PDA

View Full Version : Spanish CAA Fees

lilpilot
11th Jan 2006, 06:35
Hola,

...and that's where my spanish language skills end.
I'm working on a comparison chart for JAA CAA fees, there seems to be no single resource and english info is limited to the UK and that needs to be "tanslated" sometimes too.
So, if you can help I would be interested in fees for:
ATPL theory exams/CPL skill test/IR skill test/Multi engine add on/telephony license if needed/ducument fees/medical

Best Regards,
lilpilot

theprizefighter
20th Jan 2006, 17:46
they are 66euro 22cent each just paid mine hope this helps

cya

the lord
23rd Jan 2006, 23:54
Hola amigo!!!
I will inform you about the fees as much that I know.:)
*The fees for ATPL exams are 66,37euros per exam, so if the ATPL theory has 14 exams, this way that 14x66.37=929.18 euros. This is the total that you have to pay when you are going to present to make the exams. If I am not confused the first tme that you present to the ATPL exams you have to pay all, because Civil Aviation force you to present to the 14 exams.
*CPL skill fees are 265,43euros per proof, normaly depends the schools in this price you have 2 exams.
*Multi Engine(ME)+IFR skill test is incluided in the same price: 331,78euros per proof, the same case that above(CPL)
*The radiotelephony fees I don´t know, because when I study the career of pilot is incluiding in the price of pilot, so I´m not sure if you have to pay extra money when you make it.
*Documents: to expire the license cost 39,82euros . Normally when you go to expire a license you have to present all the documents that tell that you past all the exams, normally that make it the schools, but it is more quickly if you make it this process by yourself.
*Medical Certificate:the medical certificate class I initial cost 330euros if I don´t confuse, but it can be possible more,like more 400euros.:confused: Later when you have to renovate it is more economical.
I suppose that I help in your questions:p but if you have more questions,answer and if I know it I will answer.:ok:
Good luck:D

Tiennetti
25th Jan 2006, 18:37
No son 66x14 asiñaturas porqué algunas están en n mismo grupo

021/022
031/032/033
061/062
091/092

En total es 66x9

Para el CPL son 180€ para el examinador y la horita y media para la escuela

lilpilot
10th Feb 2006, 05:42
Thanks so much, this certainly helps.

I have discovered that in order to convert FAA licenses to JAA one needs to do the theory exams in the same country where one takes the skill test for the initial license, hence it becomes the "issuing country".
(so probably the theory class must be taken with an FTO in the same country as well, I'm not sure about that yet, maybe they can acccept online or residential classes taken with an out of country FTO)

This is why I'm doing research ahead to estimate the total cost, because it seems the entire conversion can get really out of hand.

Too bad the JAA led by mostly the UK CAA had become so protectionist while at the same time some british schools' are using the US opportunities to their great advantage.

Thanks again for your help and congratulations to all who have recently passed their exams. I'll most likely end up in Spain, it seems to be the most "student" friendly JAA country and sooner or later I'll have more questions.

Thanks,
lilpilot

170'
23rd Mar 2006, 10:56
Check your PM's ...LP