PDA

View Full Version : help a maybe wannabe heliflyer!

simfly
29th Jun 2001, 02:47
Thinking about trying for sponsorship with certain helicopter companies (the obvious ones) who operate out of Aberdeen. I know there are many negative points at the moment, so I don't need to know them, but does anyone out there have any positive reasons as to why I should persue this. Having been connected to the helicopter side for years now, I am attracted to flying helicopters, especially if someone may pay me through the training. After that, who knows. Any SERIOUS pieces of advice would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
[email protected]

The ground won't hurt you, if you hit it hard enough!

Vfrpilotpb
29th Jun 2001, 10:00
Simfly,
Do you already have a licence?

simfly
30th Jun 2001, 02:32
Just got my JAA PPL(A).

AllyPally
30th Jun 2001, 02:45
Well I guess there aren't any positives. I tried but couldn't think of any at the moment.

Vfrpilotpb
2nd Jul 2001, 13:11
Simfly,
Sorry for the delay (I never use the net at weekends) I hate to be negative but in these days of penny pinching accountants running firms( get the idea) I dont think you will get total sponsership, you will have to spend some (maybe quite a lot) of your own dosh to get somewhere near to being offered a Heli pilots job, and if you are lucky in doing that then the company will want to bond you to them for quiet a few years, but If You Have a DREAM, Never let go!!
My Regards

Devil 49
2nd Jul 2001, 16:18
Can't speak to the sponsorship and contractual obligation issue.
As far as flying helos- Been doing it off and on (mostly on) since 1968. Vocation and avocation identical- every flight is a joy and a task. This can be a very rich life.

Copter Cody
4th Jul 2001, 09:57
I would like to get a sponsership but where would i find one?

Cody