Gdansk-Cork because they will increase Poznan-London Luton up to 7 a week.

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 16:57
"Cork Gdansk unbookable from 30th September"

Yeah, GDN-ORK-GDN, which is presently 3x weekly, will go to 2x weekly at the beginning of Sept. and be eliminated completely from the end of Sept.

"I have read that they are closing Gdansk-Cork because they will increase Poznan-London Luton up to 7 a week."

But POZ-LTN-POZ is already 7x weekly/1x daily.

kubik
28th Jul 2007, 17:02
So it will be more than 7x weekly.

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 17:05
"So it will be more than 7x weekly."

Well yeah, if they decide to increase it.

I wonder whether C0 will operate GDN-ORK-GDN. They already fly to ORK from KRK, WAW and WRO.

kubik
28th Jul 2007, 17:08
C0 has lots of problems with other LCCs, they are going to close GDN-EDI because of easyJet's new route and they opened SZZ-EDI - maybe in stead of GDN.

kubik
28th Jul 2007, 17:14
Well yeah, if they decide to increase it.

They have already informed about it - a polish website Pasazer.com (passenger) got a statement from Wizz's spokesman:

'Yes, we have decided to suspend the Gdańsk - Cork route but we are going to inrease frequency on the Poznań - London route'

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 17:26
I don't suppose you know how W9 is performing profit-wise? I can't get much information (I guess it's a private company). If you could provide some statistics I'd be very grateful. :)

kubik
28th Jul 2007, 17:42
It is a private company, so it is unavailable to get any information about its strategy. You should stay alert and read every information about them.

airhumberside
28th Jul 2007, 17:46
C0 has lots of problems with other LCCs, they are going to close GDN-EDI because of easyJet's new route and they opened SZZ-EDI - maybe in stead of GDN.
Have C0 announced yet they are axing EDI-Gdansk?

Based on their slots at EDI, Szczecin is meant to be operated with the Gdansk based aircraft that does EDI-Gdansk

kubik
28th Jul 2007, 17:55
Have C0 announced yet they are axing EDI-Gdansk?

Not yet, but you can easily look through its booking engine and realize that they are going to decrease and finally close this route.

Based on their slots at EDI, Szczecin is meant to be operated with the Gdansk based aircraft that does EDI-Gdansk

I know, but they can also move one plane from GDN to SZZ or just stay there for a night.

This conversation should be moved to the Centralwings thread!

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 18:02
Thanks, Kubik.

It was sometime ago, but does anyone have any definite info about W6 and its proposals for BEG?

Also, which routes have W6 eliminated? I know LTN-LJU has gone and ORK-GDN will be going.

According to Wikipedia - which isn't always accurate - it seems like Wizz Air Bulgaria is permitted to fly from Bulgaria to Turkey and Moldova. Any more information about either?

Cheers!

James.

kubik
29th Jul 2007, 11:20
There were also Katowice - MUC, AMS, TSF, SXF, LBC, GDN, BUD - but they closed them before first flight. Except BUD, they used it as a KTW-(BUD)-ATH route.

larshakan
29th Jul 2007, 11:37
More closed Routes:
http://www.ch-aviation.ch/news.php?search=1&airline=Wizz%20Air

Eg. MMX-KUN, ARAD-BGY and so on!

JulietNovemberPapa
29th Jul 2007, 12:15
Thanks for your replies about W6's cut routes.

I can't yet get http://www.ch-aviation.ch/news.php?s...ine=Wizz%20Air (http://www.ch-aviation.ch/news.php?search=1&airline=Wizz%20Air) to work on my computer, so I'll try again tomorrow.

LGS6753
5th Aug 2007, 14:08
Hot on the heels of EZY, Wizz will be charging for baggage from this winter.

laqu
9th Aug 2007, 11:18
Next airport in London! WizzAir will fly to London Gatwick from Katowice! The first flight is said to be 31th January 2008. It is the third London airport that WizzAir will be flying to from Katowice. Flights will be daily (in the evening). So from Katowice WizzAir will be operating 2x daily LTN (except Saturday evening), daily STN and daily LGW..

aidoair
18th Aug 2007, 15:33
Anyone know how well, in terms of load factors the new wizzair routes to/from Coventry and Durham Tees Valley airport are doing? I have heard the new Bournemouth routes seem to be performing really well.

Thanks

SeamusCVT
24th Aug 2007, 07:41
Not got any precise figures to hand yet for the month of July for Coventry (route started on 13th July).

However, as a rough estimate, when looking on the wizzair site for the CVT-KTW flights, there are very very few times when more than 20 seats can be booked.

Therefore implying a booked load factor of above 85%, indeed this does backs up the comment made by Coventry Airport Managing director, Mr Chris Orphanou, that loads on the CVT-KTW-CVT route were over 85%.

Just as an aside, this route, and hopefully more CVT Wizzair routes to come (if any Wizzair people might be reading...;)), could help Coventry Airport appeal the terminal refusal decision...one of the reasons given for refusal was the probability that public transport would not be used much. Upon my return from Katowice a couple of weeks ago, approximately 40% of the passengers on the flight (the flight contained about 160 passengers) used the bus to transport them from the airport.

Unfortunately I do not have any indication about the loads from MME

loveJet
24th Aug 2007, 09:12
Yes Bournemouth doing very well - 92% average load factor in first month of operation!

mmeteesside
24th Aug 2007, 10:36
Loads for July for the MME-WAW route (first month of ops, started 13th July) is 92%.

S78
24th Aug 2007, 12:23
SeamusCVT,

The reason so many people arriving from KTW use the bus is because they're Polish nationals arriving on a one-way ticket to work in the UK.

I've worked the Polish flights at BHX and CVT and I'd say that about 90-95% of the inbound pax are Poles/Slovaks.

S78

Leofric
27th Aug 2007, 07:53
Coventry - Katowice carried 2525 passengers in the start up (part) month of July (CAA figures) which I reckon is a load factor of just under 88%. So they must have good loads both ways.

befree
29th Aug 2007, 12:06
what is wrong with wizz at Katowice today?
other airlines seem fine.

PARIS W6 111 6:00 DELAYED 11H
LONDON - STANSTED W6 141 10:20 DELAYED 5H 20 MIN
COVENTRY W6 113 11:45 DELAYED 2H 55MIN
STOCKHOLM W6 125 14:40 ON TIME
CHANIA C0 423 15:20 ON TIME
DUSSELDORF LH 3299 15:25 ON TIME
FRANKFURT-HAHN W6 167 16:00 DELAYED 4H 25 MIN
DORTMUND W6 165 16:10 DELAYED 2H 45 MIN
WARSAW LO 3882 17:35
LONDON - LUTON W6 109 18:00 DELAYED 6H 15 MIN
FRANKFURT LH 3295 18:50
DONCASTER-SHEFFIELD W6 129 18:55 DELAYED 3H 35 MIN
MONACHIUM LO 373 19:30

befree
29th Aug 2007, 16:01
who can read this?

29-08-2007 Informacja na temat opóżnień Wizz Air

Górnośląskie Towarzystwo Lotnicze S.A., spółka zarządzająca Międzynarodowym Portem Lotniczym Katowice w Pyrzowicach, informuje że wina za aktualne opóźnienia linii lotniczej WizzAir na trasach do i z Katowic nie leży po stronie portu.
Szczegółowe informacje o opoźnieniach samolotów Wizz Air można uzyskac pod numerem infolinii: +48 22 351 94 99

kubik
29th Aug 2007, 16:12
29-08-2007 Information about Wizz Air's delays.

Górnośląskie Towarzystwo Lotnicze S.A., a company managing the International Airport Katowice in Pyrzowice, informs that Wizz Air's delays on routes to and from Katowice are not caused by the airport.
For more information about Wizz Air's delays please call +48 22 351 94 99 (Wizz Air's call centre).

BTW, Wizz Air has wet-leased an aircraft from Travel Service Plus (737-800) - the same which was used at the beginning of this year.

laqu
29th Aug 2007, 16:31
All the delays take place because on plane is out of order. It is said to be because in Warsaw airport staff destroyed the plane by the stairs. There is also an option that 4 birdes flew into the engine while landing. Lack of one airplane causes these delays. What is more Girona filghts to Katowice have been cancelled untill the plane will be in service again.

Le Tirer
29th Aug 2007, 17:52
The problems also affected some flights yesterday.
Despite the Bournemouth Airport website showing the Wizzair flight as cancelled :ugh: it did in fact operate to and from Katowice using the BOH based Titan B733

beaucaire
10th Oct 2007, 08:56
After their recent massive order for 50 A320 plus 25 options,I wonder how they will finance this deal ???
There is not balance-sheet available on Wizzair but I would apppreciate any data about revenue/profit/loss
thanks in advance

Beaklington4077
10th Oct 2007, 10:30
They are part owned by Indigo Partners, a US investment house. They have money to burn.

10th Oct 2007, 10:58
Financial websites are saying they've ordered an additional 50 A320s today.

That will make them a pretty substantial airline.

kubik
10th Oct 2007, 11:11
I'd like to see f.ex 20-30 A320 at Katowice :) /its main base/

thepeacock
10th Oct 2007, 11:53
50 + 25 options.

Takes them up to over 100 aircraft by 2016 if the options are exercised.

Aussie
10th Oct 2007, 18:16
Central European budget carrier Wizz Air has placed an order for 50 additional Airbus A320s, increasing its firm commitments to 82 of the type.

Hungarian-headquartered Wizz Air, which currently operates 13 Airbus A320s, will use the additional aircraft to add frequencies and open new routes.

The aircraft will be configured in a 180-seat, all-economy layout.

Wizz Air CEO Jozsef Varadi says: “Wizz Air has demonstrated its ability for sustainable growth, where cost efficiency is the key to generate market and win competition. Our choice of aircraft plays a big part in this cost efficiency.

“The A320 continues to deliver low operating costs, high operational reliability and customer satisfaction whilst enabling us to remain environmentally conscious. The new aircraft order will make Wizz Air the largest fleet operator in the region.”

An Airbus spokeswoman says Wizz Air is yet to disclose its engine selection, but the airline’s existing A320s are all International Aero Engines V2500-powered.

Airbus says: “The contract represents the largest ever order in the region for a single Airbus type, and will enable Wizz Air to become one of the biggest airlines in central and Eastern Europe within the next decade. Wizz Air has already ordered 32 new A320s from Airbus, and operates several additional A320s on lease.”

Wizz Air placed an order for 12 A320s plus 12 options in 2005 and signed a follow-on deal for 20 of the type in 2006. The status of the 12 options is not immediately clear following the announcement on 10 October.

Since beginning operations in 2003, it has taken delivery of nine leased A320s and four aircraft from the 2005 direct-purchase deal. The airline has US aviation investment house Indigo Partners as a major shareholder, but has been talking about a possible London flotation.
SOURCE:Flightglobal.com

Looks like the new Ryanair of the east!

eu01
10th Oct 2007, 18:53
And indeed Wizz is a winner here - at present much stronger than its rival Sky Europe (the latter one is atually retreating from CE Europe).
Concerning Ryanair, their competition has been fierce, but on some routes Wizz has survived better (it applies mostly to the destinations outside of the UK/Ireland). For example, Wizz Air has been dominant on the routes from the eastern EU to Germany, Scandinavia, France, Benelux (not a single route operated by FR yet/ any more). Not to mention that FR didn't manage to create even a single base to the East from the Stockholm-Hamburg-Frankfurt-Milan BGY line. Nevertheless, I doubt in their peaceful co-existance in this area for the years to come.

DTVAirport
10th Oct 2007, 20:35
Hopefully this will mean more routes to Durham Tees Valley :)

Bartrams
10th Oct 2007, 20:58
More likely to operate and extend through Newcastle..this is the big rumour up there amongst the huge Polish community!!!
Maybe this was discussed at the recent routes conference. Did we hear anything about new routes from DTV BTW ??

Remember Wizz are cutting flights through DTV,I know for a short period..but if they were broken..why not try and fix it?

DTVAirport
10th Oct 2007, 21:01
Hmm, we'll see, let's get back on point...Wizz order 50 A320...

toledoashley
10th Oct 2007, 21:10
Think it is going to be more flights from its current bases + More Poland Bases/Baltic States/Balkan States and Westernised Soviet States (Ukraine?) maybe to near middle east and Russia

andyafc
10th Oct 2007, 21:11
where else could they expand from? new airports in easter europe maybe prague and other places?

11th Oct 2007, 07:50
I'd expect them to look at secondary airports in Eastern Europe, places like Kosice and Balaton. Also outside the capitals, international aviation in Romania and Bulgaria is open to substantial future expansion; Wizz could be a major beneficiary there.

IAEdude
11th Oct 2007, 16:47
Great notice!

Specially for those who are waiting the call for start with Wizz :D

LGS6753
19th Oct 2007, 09:07
Wizz have announced that all of their Transylvania flights will operate from Cluj, rather than Tirgu Mures, with effect from 13th November 2007. The reason is cited as frequent adverse weather conditions at TM, affecting reliability.

airman13
14th Nov 2007, 06:46
It seems Wizzair will open a new base in Cluj-Napoca, after Bucharest.Any lights from wizz pilots?

Leofric
14th Nov 2007, 07:48
Wizz are to fly from Cluj to Dortmund I believe. This was a route that was originally announced at Tirgu Mures to Dortmund. How this fits into their schedules and whether there are to be other routes, I do not know.

Jes
14th Nov 2007, 08:06
Very interesting, but why not stick to the rules and use the Wizzair thread, which already has 6 pages?

TOM1977
14th Nov 2007, 11:14
Hi

This is just a change of airport for Wizz - flights originally operating or due to operate from Tirgu Mures will now operate from this airport. Wizz Air has operated out of Tirgu Mures since July 2006.

Wizz will operate all of its flights serving Transylvania in Romania from Cluj-Napoca International Airport and would cease flying from Tirgu Mures Airport at the same time. The effective move of the current Tirgu Mures flights to Cluj to and from Budapest, Rome and Barcelona as well as the new London Luton route will take place on 13 November 2007. The already announced Tirgu Mures-Dortmund service will be launched from Cluj on 28 February as planned.

Wizz Air started flying from Tirgu Mures in July 2006 and since then severe weather conditions combined with the airport's inability to improve low visibility operations has been continuously jeopardizing the airline's on-time performance causing delays and forced cancellations. On the contrary Cluj Airport has already got more advanced operational capabilities as well as adequate development plans in place to accommodate Wizz Air's growth by ensuring a smooth operating environment.

Charlie Roy
14th Nov 2007, 21:01
This is just a change of airport for Wizz

No, this is a change of airport and the announcement of a base at that newly-transfered-to airport.

All of Cluj-Napoca's Christmas' have come at once, while Tirgu Mures must be really kicking themselves for having lost Wizz.

airman13
16th Nov 2007, 08:31
Is it true Wizzair will operate domestic flights within Romania?

toledoashley
16th Nov 2007, 08:46
At the moment just one route - Bucharest-Cluj

SeamusCVT
17th Nov 2007, 16:52
Ok, long shot here because of commercial sensitivity et al.

Could anyone "in the know" please give an idea as to when the full WizzAir Summer 2008 programme will be released? The drop downs on the booking engine do include Summer 2008 months, however when I have looked on the timetable or tried to book flights I can only book until 30 March...this includes the popular LTN-KTW route

I appreciate that some routes may have already been released for Summer 2008.

Alternatively, what is the likelihood of CVT-KTW and CVT-GDN continuing through Summer 2008, or even a third route as has been rumoured on the Coventry thread (Budapest? Warsaw? Poznan?)?

Regards

BHX5DME
17th Nov 2007, 18:52
Wizz are doing really well at CVT and I understand Poznan will be next.

BHX5DME

DTVAirport
18th Nov 2007, 09:51
How are they doing at MME? Rumour a while ago was the route is very successful but they've somehow got it into their heads that most of the pax are from the Newcastle area (which is complete b:mad:cks), which in turn started a rumour that the flights might be moved up there.

virginblue
18th Nov 2007, 12:07
@ airman13

My understanding is that Wizz will base a second A320 at Bucarest and a first A320 at Cluj Napoca.

like_to_fly
27th Nov 2007, 22:36
Hello everybody !

Maybe a little bit off topic ... but I need your help.
Anybody here having the email of the human resources department of wizzair. Feel free to send me a pm.
I do not mean the email [email protected] .
Need something for groundstaff and so on.
Anybody here knows if the have part-time positions for students at their bases ?

Thanks everybody !!!!!

Charlie Roy
4th Dec 2007, 11:13
Warsaw to Doncaster

LGS6753
4th Dec 2007, 14:56
Warsaw to Doncaster is indeed a new route, announced today (3x per week from 1st April 2008).

Wizzair currently have scheduled 90 flights per week into Luton for summer 2008, excluding any new destinations (of which a further 2 are likely to be announced shortly).

darren1
4th Dec 2007, 18:43
What might the 2 new routes be? SJJ and SKP?

Powerjet1
4th Dec 2007, 18:59
Bourgas is back for S08, LTN 3 x weekly starting 12 May.

jamesp
7th Dec 2007, 21:49
rumour has it that wizz is to start either poznan or budapest from coventry next year. is this just rumours or is there any truth in this comment.

en2r
7th Dec 2007, 22:48
Is that really a good idea, when Ryanair have just started both BUD and POZ from EMA, which is not far at all from COV. When will other smaller airlines learn, Ryanair will just undercut them till the route is dropped.

I wouldn't write off Wizzair Lee. They have an inherent advantage over Ryanair. Eastern Europeans prefer travelling on Eastern European Airlines, even if they have to pay a little more. Look how Wizz drove Ryanair off Stockholm-Gdansk and Krakow, and Hahn-Krakow. Wizz also regularly have free flight offers, just pay taxes and charges, so Ryanair do not always beat them on price! Ryanair are not invincible!
(If you want more proof about how Ryanair are not invincible look how Aer Arann, a small Irish airline which uses turboprops has remained on the Cork-Dublin in the face of huge competition on the route from Ryanair. They achieve higher load factors on the route than FR despite the fact that their fares are several multiples of those of Ryanair! Bully boy tactics don't always work)

SeamusCVT
8th Dec 2007, 08:53
I would have thought that FR's biggest competiter on the EMA-POZ would be W6 from DSA?

anna_list
8th Dec 2007, 09:02
@en2r: Minor point: FR have never flown from Stockholm to Krakow. It has also worked the other way too, with W6 dropping HHN-BUD just as FR started flying the route.

In my view, FR vs W6 will be a key battle over the next couple of years (if it lasts that long). Both airlines have flooded the UK - Poland market with capacity and have emerged as the market leaders. The most recent figures (Q1 2007) showed that FR were already Poland's second largest airline by passengers carried, behind LOT and just ahead of W6, despite not having any aircraft based there.

I can see Wizzair becoming an increasing source of irritation to FR as they ramp up the number of connections from traditional FR airports (BOH, PIK, LPL, CRL, NYO etc) on routes that FR might have planned for themselves in the future.

I have still to see any evidence that Wizzair have made a single penny of profit so far. So far they are still running on private money. There was talk earlier this year of a possible floatation, but this hasn't happened. How deep are those pockets?

Charlie Roy
8th Dec 2007, 10:52
I get the impression that the big boys at Ryanair seem to have decided to let Wizz Air be for the moment, letting them establish and have free reign on many Ryanair-esque routes. With the strategy being that once the routes are nicely established, Ryanair'll move in for the kill and in one year wipe them out, taking over all their routes.

airhumberside
8th Dec 2007, 18:21
I take it one advantage Wizz has over FR is Eastern European bases, with crew being cheaper to employ in Eastern rather Western Europe

eu01
9th Dec 2007, 14:32
I take it one advantage Wizz has over FR is Eastern European bases, with crew being cheaper to employ in Eastern rather Western EuropeLet's notice however that nothing would stop FR from basing some aircrafts in Central-Eastern Europe almost immediately if they just decided to. Ryanair instead prefers to haggle about the conditions (airport fees and alike) making very few progress in that matter. The crew and maintenance are cheaper now, but in a few years the costs of creating and keeping the bases will rise in this area as well. It's up to Ryanair will they be fast enough to enjoy these lower costs of labour or will they be late. Not every airport in, say, Poland, is as pricey as Warsaw or Krakow. Others like Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk or Lodz are much cheaper and I'd believe, they are prepared to struck a deal.

laqu
10th Mar 2008, 19:49
WizzAir is said to announce a new base in Kiev soon. They want to start serving Ukraine this year. They are now recruiting the crew. It is believed that at the biginning there will be one aircraft in this base flying to Katowice to make the passangers able to change the planes for another W6 flights out of KTW. WizzAir will set up a new brand called WizzAir Ukraine. A week before there was a meeting between Polish and Ukrainian goverments making KTW and KRK next Polish airports to be able to serve flights to Ukraine so that makes this rumour more believeble. In My opinion it is a great step for WizzAir to be the first LCC in Ukraine.

pee
7th Apr 2008, 08:05
Last Wednesday Wizzair has started flying to Finland and its very first route links Gdansk to Turku (where it became the first airline to use a new low-cost terminal). It will be interesting to observe the development here, because until now just one truely no-frills carrier is known in Finland (Ryanair flying to TMP).

As far as I know the bookings are going well and (assuming travel forums are relevant as the opinion polls) some other typical Wizzair destinations like BUD, Bulgarian coast or KTW/Krakow could also become popular here. :D

Btw (edit). It's interesting to estimate the travellers' preferencies by counting the hits received by different countries on travel forums (like in Finland Suomi24.fi/matkailu). Spain, Italy, Bulgaria(!) and Turkey get the most.

cesare.caldi
7th Apr 2008, 22:27
Why Finnish people love Bulgaria?

pee
8th Apr 2008, 07:23
Why Finnish people love Bulgaria?
Plenty of sun, sandy beaches and... so called "CHEAP" flights :ugh: (meaning you can get the return ticket for around 300 euros, people think it's cheap as there are no low-cost flights from Finland to South-European resorts at all).

MUFC_fan
8th Apr 2008, 10:54
Loving the Wizzair advertisement on their homepage!

Liverpool/Manchester;) - Warsaw and Katowice.

:}:}:}

Charlie Roy
8th Apr 2008, 11:01
Strange to see Wizz spliting thier routes between 2 airports for some destinations:

Barcelona: BCN + GRO
Rome: FCO + CIA
Stockholm: VST + NYO

pee
8th Apr 2008, 11:49
BCN/GRO: don't know why.
FCO/CIA. It's probably impossible to get new slots (or anyway to increase the number of flights) at CIA, that's why they can add some new routes to FCO only.
VST/NYO. Trying out Västerĺs and considering a total moving from NYO???

pwalhx
8th Apr 2008, 11:53
Wizzair seem to brand all their flights to Liverpool as being Liverpool/Manchester.

I flew with them recently, albeit from Luton not Liverpool and was amused by the fact that they dual brand the airport and the destination guide including both cities.

Interestingly they also show Coventry/Birmingham.

I guess this is for the benefit of overseas visitors as it is unlikely to fool the locals.

Charlie Roy
8th Apr 2008, 12:21
In their inflight magazine their Durham page tells all about Newcastle :}

TBSC
23rd Apr 2008, 22:16
BCN/GRO: don't know why.
FCO/CIA. It's probably impossible to get new slots (or anyway to increase the number of flights) at CIA, that's why they can add some new routes to FCO only.
VST/NYO. Trying out Västerĺs and considering a total moving from NYO???

- FCO/CIA : correct
- VST/NYO: don't think so
- BCN/GRO: BCN is used for romanian/bulgarian routes (better for workers), GRO is used for leisure routes from Hungary/Poland (closer to Costa Brava and of course a lot cheaper).

eu01
24th Apr 2008, 20:15
A new chapter in the low-cost development in Europe?
Wizz Air Ukraine announced at a press conference in Kiev today that it would start operating an initial network of seven Ukrainian domestic routes from its operating base at Kiev Boryspil Airport on 11 July 2008. Wizz Air Ukraine will provide low fare air travel service from Kiev Boryspil Airport to Lviv, Odessa, Simferopol, Kharkov and Zaporozhye. Flights from Lviv and Kharkov to Simferopol, the popular Krym resort will also be available to the Ukrainian travellers.

Wizz Air Ukraine’s new routes include:
Kiev – Lviv 4 flights/week
Kiev - Kharkov 4 flights/week
Kiev - Odessa 7 flights/week
Kyiv - Zaporozhye 3 flights/week
Kiev - Simferopol 10 flights/week
Simferopol – Kharkov 3 flights/week
Simferopol – Lviv 4 flights/week

Ticket sales will be opened on 24 April with all inclusive fares starting from as low as UAH 79.
Wizz Air Ukraine will operate brand new Airbus A320 aircraft configured with 180 leather seats offering low fares and convenient air travel experience to the Ukrainian public.
“Today is a milestone event in the development of Wizz Air as well as for the Ukrainian traveling public. Wizz Air Ukraine’s high quality service and low fares will change the dynamics of the Ukrainian transportation market. Now all those who never thought of flying before will have the opportunity to travel fast, safely and comfortably on our new Airbus A320 aircraft for the fraction of the current prices.” - said Natália Kázmér, Director General of Wizz Air Ukraine. “Wizz Air Ukraine has ambitious plans to quickly expand its operations by adding international routes and more domestic services, opening further operating bases in various regions in Ukraine and ultimately deploying an increasing number of aircraft.” - she added.
Undoubtlessly, it's a truely innovative move on the part of lccs trying to explore a vast potential out there. Which will be the first lo-co to snatch a piece of a (much bigger) Russian market?

Buster the Bear
24th Apr 2008, 20:51
Well they call Luton, London...or is it, London-Luton?

Liverpool to Manchester is a similar distance (city to city).

Lviv, that will please my friend if they venture towards London....Luton!

JulietNovemberPapa
25th Apr 2008, 10:37
Excellent news!

The article stated that the flights would be bookable from the 24th April = yesterday. But nothing's yet loaded on its website. Anyone know why?

Anyone know what W6's CASM is?

JulietNovemberPapa
25th Apr 2008, 11:34
OK, it's all loaded now. Woohoo.

DTVAirport
13th May 2008, 19:00
Are Wizz pulling an aircraft out of Warsaw? Hopefully it's nothing, but MME, BFS and DTM are only bookable until mid-September, along with their summer only routes (BOJ, CFU etc) and PIK, LPL and LTN are all losing rotations? Does anyone know anything?

en2r
13th May 2008, 22:31
Are Wizz pulling an aircraft out of Warsaw? Hopefully it's nothing, but MME, BFS and DTM are only bookable until mid-September, along with their summer only routes (BOJ, CFU etc) and PIK, LPL and LTN are all losing rotations? Does anyone know anything?
I doubt it. Centralwings are after axing a significant proportion of its Polish based network so presumably Wizz will want to capitalise on this. They're probably just late loading the routes. Wizz are often quite late loading routes.

LGS6753
14th May 2008, 10:23
There have been a number of services from Gdansk axed recently (see Gdansk thread). If the some of the massive wave of Polish immigrants is returning to their homeland, demand on all Polish routes will diminish.

I think Centralwings must be a basket case (their CEO seems to think so), so Wizz may pick up pax from them, but if the market is shrinking, the contraction of CW may not help overall.

kingston_toon
14th May 2008, 12:10
It looks like Wizz have had a bit of a shuffle around before the first flight has even taken off!

Originally, they planned to do this:

Route Frequency
Kiev – Lviv 4 flights/week
Kiev - Kharkov 4 flights/week
Kiev - Odessa 7 flights/week
Kyiv - Zaporozhye 3 flights/week
Kiev - Simferopol 10 flights/week
Simferopol – Kharkov 3 flights/week
Simferopol – Lviv 4 flights/week

Now they are doing this:

Route Frequency
Kiev – Lviv 6 flights/week
Kiev - Kharkov 0 flights/week
Kiev - Odessa 6 flights/week
Kyiv - Zaporozhye 0 flights/week
Kiev - Simferopol 8 flights/week
Simferopol – Kharkov 0 flights/week
Simferopol – Lviv 8 flights/week

So some winners (Simferopol to Lviv) and some losers (Zaporozhye and Kharkov completely). Seems they are going for the bucket-and-spade market, rather than linking cities.

aeroarce
14th May 2008, 19:00
Hi you all!
Wizzair was supossed to receive 8 or 9 aircrafts in 2009, and I've recently heard that they may cancel some of them and may only receive 2 aircrafts.
Does anyone have any more information?
I know they are having finacial problems. but are so big so as to cut so many aircrafts?
Thank you very much!

LGS6753
14th May 2008, 21:44
What makes you think they are having financial problems?

aeroarce
15th May 2008, 07:00
Well, as long as I know they are cutting all the office personal they can and also the Fuel charges are reising a lot.

Powerjet1
15th May 2008, 13:11
Apologies if this has been reported before, but it seems that the Katowice-LGW is "pulled", and is no longer bookable. When did his happen ?

eu01
23rd May 2008, 16:08
I wouldn't say it's something "breathtaking", but Wizzair's development in Ukraine should be watched very carefully, they are trying to be the low-cost leader not only in Central Europe, but more to the East as well... and it's a vast market.
Wizz Air Ukraine, the first low fare - low cost airline in Ukraine announced during the airline’s Kiev-Odessa-Kiev demonstration flight today that it intended to operate international routes to London Luton, Dortmund and Milan Bergamo from its Kiev base later this year. The company will provide affordable and comfortable travel to many Ukrainian holidaymakers and millions of students and workers who live abroad and will now have the opportunity to travel back to Ukraine for less and consequently more often. The new flights are planned to start from 15 September and will complement the airline’s domestic network. The start of ticket sales for the international flights remains subject to regulatory approvals expected to take place in the course of July.

Wizz Air Ukraine’s [international] schedule:

Kiev - London Luton* 3 flights/week
Kiev - Dortmund* 3 flights/week
Kiev - Milan Bergamo* 3 flights/week
*Subject to regulatory approvals

(...)
"Today's announcement of our intent to launch international routes from Kiev and the very first Wizz Air Kiev-Odessa demonstration flights are new milestones in the development of Wizz Air Ukraine. We are pleased to make the next steps as we have been experiencing excessive demand for low fare air tickets by the Ukrainian people since we started sales a couple of weeks ago." – said Natasa Kázmér, Director General of Wizz Air Ukraine.

TBSC
25th May 2008, 19:38
Wizzair was supossed to receive 8 or 9 aircrafts in 2009, and I've recently heard that they may cancel some of them and may only receive 2 aircrafts.

Well, as long as I know they are cutting all the office personal they can

Company actually trying to have earlier deliveries for all a/c planned for 2009 (maybe you mean SkyEurope ?? :)). Not a single job has been cut, only a hiring ban took place recently on office jobs.

TBSC
25th May 2008, 19:40
Apologies if this has been reported before, but it seems that the Katowice-LGW is "pulled", and is no longer bookable.

It was only to keep Ryanair off from KTW anyway.

mmeteesside
5th Jun 2008, 10:44
Anyone know whether Wizz are just late loading routes or if Warsaw to Belfast, Bourgas, Brussels-Charleroi, Corfu, Cork, Durham Tees Valley are all dropped after the week ending 14th September? All other routes from Warsaw are bookable until the end of the summer in October (with the exception of Luton which is until end of March 2009). :confused:

Coka
8th Jul 2008, 04:40
What do you think how will Wizzair perform in this high fuel prices environment. It is obvious now that it is a downturn in economy and airline industry. Wizzair is going for quite a big market (Eastern Europe), that is true, but majority of people in the east can afford to spend much less on travel then the guys in the west. If oil price is high inflation goes up and people have even less extra money to spend on travel. Wizzair ordered a lot’s of Airbuses! Will they cancel the orders, will they delay planes, will they go for 82 airplanes or will they stick with 20 plus or minus that they have now? What do you think?

thewatcher
8th Jul 2008, 08:22
Hi there,
Definitely oil crises will affect also Wizzair but I think they will maintain their plans and move forward. I believe that Eastern Europe its not so weak and people we'll continue travel around even if they must pay higher prices. Fuel price it is affecting not only airline industry and traveling by plane will be more expencive but there is no doubt that is also much more faster than any other means of transportation and we all know that everyone nowadays live against the clock. As for turism, people in ex comunist countries are just now starting (more or less) to enjoy spending vacations abroad and I'm sure they wont give up easily to this even if they must pay more to reach their favorite destination. Also the prices for routes inside country (at least in Romania) are competing with railway transportation prices, the advantage being speed and confort.
I have noticed an increase of wizz prices starting with august but are still affordable and competitive.

Anyway, time will tell....

jamesp
12th Jul 2008, 08:12
bfs to ktw scrapped.. it looks like cvt might be in sept does anyone know if any other uk airports going to be affected, hopefully they'll come back later.

BHX man
13th Jul 2008, 20:26
Does anyone know what is happening at wizz ? All flight to / from katowice are cancelled though Budapest and other Polish seem to be running. I spoke to the coach co who operate the Wizz Katowice / Krakow shuttle and they told me they had done no shuttles since friday !

sweetie76
14th Jul 2008, 11:39
My roster still has KTW-BVA-BUD and back.

Also KTW-EIN-BUD and back.

FLYboh
14th Jul 2008, 14:05
BOH - KTW is still bookable through out the winter, but only 2 X weekly instead of the usual 3.

TBSC
15th Jul 2008, 13:50
@ BHX man

6 legs cancelled (due AOG) vs. 27 operated from/to KTW that day. I would not say "all flight from / to Katowice are cancelled". :)

BHX man
15th Jul 2008, 19:44
Yes, I now know that it wasnt as bad as feared. Over reaction !

eu01
20th Jul 2008, 19:43
It was Ryanair that planned a base there. Some sources say, however, that in Wroclaw (Poland) Wizzair will be first. If true, the announcement on a new Airbus to be based in this airport due tomorrow.

Edit: Nope, nothing as yet. Seems to be somebody's speculation only.

JulietNovemberPapa
7th Aug 2008, 11:19
Wizz Air opens its 10th base in Timisoara, Romania

Wizz Air announced at a press conference today that it would open its 10th operating base in Timisoara, Romania in March 2009.

London Luton 3 flights/week 17 December 2008
Rome Fiumicino 3 flights/week 17 December 2008
Dortmund 3 flights/week 17 December 2008
Milan Bergamo 3 flights/week 11 March 2009
Barcelona 3 flights/week 11 March 2009
Paris Beauvais 2 times/week 11 March 2009
Valencia 2 times/week 11 March 2009
Venice Treviso 3 times/week 11 March 2009

kingston_toon
19th Aug 2008, 15:55
Wizzair seem to have changed their minds in the Ukraine yet again, with Zaporozhye and Kharkov disappearing out of the schedule for the second time, and a big shuffle round with regards to the remaining flights in the winter schedule.

This seems to leave three domestic routes (Kiev to Simferopol, Lviv and Odessa)
running four times a week each (on the same days), and no flights at all on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.

I'm guessing by this that the planned international flights will operate on the empty days... any ideas when this will be announced? Also, I feel a bit sorry for those who may be interested in using the domestic routes, as things have been chopped and changed there four times now!

Still, can't wait to get out to the Ukraine if/when Wizz start flying to London!

Flitefone
19th Aug 2008, 18:08
Seems to me that Wizz is showing all the classic signs of an airline running out of cash. Routes announced started and cancelled or rejigged at short notice all over the place. Not enough fat in business to build what was thought only a few weeks ago by Wizz to be a viable route.. More to come on this for sure. Long faces for Wizz later this year and smiles at RYR as they swoop to pick some of the cherries is my bet for late October.
FF

eu01
19th Aug 2008, 18:47
showing all the classic signs of an airline running out of cash
A very interesting question. We know much more about the financial status of many other airlines, but Wizzair is not being listed on financial market, hence they do not have to present any results to the public. For example we recognize the troubles of SkyEurope out there, but what about WIZZ? Generally, W6 has been perceived as bearing-up airline, due to their low-cost structure and good management style. How much impact the rise of fuel costs and the declining demand are having on their economy at present? I'm not very convinced to draw any conclusions based upon the route "jiggling" as long as these are made mostly in Ukraine, a new market that significantly differs from the EU market (including CE Europe). Low-cost flying is something the average citizen of Ukraine is probably still unaware of.

mufc4evr
19th Aug 2008, 20:15
Any chance of Wizz coming to MAN?

supersnake
20th Aug 2008, 00:31
heard on the grapevine it will be sooner rather than later

TBSC
21st Aug 2008, 18:48
@ Flitefone

Did you ever do any business with ukrainians or Ukraine? Don't think so...

Does Ryanair fly to/from Ukraiane, Bulgaria or Romania? They will leave Hungary for the winter, only a few routes are overlapping in Poland. Why would they smile then even if something is happening with W6??

Flitefone
24th Aug 2008, 11:53
Hi TBSC, Yes have ben to Ukraine several times on (aviation) business, in fact all over the eastern block.

But thats not my point, as I said I think Wizz is showing signs of cash shortage - which will mean their shrinking business to preserve cash, which is what we have already seen this year.

I expect more giving up routes that are marginal for Wizz and which may be beneficial to RYR.

Either way my bet is you will start to see more evidence of cash shortage at Wizz and elsewhere at the end of the summer season when forward bookings and hence cash in the bank is at its lower mark.

Lets revisit this in November..

FF

The Dark Knight
1st Sep 2008, 11:36
Wizz Air has cut 3 flights a week from LPL's program Tuesdays and Thursdays is the final departure gonna be sooner than later for FS

pee
1st Sep 2008, 11:52
What a "sensation"! Just put it here (http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/206132-wizzair-9.html).

Powerjet1
8th Oct 2008, 13:26
Kiev-Luton flights announced, starting 17 December. Initially 4 x weekly, going daily from 28 March 09.

Seljuk22
10th Oct 2008, 14:12
Rumour: New routes from 15th January KBP to DTM and CGN and Lviv to LTN and DTM next year

News: News (http://www.discountflieger.de/dedi/projekt01/deutsch/news/?nid=2517)

TBSC
10th Oct 2008, 15:15
From 10JAN:
KBP-DTM 4x, KBP-CGN 3x, LWO-DTM 3x, LWO-LTN 4x

johnny_18
4th Dec 2008, 21:09
Wizz Air is outraged by Warsaw Airport plans

Wizz Air is outraged by the fact that PPL (Polish Airport Authorities) will close the Etiuda Terminal and double the charges imposed on airlines currently operating out of Etiuda effectively from April 2009.

PPL has confirmed no plans for re-accommodating the low cost carriers other than proposing the prohibitive charges currently available for operations out of the main terminal of Warsaw Airport.

Wizz Air, the largest low fare - low cost carrier at Warsaw Airport has been operating out of Etiuda Terminal since September 2004 and has made significant investments in setting up and running an operating base that currently employs over 100 local staff. Wizz Air's Warsaw traffic will record 875,000 passengers in 2008, accounting for 15% of the airport's total traffic.

The overall airline capacity at Warsaw Airport dropped by 14% in November compared to the same month last year, marking the third sharpest decline of Europe's primary airports. During the same period Wizz Air's capacity in Warsaw grew 12% or 4,500 seats which was is the airport's largest capacity increase in November.

Wizz Air views the PPL plan as a major jeopardy on the future perspective of civil aviation of Poland's capital and a hostile move against the interest of Poland and the Polish people. Millions of Polish people who currently enjoy the financial benefits of low fares will suffer increased charges or no low fare opportunities at all. Also as a result of the PPL plan hundreds of people will lose their jobs.

József Váradi, Chief executive Officer of Wizz Air said: 'We are outraged by the irresponsible and one sided decision of PPL to wipe Warsaw out from the map of low cost airlines. Even though the constantly changing management of PPL has been talking about opening Modlin airport for low cost airlines, it was not able to deliver any progress over the past 5 years." He went on saying: 'This incompetent decision is only aimed at protecting LOT, the airline which has been wasting hundreds of millions of zlotys of Polish tax payers money on Centralwings. Once it failed, they decided to shut down the low cost terminal to protect the struggling mother company. This goes against the spirit of free market economy and EU antimonopoly regulations.'

Wizz Air publicly requests the revision of the Warsaw Airport plans in the spirit of the interest of the Polish people and the prospect of Polish civil aviation.

captplaystation
5th Dec 2008, 05:53
Sounds like a Ryanair press release :ok: but you do have to sympathise with them. Finally, they are a Hungarian company, it seems the Polish authorities are more interested in that, and protecting their own carrier. . . the consumer ? phaw :ugh:

davidjohnson6
5th Dec 2008, 08:01
Perhaps either the Polish Govt or Warsaw airport have realised that LOT is having some serious issues and could do with a bit of assistance ?
Alternatively, someone may have realised that Etiuda cannot keep increasing its number of pax forever ?

The EU may frown on state aid - but the Polish electorate would presumably not be happy if Govt-majority-owned LOT were to go bust or be sold for a pittance and they perceive nothing has been done to prevent this. Privatisation in a recession is tough.

If Italy and Greece have been able to largely get away with taking an active role in managing Alitalia and Olympic....

eu01
5th Dec 2008, 08:39
I think Wizz could easily make more radical conclusions. There is an airport in Lodz nearby (some 130 from Warsaw, the town itself has over 750 thousand inhabitants) as a replacement for Okecie. Later the private-owned Sochaczew airport (http://www.e-sochaczew.pl/airsochaczew/pl_main.php?jez=en) 50km West of Warsaw could replace the suppressed Modlin (belonging to the earlier-mentioned PPL authorities). Fight the monopolies!

davidjohnson6
5th Dec 2008, 09:09
Wizz would have to be very confident to move one of their major bases from the capital in Warsaw to Lodz 2 hours travel-time away. It's not easy to persuade staff to move home in the expectation of moving back again in 3 years, just to save a bit on airport fees. Such a move might also provide a stunning opportunity for airlines like Norwegian and Easyjet

Stuck_in_an_ATR
5th Dec 2008, 09:22
The Etiuda terminal was a makeshift building, opened hastily, when there was political pressure to let LCCs into Warsaw airport. It was intended as a temporary measure anyway and frankly speaking it was a real pigsty (and I mean it!). Besides, why does LCC operating from the same airport have to pay less than a traditional carrier? Why do Ryanair or Easy not operate into Heatrhrow then? I'm glad it's over.

Cheers!

davidjohnson6
5th Dec 2008, 09:36
why does LCC operating from the same airport have to pay less than a traditional carrier

Stuck - I think you already answered this. It's because Etiuda is overcrowded, barely able to cope with the volume, and not a nice place to spend time. If I've paid very little for the flight I'll put up with grotty conditions. If I've paid a premium price for the flight, I want the airline to provide a quality product and the airport to be a comfortable environment.

Much the same as flying long-haul first class with the nice lounge, or with no lounge in economy - you still fly from the same airport and the flight takes the same amount of time.

Of course, each airline at Warsaw has to then ask itself if it wants to promote itself based on quality or on price and act accordingly....

eu01
7th Dec 2008, 11:17
Apparently, Wizz is very frustrated about the situation in Warsaw:Save low fares!! - Don't let PPL wipe Warsaw from the map of low cost aviation!
From April 2009 PPL has decided to shut down Etiuda terminal, double the charges for airlines currently operating from that terminal (offering low fares to their customers) and has no intention of offering another low cost airport option.
This blunt decision could mean the end of low cost aviation from Warsaw. It will affect millions of Polish people who currently enjoy the financial benefits of low fares travel opportunities offered by customer focused low fare airlines such as Wizz Air. It also means that hundreds of people could losing their jobs.
Don't let the government deprive you from low cost travel!
Don't let the authorities protect LOT's high fares!
Don't let LOT and PPL waste your money on useless expensive terminal development and failing airline attempts!

Join us in saving low cost travel from Warsaw!
Sign the petition:
We undersigned call on the Polish Airport Authorities and the Polish government to revise its airport plans in the spirit of the interest of the Polish people and the prospect of Polish civil aviation.
If you agree, please send an e-mail with your name and e-mail to this address: [email protected]
Thank you for your support. We will make sure that your voice is being heard.

In spite of that I believe Warsaw will lost its lo-co connections soon. I bet FR will not bother to return, EZY's presence is rather symbolic. "This blunt decision could mean the end of low cost aviation from Warsaw." Could agree.

davidjohnson6
7th Dec 2008, 12:31
In spite of that I believe Warsaw will lost its lo-co connections soon

I'm puzzled as to why you think Warsaw will lose its low-cost carriers (or at least until Modlin opens). Big city, lots of people, some money floating around. The centre of Warsaw is attractive so has inbound tourism as well.

Maybe a few of the more marginal routes might disappear, but with LOT having significant issues of its own, SkyEurope having quit WAW and the demise of Centralwings, it seems to be easy-ish money for the remaining stronger LCCs. Wizz might be making a lot of O'Leary-esque noise, but in 2009 would they really pull out of one of their main airports and give a monopoly to Norwegian ?

eu01
7th Dec 2008, 12:39
Oh, let's support Wizz a bit here (not making much noise) :ok:

eu01
10th Jan 2009, 07:57
Wizz Air continue to expand, the next destination is Prague (Ruzyne), 6 new routes announced:
to Milan/Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY)
to Paris, Beauvais (BVA)
to Brussels, Charleroi (CRL)
to Eindhoven (EIN)
to Rome (FCO)
to London, Luton (LTN)Wizz - a dark horse in Central-Eastern Europe? :rolleyes:

Charlie Roy
10th Jan 2009, 11:18
I bet SkyEurope and Czech Airlines aren't the happiest of campers today

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2009, 12:21
Having announced an expansion at Prague, anyone want to make a bet as to when Wizz start flying from another SkyEurope base, Kosice (or if they can get a low-cost deal, Vienna) ?

Ryanair seem to have staked out SkyEurope's other base in Bratislava and I don't think Bratislava is big enough to act as a base for 2 LCCs

Charlie Roy
10th Jan 2009, 12:25
Ryanair seem to have staked out SkyEurope's other base in Bratislava and I don't think Bratislava is big enough to act as a base for 2 LCCs

Ryanair and Wizz have a habit of avoiding each other too...
Wizz recently moved all routes from Girona to Barcelona El Prat.
And most flights from Rome Ciampino to Rome Fuimicino, so the precedence is there for Wizz to comfortably operate out of a "high cost" airport.

ryan2000
10th Jan 2009, 14:40
They might give Prague Cork a try, the load factors were quite good when CSA and EI operated the route. Perhaps Wizz could manage with lower yields than those two.

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2009, 17:03
I can think of other routes to try besides PRG-ORK which would lead to a competitor response and an inevitable fare war with the much larger and bigger-pocketed FR. Wizz is not a large airline, and needs to choose routes it can operate profitably, and fights that it can win without inflicting too much damage upon itself. W6 should instead be trying to take over as much of NE's prime routes and infrastructure as it possibly can

The European economy is struggling and the LCC business is in a consolidation phase, with the weaker players struggling. Now is not the time to go off doing things for a costly blaze of brash publicity

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2009, 17:18
Wizz recently moved all routes from Girona to Barcelona El Prat.
And most flights from Rome Ciampino to Rome Fuimicino, so the precedence is there for Wizz to comfortably operate out of a "high cost" airport.
I believe that the Rome Govt insisted airlines to move at least some of their operations from Ciampino to Fiumicino because of things like noise levels, pollution, etc.... The airlines made a fuss, but eventually (apart from Ryanair) they did so in good grace.

Girona has a strong appeal to the holidaymaker who wants 2 weeks on a Spanish beach or to visit a theme park. It is not a good airport for those who want to travel to the city of Barcelona.

en2r
10th Jan 2009, 18:35
I can think of other routes to try besides PRG-ORK which would lead to a competitor response and an inevitable fare war with the much larger and bigger-pocketed FR. Wizz is not a large airline, and needs to choose routes it can operate profitably, and fights that it can win without inflicting too much damage upon itself. W6 should instead be trying to take over as much of NE's prime routes and infrastructure as it possibly can
Wizzair have already launched Cork-Katowice, Gdansk, Warsaw and Poznan with absolutely no response from Ryanair. I don't see why it would be any different if they launched Cork-Prague.

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2009, 18:49
en2r - my bad. You may well have a point there !

toledoashley
10th Jan 2009, 20:18
A lot of scope from Prague with Wizz - I think they will make a better job of it than those who have tried recently. There is scope for Prestwick/Liverpool/Bournemouth/Doncaster/Barcelona/Malaga/Faro/Palma/Milan/Venice/Stockholm/Oslo.

What about another base in Brno?

wawkrk
10th Jan 2009, 21:45
Wizz pulled out of Krakow to Katowice and renamed it Krakow.

BHX man
11th Jan 2009, 07:06
Did Wizz ever operate out of Krakow Balice ? I flew on several of their very early flights days after they began ops and it was to Katowice with a bus to Krakow even in those days !

TBSC
11th Jan 2009, 07:20
Wizz never had any scheduled flights to/from KRK.

eu01
11th Jan 2009, 07:22
Did Wizz ever operate out of Krakow Balice?Just pondering the same. Living far from PL myself, but have been monitoring this market very closely. Never KRK, just KTW (okay, Katowice as Krakow) served by Wizz from the very beginning, wasn't it so?

eu01
11th Jan 2009, 07:29
Well, the above reply from Hungary confirms that too. Only recently Krakow has been trying to revise the price policy to lure more lcc's, but I don't think it could impress Wizz any more.

LGS6753
11th Jan 2009, 11:50
Wizz's very first flight was from Katowice to Luton, a service that has been constant. KTW is fairly close to KRK, and a connecting bus service has been offered linking KTW with Krakow for some time.

eu01
27th Jan 2009, 03:48
Wizz Air airline plans to employ more than 100 people this year to support the opening of a third company operations base in Romania and for new aircraft, according to Wizz Air Corporate Communications&Public Affairs Director, Natasa Kazmer.

W6 will double capacities in Romania and employ personnel to attend the passengers on new aircraft to be allocated to Romania. The company currently employs 80 people locally.
Wizz Air plans to employ pilots and flight attendants, as the current economic crisis provides the opportunity to attract well trained personnel from the market.

“The number of people looking for a job has increased, given the layoffs made by various companies. I think this is an advantage. On the other hand, we do not believe that a low salary level creates conditions for good long-term results,” Kazmer said.
Personnel turnover within the company is low, as employees appreciate Wizz Air’s stability and development plans, especially amid the current economic situation, she added.

The company plans to become market leader in Romania on the low-cost segment and is estimating it will carry 1.7 million passengers this year.

Seljuk22
27th Jan 2009, 07:41
They announced a base at Timisoara starting this February. After Bucharest and Cluj their third base in Romania.

The first new aircraft will be operated from Timisoara, the 10th base of Wizz Air which will be opened on 15 February 2009, an advance of one month in response to strong customer demand. The new routes from Timisoara will be to London, Dortmund, Rome, Milan, Venice, Barcelona, Paris and Valencia.
Wizz Air will expand operations in Bucharest by adding there the next delivered new A320 aircraft. It will be the third Wizz Air aircraft operating out of the Bucharest-Baneasa Airport. Besides the increased frequencies on existing services new routes from Bucharest to Madrid, Paris and Bologna will start on 1 March 2009.
Cluj-Napoca will receive its second A320 aircraft on 1 May 2009. The new capacity will be deployed for increasing frequencies on the current network and opening new routes from Cluj-Napoca to Paris, Madrid, Bologna and Venice.
Or something different right now?

eu01
27th Jan 2009, 16:00
something different right now?
No, I don't think so. Just some numbers were given by W2 to illustrate this as a moderate, but still courageous step ahead in difficult times.

Buster the Bear
19th Feb 2009, 12:57
PRAGUE, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Low-cost air carrier Wizz Air plans to double its fleet over the next two years as it seeks to raise its share of a declining European airline market, the firm's chief executive said on Thursday.

CEO Jozsef Varadi said that despite the expected industry downturn, Wizz Air aimed to raise the number of passengers to 8 million in 2009 from 5.8 million last year.

It intends to double its fleet to 42 planes by 2011 from the 21 Airbus A320s it has now.

Speaking at the launch of the Budapest-based firm's operations in Prague, Varadi said the low-cost segment would see great consolidation over the next few years.

"There are 50 low-cost carriers now. I think you are going to see five low-cost carriers 10 years from now," Varadi said.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) said earlier this month that global traffic in economy class -- which accounts for 90 percent of all seats -- fell by 5.3 percent year-on-year in December.

The main competitors Wizz Air faces in central and eastern Europe are SkyEurope, EasyJet (EZJ.L) and Ryanair (RYA.I).

Varadi said the privately-held company made a profit at operating level for the third consecutive year in 2008, but gave no details. (Reporting by Robert Mueller; editing by John Stonestreet)

BHX man
20th Feb 2009, 07:29
Does anyone know how the Wizz flights to / from the Ukriane from Luton are doing ?

kingston_toon
20th Feb 2009, 13:01
We flew L'viv - Luton on the 8th of Feb, and there were 80 on board. The four of us paid only 85p each (+ c/c charge) and had four rows to ourselves. The only advertising at L'viv airport was one A3 poster in the window of a building to the right of the main terminal saying that you could check-in for Wizz there.

Flight was on time, but the crew were unable to sell us anything on board due to not having regulatory permission to do so(?) and as such we were offered free tea, coffee, water and orange juice.

I'm doing Luton - Katowice - Kiev - Simferopol - Kiev - Oslo Torp next month so will report back any findings after that. I really think they need to advertise more in Ukraine though... we saw nothing anywhere in L'viv, but loads of posters all over London.

BHX man
20th Feb 2009, 16:17
Problem is that Ukrianians need to get visas to travel and this is difficult ! My wife is Ukrainian and its difficult for her to get one for her mother to come to see us !

dwlpl
12th Mar 2009, 14:25
Wizz Air to fly a new route to Prague from Liverpool.

The service will operate Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 11th July at lunch time.

pug
12th Mar 2009, 17:04
How long before they announce DSA to Prague? Would have thought it likely through a 'Peel Deal'?

N707ZS
12th Mar 2009, 19:38
BHX man,

I wish my mother-in-law was Ukrianian!

Why isn't DTVA counted in on the Peel deal?

BHX man
12th Mar 2009, 21:30
Maybe I can help !

gary4444
13th Mar 2009, 10:22
DTVA were in on the Wizz "Peel Deal" but the Warsaw route failed - use it or lose it.

idlejack
18th Jun 2009, 12:48
18/06/2009

Wizz Air orders 50 Airbus A320s

The low cost low fare carrier prepares for the future with a large A320 order
Wizz Air, the largest low cost - low fare airline in Central and Eastern Europe has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to buy 50 more A320s taking their total orders up to 132 aircraft. All Wizz Air aircraft will be configured in a comfortable single-class layout, seating 180 passengers. No choice of engine has been made yet.
The new A320 order will allow Wizz Air to reinforce and expand its extensive network established at eleven operating bases, in Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine and Czech Republic. It will also allow the airline to add new destinations to its 130 existing routes. This new large A320 order will enable Wizz Air reinforce its position as the leading airline in the region over the next decade.
Wizz Air already operates a young and eco-efficient Airbus fleet of 24 A320s.
“The new order is consistent with our growth plan and underpins our aspiration to become the airline of choice in Central and Eastern Europe. The aircraft economics of the Airbus A320 is instrumental for us to deliver the business at the lowest possible cost in order to make our low fares accessible to an ever increasing customer base. This new commitment also reflects on the robust nature of our business, even in a challenging market environment.” said József Váradi, Chief Executive Officer of Wizz Air.
"In only five years, Wizz Air supported by lead investor Indigo Partners has developed into a formidable success story, and we are delighted they did it with our Airbus aircraft. The A320 is undoubtedly the world’s favorite single-aisle aircraft, offering superb economics and high passenger appeal. It is also the most eco-efficient aircraft of it category” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer Customers. “This milestone order is yet another demonstration of the market superiority of the A320.”

andyafc
19th Jun 2009, 09:52
any news on wheres next on the wizz hitlist?

Kanoknuahaha
20th Jun 2009, 07:55
Copacabana!!:}

Kanoknuahaha
2nd Jul 2009, 11:23
Wizz Air, the largest low cost low fare airline in Central and Eastern Europe announced today that the Company would be entering Slovakia by operating flights between Bratislava and Rome 4 times a week initially, starting from 20 September 2009.
The Slovak customers will now benefit from Wizz Air’s offer of low fares coupled with a great customer experience onboard of its brand new Airbus A320 aircraft. Wizz Air also extends its lowest fare guarantee to the Slovak market to reinforce its commitment to offer the best value for money.
„Slovakia has always been on our horizon. We believe that now is the time to step up and benefit from the arising opportunities on the market. This is the first step, many more to follow.” – said John Stephenson, Executive Vice President of Wizz Air.

Wizz Air carried over 6,5 million passengers in the last 12 months. The airline's fleet is currently consisting of 25 Airbus A320 aircraft operating from 11 bases in Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.

pabely
2nd Jul 2009, 12:34
We believe that now is the time to step up and benefit from the arising opportunities on the market. This is the first step, many more to follow.

aka, if Sky Europe fails, we will jump on their routes......:oh:

stansdead
5th Jul 2009, 16:01
Sky Europe is like a frail old man. It's just getting more and more decrepid as time goes on.

Wizz will do well in new markets. Bring it on.

Seljuk22
9th Jul 2009, 13:01
3rd A320 based at GDN from 17th Dec

LTN goes up to double daily (up from 12 weekly) and PIK 4 weekly (up from 3 weekly)

WidebodyWillie
18th Jul 2009, 17:16
When recruitment reopens for the new deliveries, will Wizz be looking for type rated only?
:ok:

tigger2k8
18th Jul 2009, 19:57
any chance of Wizz making a return to BFS with new aircraft of the way, there is the market for the routes as EZY only serves the polish market 3x week and all flights are full (149 PAX inbound and outbound)

en2r
19th Jul 2009, 20:28
any chance of Wizz making a return to BFS with new aircraft of the way, there is the market for the routes as EZY only serves the polish market 3x week and all flights are full (149 PAX inbound and outbound) Yesterday 18:16
I'd doubt it. If the routes from Belfast to Warsaw and Katowice didn't work in the boom times when there were lots of Poles living in the North, I don't see why they'd work now, with a lot of Poles either gone home, or having moved south because of the weak Pound and the strong Euro. The routes would not have been withdrawn if they had been profitable!

Kanoknuahaha
6th Aug 2009, 08:02
04/08/2009

Wizz Air launches flights from Romania to Grenoble

Wizz Air the largest low fare - low cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe announced today that it would launch new routes from Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca to Grenoble in France. The flights to the new winter destination will be operated once a week between 12 December 2009 and 27 March 2010 as seasonal ski services.
Tickets are already on sale with one-way all-inclusive fares starting from as low as 52,49 EUR from Cluj and 62,49 EUR from Bucharest on wizzair.com and via call center by calling 0903 760 100.

kingston_toon
6th Aug 2009, 11:20
Also new: Gdansk to Bergen, twice weekly from December.

Buster the Bear
6th Aug 2009, 20:48
Wizz seem to be quietly carving up a huge niche in the European and 'close to' Europe market.

pee
7th Aug 2009, 08:24
Wizz seem to be quietly carving up a huge niche in the European and 'close to' Europe market.
I was very eager to fly with Wizz this summer and decided to travel some 300kmtrs by car to Turku to be able to try it out. And... you know what? It was a very positive experience. Well, WIZZ is certainly a follower of a "big brother" Ryanair. They do have a very similar business model, in many regards. Having probably as low cost base as FR have, serving the same or similar airports and targeting comparable passenger groups they've succeeded in creating a more sympathetic brand (pax-friendlier), so being on some occasions a counterpart and sometimes a rival of FR, they do have all chances to succeed in carving these niches in the future as well.

I wasn't myself if I didn't mention our Finnish "niche" market. You have some planes in Bulgaria, don't you? Try some connections to Finland therefrom. I'm not a special enthusiast of the Bulgarian beaches, but many young Finnish people really are. Give it a try (or take them anywhere towards the sun).

eu01
1st Sep 2009, 16:24
Almost every airline in the CE Europe is offering stranded SkyEurope passengers discounted flight tickets, Wizz Air is no exception. The demand is huge apparently, as Wizzair's website just... disappeared (a while ago). There is no reason to be distressed, though. Wizz uses the same software provider as Ryanair does and, as already proven with them, both Open Skies and New Skies obviously hate such an intense traffic.

Seljuk22
1st Sep 2009, 17:15
A third a/c will be based at PRG next June.
PRG-LTN daily (now 6 weekly) from 20th Sep.

Advert link removed

kubik
29th Sep 2009, 12:05
any news about tomorrow's meeting @ Wroclaw Airport? probably WizzAir is going to open new routes.

Tom the Tenor
29th Sep 2009, 12:40
Pee, top marks to you for always trying to promote your own airports in Finland and for trying to encourage Ryanair and Wizz to start some new routes.

I should now like to propose we all get together to do our best to encourage Ryanair or Wizz to do a Tampere - Cork, even if it was just on a summer seasonal basis doing two flights a week!

That would be something!

TBSC
29th Sep 2009, 19:48
@kubik
Probably )) You'll see it tomorrow.

TBSC
30th Sep 2009, 12:12
30 September
Wizz Air opens its 12th base in Wroclaw

6 new routes to Paris Beauvais, Oslo Torp, Eindhoven,
Forli Bologna, Cork and Milan Bergamo.
Re-opening flights to Dortmund and Doncaster Sheffield.
Increasing frequency on existing route to London Luton.

andyafc
2nd Oct 2009, 14:11
What are the odds that wizz open a new base at Belgrade sooner rather than later considering JAT's troubles recently or where else could there next base be? Not many places left in eastern europe without wizz

darren1
2nd Oct 2009, 18:23
Macedonia doesn't have a based airline anymore. What are visa restrictions for Serbs and Macedonians and can a foreign airline fly from say SKP to LTN/DTM/HAH?

Jippie
22nd Oct 2009, 14:36
According to Luchtvaartnieuws: dagelijks actueel luchtvaartnieuws (http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=32484) Wizzair will base an extra aircraft(from 3 to 4) at Warsaw.
Existing frequencies will grow and they will open new routes to Eindhoven and Barcelona according to the article.

Wizzair is growing really fast nowadays at Eindhoven.
In winter 06 they flew 3x weekly to Budapest.
But they started growing really fast after the travel tax was abolished this July.
This summer they flew to Budapest, Katowice and Prague.
Sofia will follow next week, Gdansk in december, Wroclaw and Warsaw in march!

Very big expansion on their side at Eindhoven and it will be interesting to see what is next.

Charlie Roy
22nd Oct 2009, 15:48
Wizzair will base an extra aircraft(from 3 to 4) at Warsaw.

This is surprising given Wizz Air's dispute with Warsaw airport over increased charges.

alm1
22nd Oct 2009, 16:11
Warsaw airport recently announced a new discount system for airport taxes. New routes can get discounts for up to 5 years.

eu01
22nd Oct 2009, 17:19
Interesting if Wizzair intend to be one the first airlines switching to the new low-cost airport in Modlin near Warsaw, launching before Christmas 2011.

skypilot320
31st Oct 2009, 11:40
Hi every one I'm A320 F/O job hunting,and I have Hungarian CPL,I did apply so many times with Wizz Air no reply!,any suggestions please?

Thanks http://www.luchtzak.be/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

eu01
4th Nov 2009, 18:48
According to Magyar Hírlap newspaper, Wizzair is to move its headquarters from Budapest to Switzerland, due to more favourable taxation conditions there. The "new old" company will be established in 2010.

Natasa Kázmér, Wizzair’s communication director, told the paper that tax optimization was the main reason behind the decision, because the airline’s profitability has already reached sufficiently high levels.

eu01
19th Nov 2009, 17:28
Wizz Air announced today that its negotiations with the management of Bratislava airport ended in fiasco. "We are disappointed that we were unable to reach agreement with Bratislava airport on commercial terms," said executive vice president of Wizz Air John Stephenson today. The new base will not be created there, moreover W6 will terminate its new route Rome - Bratislava from 11 January next year (directly competing with FR right now).

pee
1st Dec 2009, 12:50
WizzAir is coming to Baltic countries. First will be Riga with a few destinations, possibly a base (unconfirmed). The announcement in a couple of days.

Seljuk22
1st Dec 2009, 12:59
Wow! Wizz growing very strong:

Gdansk from 2 to 3 a/c (17th Dec); additional a/c at Warsaw (3> 4), Prague (2>3) and a new base at Wroclaw (1 a/c) from March.
Sofia getting a third a/c in May and Cluj a third a/c from June.

What about Belgrade and the new open-skies agreement between Serbia and the EU in 2010?