PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Flights

Strictly Jungly
13th Jan 2006, 08:12
Myself and my better half will be SLF (Down the back) on a Friday night flight to Dubai next month and I was wondering if Emirates still provide the high level of service I experienced 6 years ago (was it really that long?).
I have read various airline reviews and the latest feedback seems mixed at best. To be honest, if I had believed reviews on NW and Continental I would never have flown with them (Both proved to be most satisfactory).

Having been to Dubai several times with my company, and used Emirates in the past, can someone confirm that they still deliver he goods????

Any ex-RN aircrew at Emirates?? Please PM me.

Regards,

SJ

CanadaKid
15th Jan 2006, 16:36
Travelled from JFK to Dubai last August in economy and was very impressed with their service. The flight was very full, but the flight attendants did a great job. Good entertainment system on the A340-500!

180backtrack
15th Jan 2006, 21:23
I flew LHR-DXB-LHR with EK in economy in June last year. This was my first time flying with this airline. On the positive side, the food was good, cabin staff pleasant and efficient and I liked the live cameras that give you a continuous view ahead and downwards. Seat pitch was average. My only gripe was the elbow room in the 777. I hear they reconfigued the seating a year or so ago with an extra seat across. This makes elbow room is tight on a full flight, especially at meal times. Overall I thought they were OK and would fly with them again. Have a good trip.

jollyikarus
16th Jan 2006, 12:50
Still a good airline, but I regret having to say that EMIRATES is no longer as great as it was 3, 4, 5, 6 years ago. Their rapid expansion has left marks all over and atmosphere, meals and service on board are no longer what they used to be.
If your final destination is anywhere closer to Abu Dhabi, give ETIHAD a try. I had a few remarkably good flights with them during the past 12 months to and from Abu Dhabi in Y and C.
OK, they still appear to have some teething problems though, but still......nice company to fly with and a lot better that what I experienced on those routes with AF, BA, KL, LH and Swiss!

Enjoy your trip to the UAE....and don't be surprised at all the changes which have taken place since you were there last!

Cheers,

JI