PDA

View Full Version : Helo Ops in Juneau (Alaska)

Pac Rotors
28th Jun 2001, 17:40
Just thought I would give the forum a heads up on the large number of helos here in Juneau. ERA, Temsco, Coastal and North Star Trekking running a combined fleet of nearly 40 machines, most all are AS-350s on sightseeing and glacier trekking.

Have been here a few days and its an impressive set up. Temsco send off their flights as two sets of three or one of six aircraft. Really impressive to watch. Just some useless info for everyone.

Copter Cody
4th Jul 2001, 00:58
Pac Rotor,

Im really interested in fly in Alaska some day and was wondering what is your advice on the cheapest and best training for helos with out having to join the mil. Do you have any suggestions? Or does such a program exist

Cody
PS I just subsribed to you magazine.....Awesome you guys have done an excellent job :)

------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Copter Cody (edited 06 July 2001).]

Arm out the window
4th Jul 2001, 06:19
What are you up to there Pac Rotors?
Must be very interesting; a part of the world I haven't seen but would like to.

Pac Rotors
5th Jul 2001, 00:38
Spent some time with the various operators there and had a great time. Its an amazing place and I plan on going back again. I have seen a lot of helo ops around the globe but flying there on a fine day has to be the best place in the world.

Been out logging today here in BC and that was also amazing.

heedm
5th Jul 2001, 02:15
PacRotors, if you're on Vancouver island drop me an email, [email protected]. I could take you to 442 Squadron to see the Labrador (H46). Sorry, no EH101 yet.

Matthew.

Pac Rotors
6th Jul 2001, 07:24
Matthew

Was supposed to get across to Comox Lake today and do some shots of the KA-32 logging but couldnt get everything done that I needed so have to leave it until next visit. I plan on spending a whole week on the Island next time.

Pac Rotors.

heedm
7th Jul 2001, 00:21
Pac Rotors,

Give me a call next time. Just got the complimentary copy of your mag...very nice, thanks.

Matthew.

Pac Rotors
7th Jul 2001, 05:37
Will do, should be back up this way sooner rather than later as have got a number of operators that I want to visit. Caught up with a few operators today and plan on spending a couple of weeks on the island next time.

Pac Rotors.

P.S. Glad you enjoyed the mag.