PDA

View Full Version : Any real chance for "older" applicant for EY?

susanna
11th Jan 2006, 17:18
I have been called for an interview with Ethiad. I will have to fly there (LHR) -at full fare- the night before and pay for hotel accommodation...quite an expensive "day out"!!
I was wondering if anybody knows of new recruits at EY that are over 30...35 to be precise!! (I must say that I am pretty fit -medically, that is!- and look much younger...)
I know that EY would know my age as it's stated on the online application form but I was told -somebody working for EK- that airlines like EK or EY like to recruit people under 30 and that due to discrimination laws in UK they cannot have an upper age limit on their recruitments sites....I would not want to have been selected so that they are seen to "do the right thing" but they already know that I do not stand a chance....
Apart from the expenses there is also the rejection factor that I would rather avoid if it looks pretty much impossible for someone of my age to get through the selection.

jollyikarus
11th Jan 2006, 23:01
Susanna,

why don't you give them a call before forking out the money for that trip and put your questions raised here to them straight?
As far as I know, they had several interviewing sessions/ 'Open Days' in London last year and you could have attended one of those.

Cheers,

JI

susanna
12th Jan 2006, 12:23
Thanks Jollyikarus,

the thing is that they have invited me for an interview (the age is on the application form) so it's unlikely that they will tell me I am "too old"...
Maybe I am too cinical,but, if they wanted to cover their back against possible complaints of discrimination, this way they can always say that they have interviewed older applicant but they were not suitable for the position...

It would be good to know if anybody over 30 out there got a job with EK or EY...

Susanna

gastounet
12th Jan 2006, 12:42
Suzanna,
check your PM.