View Full Version : CAA vs JAR

mrfish
12th Sep 2000, 23:53
I understand that to avoid JAR FCL, for you CPL(H), you need a partial pass before mid-2001.

What about ATPL(H)? Has the time limit for CAA accreditation passed...Do I have to go down the JAR road?

Thanks

bladeslap
13th Sep 2000, 00:47
Ah Mr Fish do you refer to the ATPL(H) under JAR - separate examinations required there! - or rather to the CAA ATPL(H) which requires essentially a CPL(H) (i.e. The CPl(H) Nav & Tech Groups) plus 1200 hours TT?

If the latter then the CAA laid down deadlines for completion of the Nav & Tech groups prior to the JAR implementation date.

If the former the CAA have introduced a 'hybrid' formula leading to a 'Restricted' (to UK Reg'd a/c) JAR CPL(H) which can then at a later date be upgraded to a JAR ATPL(H) (more exams!). The rest JAR CPL(H) makes use of the CAA Nav & Tech exam set but DOES NOT lead to the issue of a UK (CAA) licence.

The issue is complex and it looks as though you require assistance.....proper, prior planning and all that........

As suggested in my post to Cadfael (JAR Licences thread) you might try BHAB or else http://www.plh.co.uk as they seem to know what gives on the subject!

mrfish
13th Sep 2000, 03:38
Thanks, you answered it...one word, Bugger!
Looks as tho' I shall have to do the lots.

I have an ICAO ATPL(H) and 4000 hrs....seemingly that means squat under JAA.