PDA

View Full Version : Four more Airbus A-319 for MX

m_v_s_86
11th Jan 2006, 23:51
Hello everybody.
If you look at MX's hangar at Mexico City's Airport, you will notice four ex Independence Air Airbus A-319 on the ramp. The rumors say that tese ex- Idependence Air Airbuses will now fly with Mexicana soon. Those are good news for MX, which now is a private airline. Maybe things are starting to change in this airline. This will boost MX's fleet of A-319 to 19 aircaft and the total Airbus fleet to 58.

Stereolab
12th Jan 2006, 02:04
Hello everybody.
If you look at MX's hangar at Mexico City's Airport, you will notice four ex Independence Air Airbus A-319 on the ramp. The rumors say that tese ex- Idependence Air Airbuses will now fly with Mexicana soon. Those are good news for MX, which now is a private airline. Maybe things are starting to change in this airline. This will boost MX's fleet of A-319 to 19 aircaft and the total Airbus fleet to 58.

Yippee. Glad your in such good spirits about getting our Airbuses in the fire sale. All the 2800
ex-employees of Independence will be thinking about Mexicana's good fortune in the unemployement line.

Stereolab
Independence F/O furloughed in 2005

By the way...I heard you guys were only doing the "C" checks...heard the Buses were going to Asia...

Captain Stable
12th Jan 2006, 11:46
Sorry to hear your woes, Stereo. :sad: I sincerely hope you and your colleagues manage to find something else soon.

It happens. m-v-s's post does, however, illustrate that it is an ill wind that blows nobody any good. I have had the bad luck to have been laid off a couple of times in the past, and am still waiting to find myself the beneficiary of someone else's bad luck instead.

I wish you better luck for the future.:ok:

Squawk7777
14th Jan 2006, 00:16
IAD is indeed a sad sight with all the CRJ's parked. I'd be careful about being too enthusiastic about MXA or AM. LCCs are spreading in Mexico like crazy. MXA and AM had a little break when TAESA went out of business IMHO. ASPA be wise!

Stereolab
14th Jan 2006, 21:21
Captain Stable, Squawk7777,

Thanks for the kind words...I don't have "beef" with Mexicana getting the 319's (if they are....I still heard an Asian airline has em'...maybe I'm wrong). With how unstable the airline market is in ALL THE AMERICAS...we need to stick together as pilots.

Tailwinds

Stereo