PDA

View Full Version : Type rating - Saab 340?

eddk
10th Jan 2006, 13:01
hi ppruners,

Is there anybody, who knows, where I can get type-rated on saab 340?

It doesnīt matter, if itīs in good old europe or e.g. the US:cool:

already talked to sas-flight academy and checked panam flight-academy in the US...cae in holland doesnīt do it anymore and swiss aviation training do it only on saab 2000...

thanx to all!

greetings,
eddk

mikerfly
10th Jan 2006, 13:29
What are you going to do with that rating? It is an old aeoroplane, it will go to afrika and fly there in less than 5 years, it is noisy as well not a very good working environement. Hope you are not paying from your own pocket!

south coast
10th Jan 2006, 13:54
ha ha ha...the scrap yard for aviation. after spending 5 years there flying i am really glad to be back in europe where things work!

DB6
10th Jan 2006, 15:32
Loganair uses SAS Flight Academy in Sweden, and there is a new simulator at Farnborough (possibly Flight Safety?) however I don't have contact details and not sure if they do type rating or just recurrent training.

BNflyer
10th Jan 2006, 18:06
I have heard about a SF340 sim in some of the "old europe" countries. I don't know where and I found it strange bacause there are only 3 (4) sims in the world which I know about. One at SAS flight Academy, 1 in Australia, 1 in USA. And a new one in Farnborough as you said above.

'erindoors
19th Jan 2006, 00:49
Try http://www.saabaircraftleasing.com/prod/simulators.asp
for a list of sim sites. click on a site for the company details.

eddk
19th Jan 2006, 10:35
Hi everybody,

thanx to all of you, who gave me some usefull informations about the saab 340 rating...I hope I can do it in the US, because the planes are not registred in a JAA country.

Brgds,
EDDK