PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Jobs

YUCCY
10th Jan 2006, 16:38
I am interested in working in Kenya? I have ICAO CPL multi IR.
I am primarily interested in Turboprop jobs as on Beechcrafts or Caravans since i have flown Turbines up to date. Is this possible? What about licence conversion.

Cheers

rhinoboy55
11th Jan 2006, 06:08
I have worked overseas for quite a few years and as chief pilot I will tell you pack your bags and show up if you are serious. We just don't take most people seriously if they only send emails. It does not show any commitment.

Daede1
11th Jan 2006, 09:57
Best bet is to get your ass over to Wilson International, and you could get a bush flying job with Air Kenya or someone.
But you gotta be there, otherwise you go into the pile of papers with everyone else who has emailed a cv.

YUCCY
11th Jan 2006, 17:58
Thank you very much for all the info. I will consider going to Kenya espec. Since i believe it is very nice country. I am worried about paperwork that i would have to go trough in order t get a job. I have in mind licence coversion and possible working permit issue. Is this a problem? What is it like living down there? Thanks for all the info again.

Alex

SpootNICK
11th Jan 2006, 19:12
Stop Stop Stop.......dont pack your bags just yet.

You will NOT get a job in Kenya without a work permit.......and this is very hard to get. Believe me! If and when thats out of the way, you will need to convert your licence to a Kenyan CPL. This will take a few months....and perhaps a back-hander or two.

Only once you have dont all this can you even consider looking for work.

Get all your facts straight before you set off to the Dark Continent,

Africa is not for sissies,:ooh:

YUCCY
11th Jan 2006, 20:36
I thought that this would be the problem. But it is worth an effort?

Thanks

Soap Box Cowboy
13th Jan 2006, 15:12
For those of you looking, there are some posiblities in Tanzania for pilots of various experience. As of late several companies have expanded their fleets. Many local pilots have moved up from the general aviation scence and onto the local airlines leaving a shortage. Most new locally trained pilots have also been absobed directly into the local airlines. And since the international market has been growing again several of the more experienced expats have moved on.

Basicly anyone intrested in coming here would need to show up and convert their liscence, which usually takes about a month. ICAO liscences re easily converted here.

There are jobs for the low time guys with 300-600 hours. They will most likely get jobs on 206 type aircraft. Guys with 600-1200 hours can look for FO jobs on twin otters. They would also be able to get onto 402's and Seneca's. Guys with 1200-2000 hours would be looking at the 402's and 404's. Guys with 1500+ could be looking at C208 jobs.

So a little for everyone, but only the dedicated need apply, it can be a bit of drag getting through all the processes and getting that first interview, you really need to come here and slog it out. Salaries range from Appaling to very resonable and some companies provide housing etc..

Remeber Vans are flown single crew here and the strips are rough, this is why the hours are sometimes higher than down south, Once your out of the major towns your pretty much on your own. So no mama's boy's need apply you'll only run home crying :E

Anyone intrested in coming out here give me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. Let me know what your kind of job and life your looking for and what your expectations are and I'll try to point you in right direction.

Good luck all. :ok:

Armando latiff
13th Jan 2006, 22:34
Seems something nice to get start.....well in aviation history you must try everthing no matter what type of aircarft....ive got exerince in jets and turboprps aircarft...9000 hrs....international flights and regional...all kinds of operations...give me the way and what i need to obtain a job in the africa continent...:ok: ...and thanks fellows...Armando
For those of you looking, there are some posiblities in Tanzania for pilots of various experience. As of late several companies have expanded their fleets. Many local pilots have moved up from the general aviation scence and onto the local airlines leaving a shortage. Most new locally trained pilots have also been absobed directly into the local airlines. And since the international market has been growing again several of the more experienced expats have moved on.

Basicly anyone intrested in coming here would need to show up and convert their liscence, which usually takes about a month. ICAO liscences re easily converted here.

There are jobs for the low time guys with 300-600 hours. They will most likely get jobs on 206 type aircraft. Guys with 600-1200 hours can look for FO jobs on twin otters. They would also be able to get onto 402's and Seneca's. Guys with 1200-2000 hours would be looking at the 402's and 404's. Guys with 1500+ could be looking at C208 jobs.

So a little for everyone, but only the dedicated need apply, it can be a bit of drag getting through all the processes and getting that first interview, you really need to come here and slog it out. Salaries range from Appaling to very resonable and some companies provide housing etc..

Remeber Vans are flown single crew here and the strips are rough, this is why the hours are sometimes higher than down south, Once your out of the major towns your pretty much on your own. So no mama's boy's need apply you'll only run home crying :E

Anyone intrested in coming out here give me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. Let me know what your kind of job and life your looking for and what your expectations are and I'll try to point you in right direction.

Good luck all. :ok: