PDA

View Full Version : Sinala1-the-Pom-wannabie thread drift

sinala1
10th Jan 2006, 18:32
This thread is taken from the NRT-KLM thread which started drifting badly, so has been moved by the fabulous CC Mods and renamed in my Honour :O

I am off to NRT towards the end of this month (my last LH trip - my exchange programme is up and I am due to return to SH in Australia early Feb :{ :{ :{ ) - but there is definately time for one last Truck Party!!!!! If I see any KLM crew will be sure to tell them what a good rep they have...

Possibly may see Flaps/FlyBlue there?? :ok:

dupont3700
10th Jan 2006, 18:44
I have never met any KLM crew in the truck, AF on the other hand were there from time to time. You will surely bump into JL,NH,UA,AA,NW,OS,AF, LX,VS,BA,QF crew.

flyblue
10th Jan 2006, 20:24
That would have been with pleasure sinala1!
Unfortunately I don't go to NRT much! It's a very popular destination within AF (the per diem are very interesting), so it is very requested by my collegues. But since I don't particularly care to request it, I seldom get rostered there. It's not that I don't like it, but I prefer to save my bidding points for layovers that I really like (SFO to name one ;) )

Cripple 7
11th Jan 2006, 01:18
petitefromage:

Our back end crew are not bad either but of course, most of them could never be as much fun as the European girls.

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 09:06
You will surely bump into JL,NH,UA,AA,NW,OS,AF, LX,VS,BA,QF crew.
I have bumped into Air Canada, QF, JAL, FedEx, American, BA, KLM, Lufthansa and many many more - one of the certainties every time you go to the truck will be the Lufthansa crew singing "99 Luftaballons"... I always try to sing along but its extremely difficult! You will usually see me giving a terrible rendition of "Radio Ga Ga" or similar :E :sad:

Flyblue it would have been my pleasure - although I do have an SFO in about 10 days time so you never know! :ok:

BiscuitChucker I have been on an exchange programme from Virgin Blue in oz - I have been flying with Virgin Atlantic for the past year - its been a life changing experience and I am absolutely distraught about having to leave the UK but alas the UK Home Office are being particularly unhelpful in my quest to be able to stay...

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 14:23
I am absolutely distraught about having to leave the UK but alas the UK Home Office are being particularly unhelpful in my quest to be able to stay...

Will you marry/civil partnership me? :E

cheers ;)
FF

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 14:47
Will you marry/civil partnership me? :E
cheers ;)
FF

Hmmmmmm

:E

It actually looks like its getting to that stage! :{ (Unless of course I meet the person of my dreams, then it would be :D )

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 14:55
FlyBlue & FlapsForty could be our maids of honour :eek:

concorde001
11th Jan 2006, 15:05
Hey Sinala,

just wanted to know how you found your overall experience with VS! What did you enjoy and what routes did you like / dislike? Do you think it will be hard going back to shorthaul in Australia?
Also, how did you find Britain? Are you going to miss it loads (including the weather!!!)?

I was going to suggest, are any of your parents / grandparents British or European in origin? If they are, you may be entitled to British citizenship or citizenship of any of the EU countries your parents/grandparents originate from. Then you can work legally in the UK.

flyblue
11th Jan 2006, 16:12
With pleasure!:)

...Which one is the bride? :E ;)

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 16:31
...Which one is the bride? :E ;)

Who knows! I sure as hell don't :oh:

cheers ;)
FF

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 17:15
With pleasure!

...Which one is the bride?
erm well I can tell you now I would look terrible in a dress! :p

just wanted to know how you found your overall experience with VS! What did you enjoy and what routes did you like / dislike? Do you think it will be hard going back to shorthaul in Australia?
Also, how did you find Britain? Are you going to miss it loads (including the weather!!!)?

I was going to suggest, are any of your parents / grandparents British or European in origin? If they are, you may be entitled to British citizenship or citizenship of any of the EU countries your parents/grandparents originate from. Then you can work legally in the UK.

First and foremost, I am detecting a bad case of thread drift here so am happy to move this to a new thread if required!

The most appropriate two words that I can think of to describe the experience as a whole - Life Changing! There is so much, so many experiences, so many people, so many places, such a diverse range of cultures, so many personal lessons and so many happy times that I have had/been/interacted with over the past year that have had such a positive impact on my life.

The flying itself has been amazing - the aircraft are great (The Boeing 747-400 has such nostalgia.... the A340-300 aka the BabyBus is kinda small and cute, and the A340-600 is just devine - such a modern aircraft to fly on!), the route structures are unbelievable, the crew rest is great ( := ), the long layovers are fantastic! I have a 3 night stop over in Vegas this weekend which I am quite looking forward to...

As far as ancestry goes, alas I totally lack any form of ancestry to the UK or Europe (except obviously our forefathers many generations ago) so that unfortunately is not an option for me, but thanks so much for the thought anyway!

concorde001
11th Jan 2006, 17:18
It's great to hear you've had a fantastic time! I bet you can't wait get back to Oz and the fantastic weather - you sure you won't miss the British weather?!

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 17:37
erm well I can tell you now I would look terrible in a dress! :p

Umm well all I can say is I look great in a kilt :ok:

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 17:55
It's great to hear you've had a fantastic time! I bet you can't wait get back to Oz and the fantastic weather - you sure you won't miss the British weather?!
Oh god no - I love the English weather!!! I am a terrible Australian - I suffer badly in the heat - and have adapted to the cold very well... I never thought I would consider temperatures like 4 or 5 degrees celsius fairly warm! When it snowed not long after I arrived here last year I was like a little kid in a candy store, it was hilarious!

Umm well all I can say is I look great in a kilt
Oh my god I love Scottish people!!!! :oh: I met a Great Scot (no pun intended, of course :O ) in Hong Kong on an overnight - but erm Hotel Lobby rules shall be applied to that story :E

flapsforty
11th Jan 2006, 18:37
Sinala1, similar to a Great Dane? :confused: ;)

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 20:18
I'm not a Great Scot - I'm a fabulous Scot :ooh:

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 21:19
Sinala1, similar to a Great Dane? :confused: ;)
I would imagine they are quite similar! ;) I met some KLM crew in the crew line for immigration at SFO (which seems to NEVER end) and I can tell you some of them were *definate* "Great Dane's"!! :E

(provided, of course, I have my geography/nationalities correct :O - which, the more I think about it, I think I am wrong?? :confused: )

Umm well all I can say is I look great in a kilt

Is that a standard part of your uniform issue? :E

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 21:23
An oft-forgotten saying comes to mind "It's not the cut of the cloth that matters but what it's covering" :p

You should see my sporran :E

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 21:34
An oft-forgotten saying comes to mind "It's not the cut of the cloth that matters but what it's covering" :p
You should see my sporran :E
A quick google search on my behalf has revealed a Sporran to be the thing that Scots wear over the front of their kilts, and thats exactly where I shall leave that particular conversation! This is, after all, a G-Rated website :} The rest shall be left to your imaginations... :E

It truly is sad though that I am unable to stay - as much as I love Virgin Blue and Australia, now is just not the time for me to return... so I am going to live it up as much as I can before then! :ok:

FormerFlyer
11th Jan 2006, 21:42
Seeing how the civil partnership thingy is off (sorry Flaps & FlyBlue - it wasn't going to last :{ ) when's the leaving do :E

Gotta send you off in style :ok:

cheers ;)
FF

sinala1
11th Jan 2006, 21:46
Seeing how the civil partnership thingy is off

So thats it? It ends there? But... but... but......... is it me? Is it something I did? :{

SkySista
12th Jan 2006, 11:20
A340-300 aka the BabyBus is kinda small and cute, and the A340-600

Come work on a Dash 8 and then tell me that!!! :E :E

You better have some good aircraft photos to show for this trip!!! ;) :p :)

Seriously though, what we all want to know.....

The million dollar question....

The 'scoop', so to speak....

Do you sound like a Pom now??? :E :E :E :p ;) :cool:

sinala1
12th Jan 2006, 12:22
Seriously though, what we all want to know.....
The million dollar question....
The 'scoop', so to speak....
Do you sound like a Pom now??? :E :E :E :p ;) :cool:
:{

Apparently, yes I do! On my last trip the J Cabin supervisor and I were chatting, she damn near fell off her chair when she found out I was Australian - she 100% thought I was English! I myself think I have a hybrid aussie/pom accent, although all my aussie friends were winding me up last time I was in Brisbane - "Oh, Daddy, Buy me another pony won't you" etc

At least I sound like I have a bit of class now! :oh: :ouch:

Kidding :E

SkySista
12th Jan 2006, 12:30
At least I sound like I have a bit of class now!

Kidding

Sure about that??/ :E :p ;)

Seriously though, think I need a stint in Pommie-land, I got told by a pax the other day that I sound like I come from a farm!!! :o

flyblue
12th Jan 2006, 14:06
FormerFlyer
I'm a fabulous Scot

wanna join the "Fabulous" Club then? :E

FormerFlyer
12th Jan 2006, 20:33
But... but... but......... is it me?

Oh no, it's me. You see there's something I haven't told you.

It's umm, well, like this.........I don't fly any more :oh: I know this may have come as a shock :eek: But I kinda thought my name was a clue :E

I know, I feel like a fraud being on this forum and all that :(

I think I may need some time on my own now. I'm sorry.

FF

sinala1
13th Jan 2006, 22:53
FormerFlyer

So Flyblue do you care to elaborate on the membership rules and requirements of this particular club???

FormerFlyer
15th Jan 2006, 21:14
FormerFlyer

Do I get a priority pass to Platinum level :confused:

I think I should ;)

cheers ;)
FF

sinala1
18th Jan 2006, 23:13
Having just passed through SFO immigration behind a KLM crew, I can once again confirm they certainly are "Fabulous"