PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales - Big Expansion

Jamesair
12th Jan 2006, 15:47
AIR WALES have announced new routes from Cardiff to Belfast City 2 x daily M - F......Brussels 2 x daily M - F .....Paris(Beauvais) 1 M - F plus Su......Rennes 5 flight per week.

Jersey - Rennes Saturdays
Manchester - Rennes 4 wkly
Waterford - Rennes 2 wkly

WOWBOY
12th Jan 2006, 16:32
Announcement Finally came!

The also have a new Air Wales Travel website.

JaffaCake
12th Jan 2006, 16:53
Woohoo etc...

Any idea when these routes are due to start?

WOWBOY
12th Jan 2006, 17:00
CWL-BRU starts 20th Febuary
All the others start 27th March (my b-day lol)

GROUNDHOG
12th Jan 2006, 17:26
Well I just asked the travel website to find me a flight from Cardiff to Brussels in April and it sent me KLM via Amsterdam.....:hmm:

EGAC_Ramper
12th Jan 2006, 18:21
Well lets hope they do a tad more advertising of the Belfast City - Cardiff route than they did before and make more of it this time round.

Regards:ok:

WOWBOY
12th Jan 2006, 22:15
Air Wales have updated their routemap. It is really confusing as it shoes EXT-CWL instead of PLH-CWL and Swansea is located on the map.

Why is Swansea on thier?
They need to make it interactive or something as it is very confusing and difficult to read:D

hotelmodemetar
19th Jan 2006, 12:27
Can anybody tell me what is the logic about opening a route (From Cardiff) to Paris CDG and the same one to Paris Beauvais ??? :confused:

Are they looking for more ATRs in their fleet?? what about the 72 ??

the latest member
19th Jan 2006, 12:59
Can anybody tell me what is the logic about opening a route (From Cardiff) to Paris CDG and the same one to Paris Beauvais ??? :confused:
Are they looking for more ATRs in their fleet?? what about the 72 ??

Beauvais is near EuroDisney and they are offering package deals to include accomodation.

CDG is operated on a codeshare with BMibaby I believe.

72's???? watch this space....

Stone Cold II
19th Jan 2006, 14:33
Don't hold your breath on 72's or any more aircraft joining the fleet, the news of the expansion is great but could end in disaster if they don't get the reliability sorted out!!! Look at the flights today every Air Wales flight is delayed by several hours and this has been common for some time now.

There is no point in expansion if you cannot provide a reliable service with the routes you have now and you only need 3 some days 4 aircraft to run this route network and even with the spare aircraft it's still always delayed.

Mr chairman please provide the boyo's and girls the resources to make it run like clockwork because if you don't I can see all these new routes which will require 5 aircraft to make it work having some very long delays unless the reliability improves.

flower
19th Jan 2006, 16:03
Stone Cold, you should know better. Delays today were caused for numerous reasons such as weather and ATC issues. Although there could have been some problems caused by Air Wales don't assume they were all caused by them :suspect:

No_Speed_Restriction
19th Jan 2006, 16:54
Unfortunately flower, its people like Stone Cold and myself who have been part of 6g at one time or another know that trying to flog a dead horse is still a waste of time. Restructuring is where its at!

Stone Cold II
19th Jan 2006, 17:01
Sorry Flower but if it's ATC why is it only every 6G flight delayed today at Cardiff apart from the evening NCL? Yes weather can play a part and it is a problem in the winter at PLH especially but that's only 1 aircraft that's affected and although the weather was a bit foggy at the crack of dawn at Cardiff it was within limits according to the METAR. Yes sometimes things are outside 6G control like scheduled Aircraft Maintance which has to be carried out, ATC slots and weather but when a aircraft has a tech problem and they never have the spare part in stock to fix it, it can be a long delay while they wait for the part to be delivered and can have a knock on effect for a few days.

If they are going to use all 5 aircraft to the max they need to have a stock of spare parts of all the tiny little things that can cause a tech problem so they can be fixed quickly. This is not a problem that any of the staff in Air Wales cause, they know what they are doing the problem for them is to try and convince the chairman to let them get on with their jobs and run it the way it is supposed to be, but it's his train set and he will run the way he likes, he decides not to carry spare parts then so be it, but it causes bigger delays than it needs to be, you know as well as I do he won't listen to anyone who knows how the aviation business works that's why he keeps changing the timetable around, I just wish he would listen to the people who know what they are doing because if he did from the start I am sure Air Wales would be a bigger company than it is now.

And that's the bottom line coz Stone Cold said so :ok:

Stone Cold II
19th Jan 2006, 17:06
Ah Mr NSR how are you enjoying the Boeing? :)

JDB1052
19th Jan 2006, 17:06
Check your maps guys, Eurodisney is a fair hike from Beauvais - CDG is far more convenient and even has a direct coach link.
btw has anyone else noticed that the "Air Wales Travel" site linked from the Air Wales website does not actually offer bookings on Air Wales (or I have failed to find them). If you click on the "flights" tab and input Cardiff to Newcastle, no options are offered and if you try Cardiff to Aberdeen or Dublin, options via Amsterdam are offered. Best of all is Newcastle to Aberdeen, where the site only offers Eastern Airlines. It looks like the booking service the site uses does not include Air Wales flights. Strange.

hotelmodemetar
19th Jan 2006, 18:50
Yes indeed, From CDG you have a special coach and also a Train which brings you right to Mickey !! ;)
Beauvais is far from everything, the only thing you can do is take a Ryanair flight from there and go away ! :p

flower
19th Jan 2006, 19:46
There were delays caused by some ATC issues this am, I know I was working. The first Air Wales flight had to hold until weather improved so that has a knock on delay.
I am not saying that other issues are not also involved here they probably were, but as we all know sometimes the whole story isn't always available to those not working.
And please do not believe all the tall stories that some people like to spread about doom and gloom at Cardiff and Air Wales, some who claim to be experts really just like the sound of their own voice ( please note that not aimed at all at those who posted above me on this thread)

Stone Cold II
19th Jan 2006, 20:06
I still love ya flower:) (and I hate the sound of my voice) I do know 6G has 3 aircraft tech today waiting for parts.
But you have to admit the delays have been bad of late.

flower
19th Jan 2006, 20:15
Love ya back Stone Cold :ooh:

No_Speed_Restriction
19th Jan 2006, 20:46
when is the wedding you two?

Stone cold, the course is doing well. CBT sure is better than the ATR one we had to endure. should be finished by 3rd week of Feb. Bosses cant guarantee work past October so guess I'll be sending CV out soon. Nevermind, its only money!

Richard Taylor
20th Jan 2006, 09:18
In my local paper, I assume accurate!

AWW reducing the ABZ leg of CWL-NCL-ABZ to thrice weekly (reduction from 11 to 6 weekly flights). Mon, Wed, Fri only.

Can't say I'm surprised.