PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide to get Air Mauritius B767's?

Anti-Skid Inop
10th Jan 2006, 14:43
Rumuor has it that VB was seen in MRU a while back looking to buy Air Mauritius' two B767-200ER's. He is keen to start operating them to London and wants to increase frequencies to 6 flights per week!

Anyone have any hot gen on the proposed purchase?

que
10th Jan 2006, 14:47
Not to sure about above but they did an extra day flight to LGW toaday as CE104 and returning tomorrow morning as CE103 not the usual callsign,any news on that?

Chow

Knoppiesdoorn
10th Jan 2006, 15:11
Air Zimbabwe has beeen operating the -200 successfully. Some people at SAA were sad to see theirs go.
Out of JNB the -200 could be pushed for range/payload.
NW has been in the market for extra aircraft the day they started operating to LGW. But VB is a very conservative buyer and that's why he is still in bussiness. Not surprised and goodluck!

Gunship
10th Jan 2006, 16:25
Glad to hear this. I tried to book a flight this weekend and they where full. Just wish at least one flight a week will come directly to FACT as the turn -around at FAJS is a real gatkrap.

VTS
10th Jan 2006, 16:43
:) ...Guys and gals....

This info from a source at CE.....VB is looking at the 762's with the JIA-MRU route in mind. He does not plan to use them on the JIA-LGW route.

As for CE doing an extra flight to LGW today.....this is the last of 4 'on demand' flights that were done during the holiday period.....Yes flights were bursting at the seams and there were some pax who could not fly at all.....:uhoh:

Cheers and oh yes....compliments of the season to all safrican ppruners
:ok: :ok: :ok:

Deskjocky
11th Jan 2006, 07:46
Thought there hasnt been a decison yet on who gets the additional frequencies on the JNB-MRU route. Comair were telling travel agents last year that they had got the rights on the bilatteral- and would start operating in Jan- which they didnt, so it seems a bit premature of VB (or anyone)to be buying new airees if he hasent got the deal in the bag. Heard 1time were also pitching for this, BTW any news on their new african route?

Anti-Skid Inop
11th Jan 2006, 13:43
Have also heard that VB wanted to operate to MRU too. However in the latest onboard magazine he writes of the increased schedule to LGW.

There is also still the option of flying to Munich. Even though the licence has lapsed, it surely wouldn't be too difficult to renew.

I'm not too sure if the -200ER would be pushed for range/load out of JIA as Air Mauritius used to operate them into Europe and in fact still do (Zurich), from MRU which would be sort of the same range. It will however carry less than the -300 does at the moment, but with the increased frequency that should solve the problem.

CE/NTW are also starting a business class service from Feb and will re-configure the Exec-economy to business class. I wonder if the crew will get bunks?

SIC
12th Jan 2006, 15:04
Crew Bunks ??? hahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhahaha hahah hahahahhaa

sky waiter
13th Jan 2006, 04:39
I wonder if that now means more CAA "representitves" can have jobs?