PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out ....

Alastair
27th Jun 2001, 14:32
In the next few months I'm hoping to start training towards a CPL(H) with the intention of then trying to get work on the North Sea.

I have a million questions but if anyone can help with answers to any of the following I'd be grateful:

- which school for my PPL? I live in SW London but a good reputation and experienced instructors are more important than location.

- does anyone have the contact details for the recruitment people at Bristow and Scotia so I can give them a call to pick their brains?

- finally any other advice (other than the don't go rotary go plank sort, I'm not doing this for financial/job security)

Thanks.

HeliEng
27th Jun 2001, 14:53
For training in your area at a good reputable school go to Heli Air at Denham. From where you are will take about 30 mins!

Good bet.

HeliEng

Grainger
27th Jun 2001, 17:41
Agreed. HeliAir will look after you just fine.

Speak to Aileen and make sure you get Q to take you for some (but not all !) of your flights.

Good luck !

EESDL
27th Jun 2001, 23:02
HeliEng,Grainger
you're not working on commission are you?
The 'customer' said that they were from the SW of London. Denham's a right pain to get to by road, and not much easier by air...
Surely a school down Fairoaks/Blackush way would be better? Mind you I suppose Denham's only up the M25 carpark!

Hey newcomer, where do you live/work?

Hughes500
28th Jun 2001, 00:25
Try Fast Helicopters at Thruxton 01264772508 or e mail me for some better rates

Grainger
28th Jun 2001, 13:59
No, no axe to grind other than as a genuine satisfied customer...

Sloanes used to have a base at White Waltham but that got closed by NIMBYs http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

If he's still at High Wycombe, Dave Nockels will also look after you very well.