View Full Version : Human Factors Training

syncro_single
10th Jan 2006, 14:13
Hi all,
As a recently qualified CRM instructor I was wondering if soembody could answer the following:
1. As I understand it CRM training will soon be compulsary, are most companies using "in house" training rather than getting external agencies?
2. The course I provide is 3 days long, how does this fit in with what is being offered?
3. Does anybody know the cost of this training?
4. What are the best publications to advertise in?
The questions above might seem a bit vague, but as a serving member of the RAF who is looking for another career when I leave the service I hope that all you knowledgable people can help.
Thanks in advance
Pete:ok: :ok: :ok:

Blacksheep
11th Jan 2006, 00:13
1(a). We do our own Human Factors training in-house in our (EASA Part 147 approved) technical training centre. We do occasionally bring in third party consultants for particular courses, especially in areas where we find it difficult to keep up with current trends and practices. For example we recently used a training consultancy to run a series of Health and Safety seminars in our own classrooms.
1(b). This training is required for maintaining Part 145 and FAA repair station approvals, so it can already be considered 'compulsory'.

2. Two or three days is about right.

3. Prices charged vary according to location and charging policy. I.e. Consider local labour rates, overheads and desired mark-up.

4. There are lots. Googling 'air transport MRO management publications' will bring up a few of the more significant ones