PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the PPRuNe search function?

5milesbaby
10th Jan 2006, 20:46
Hi, I've been having problems searching for all posts of a User Name, just keep getting the response
"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
I've tried several names and keep getting the same, or for one only 3 responses even though they have posted 700+ times!
Is this a PPRuNe problem which will be sorted out or is it like this for good?

Trislander
11th Jan 2006, 10:37
Hiya, the normal search doesn't seem to work either. Tried typing 'flybe' for example to find out some stuff and said the same thing. I also posted a similar question to yours the other day and it was removed for some reason.. Think the new software must be causing some problems. Why don't they just admit there's something wrong and give us all a rough idea of when it's likely to be fixed? PPRuNe is not much use without the search function - it's the only way to sift thru all the gash people post and find something relevant!

ATB, Tri=

P.Pilcher
11th Jan 2006, 10:50
If you check on some of the other threads, you will discover that the search function is not working at the moment while Danny & Co. get on with the enormous task of re-indexing the entire contents of PPRuNe. When this is complete, we are assured that the search function will work better than ever before.

P.P.

BOAC
11th Jan 2006, 10:59
To confirm PP's post - the 'upper house' are well aware of the problem. To fully re-index the search engine requires forum shutdown and it is on the list of things to be sorted. Your patience is appreciated!