PDA

View Full Version : E-mailed Applications For CX

nice-salad
11th Jan 2006, 02:34
Just wondering if anyone here has emailed their applicationfor CX, if so how long did it take to hear back or what is the next step from here.
Thanks

natops
11th Jan 2006, 09:00
i emailed my aplication and was invited one year later for the first interview.

I was called 2 months in advance, and did the second 2 months later.
good luck!

D.

ataboy
11th Jan 2006, 12:35
Hi:
I emailed my application a got a reply (that they received it) in 2 days.
Still waiting for a call for the interview.

nice-salad
12th Jan 2006, 00:48
Thanks folks!
Got an email saying that they received the application. I guess now I just wait.
Was also hoping someone knows where a person could find the pay rates for DEFO on the cargo fleet based in either Canada or Australia? I can work legally in either country. I have looked everywhere I can think of but only found the rates for US and apparently changing the currancy still doesn't give the right amount. From what I understand CX uses their own formulas for the pay scales in different countries. Any info would be appreciated.

usualsuspect
12th Jan 2006, 17:15
can you point me in the direction of the US rates you found?

thanks-

nice-salad
12th Jan 2006, 20:13
I found the rates at www.airlinepilotcentral.com (http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com)
Went into airlines, then international then into Cathay and they were posted at the bottom of the page. I remember somewhere in pprune someone was asking if the same rates were correct and someone did confirm them as being so (where exactly that is I am not sure) but I do know that I read it.
If you are interested I have the exact rates for the SO in Hong Kong and all of the allownces given as well. Housing, schooling, medical. Remember that the allownces are only given if you live in Hong Kong. If you live in another country there are no housing or schooling allownces paid.
The figures I have are from 04 but I think that they are still the same even though from what I read housing has doubled if not tripled in the last two years in HK.
Hope it helps!

usualsuspect
12th Jan 2006, 23:39
thanks nice-salad. I'm just having a total brain fart and cant see the link at the bottom of that web page for those rates. But to tell you the truth, I would be even more interested in the s/o rates you have as well! thanks-

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 04:41
According to Cathay in June of 2004, the Second Officers wages and some benefits were:

BASIC SALARY
Second Officer 1st year HK386,556 per annum
Junior First Officer 1st year HK593,052 per annum

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 04:43
ANNUAL BONUS
A discretionary bonus equivalent to one month’s salary is normally paid to all Officers with 12 months qualifying service as at 31st December in the relevant year. For any period of employment less than one year, the discretionary annual bonus will be paid on a pro-rata basis in accordance with Company policy.

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 04:44
TAX
Tax in HK is not more than 15% of the employees gross emoluments. A tax is also placed on a portion of the total housing allowance paid.

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 04:45
HOUSING ASSISTANCE
Rental allowance is paid by the company to Expatriate Officers as a contribution towards the cost of rent. An officer will receiver HK 14,000 per month in housing assistance but may qualify to claim additional assistance up to a maximum of HK20,750 per month. After two years service, a Second Officer is entitled to HK18,000housing assistance per month, and may qualify for additional assistance up to maximum of HK41,500 per month

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 04:46
CHILDRENS EDUCATION ALLOWANCE
The company will pay to Expatriate Officers a childrens education allowance. For children aged 3-4 years attending a recognized pre-school in HK the company will reimburse 50% of the actual cost to a maximum of 50% of the primary school rate as set by the English Schools Foundation. For children aged between 5 and 18 attending a recognized Internatiol School in HK the company will reimburse 75% of the rate for the International School attended by the child, or 90% of the rate for ESF schools in HK, whichever rate is higher. The Company will also provide an interest free education loan of up to HK30,000 per child to officers whose children will commence schooling in HK where a deposit/debenture is required.

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 04:48
Sorry folks pprune was only allowing me to post little bits and pieces instead of the whole thing at once. Not sure why but at least it is out there now.

Mink
14th Jan 2006, 04:53
OK, probably a stupid question, and it's back to the original topic. For those that emailed in the app, what about the passport photo they ask for at the bottom of page 4?:confused: I assume you mailed in a hard copy, photo included, to follow up on the emailed copy?
Mink

nice-salad
14th Jan 2006, 05:17
Nope, took my own passport type photo with digital camera and emailed it along with a scanned copy of passport page. Later that day got email back from Cathay thanking me for my application, how to contact them, and attaching update application sheets. They only ask for a PASSPORT STYLE photo not an official one.

Mink
14th Jan 2006, 05:24
Very high tech! Thanks for the info.

Mink