PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Housing

Boeing 787
11th Jan 2006, 06:02
Hello

I shall be joining Qatar Airways in a few weeks time and would like to enquire about the status of the accommodation. Are they still giving out villas to new joiners? There was a thread a while back but with new operating system here on Pprune I can't access the posts.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback on the above such as where these villas are situated, if you are put in them on arrival in Doha, and whether they are of good standard.

Thanks to all for any help.

loc22550
11th Jan 2006, 10:34
i think so.Villa if you come with your family, flat if you are alone.
I saw the flat, nice ones...donīt known about villas.
But if they give you the choice, i would suggest you to take the one from the company.
You guys(new joiners) are very lucky.
We (pilots who have been here for years..)still have to struggle with our Skinny house allowance that doesnīt reflect AT ALL the reality of the price here in Doha....!!(total anarchy regarding the increase of rent,as everything here..,nobody respect any rules.).
cheers.

Jsap
11th Jan 2006, 11:09
B787 are you a direct entry or you went through their Second Officer Scheme?

thnks
Jsap :suspect:

slugmaster
11th Jan 2006, 11:30
Where are the flats located? How far to/from work by car? Are they furnished and how well? Western style?

Boeing 787
11th Jan 2006, 14:20
Hi there and thanks for your replies.

I am direct entry.

Regards to all.

Homo Ludens
11th Jan 2006, 15:11
The villas were just for the DECs. In the middle of nowhere, huge rooms, tipical "gulf" furniture. Not shure if there are any still available.

Appartments: mutch nicer, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, same furniture like the villas. :(

Depends on what you really need and looking for - it is still possible to find a fully furnished 2-bedroom appartment for as low as QR4500. Allowance - QR7400 approx.

But you'll have to be really lucky!

Nice flights to all!

loc22550
11th Jan 2006, 15:39
4500 QR for a 2 bed room furnished appartment today in doha...??
Lucky i donīt known...,but not demanding for sure!
Personnaly my allowance +furniture is 6200 QR....

Crusty Ol Cap'n
11th Jan 2006, 17:23
QR4500 for 2 beds!!! What rathole are you living in? I am in a semi reasonable 2 bed apartment currently paying 6000 but going up next month to 9000! Utter rip off. Beginning to think that paying tax in Europe is a better proposition than working in Doha. :\

loc22550
12th Jan 2006, 02:53
Waste of huge amount of money in renting,no pension plan.....
Not convince any more that itīs still interesting to work in this area..for sure!