PDA

View Full Version : Jaa Cpl(h)+ir(h)=atpl(h)??

Vertolot
10th Jan 2006, 10:16
I'm a little bit confused regarding to the JARs about ATPL(H). Do I need to do a full ATPL theory course to get my ATPL or do I need to do my IR theory only?

If I have the CPL(H) and IR(H) do I need to do the ATPL(H) written test??

Thanks,

Vertolot

Flingingwings
10th Jan 2006, 13:25
Hi,

I don't have a copy of LASOR's immediately to hand, so i'm prepared to be corrected. But:

As I understand it you have two choices re the exams.
Pass the CPL exams and then the CPL flight test and you'll end up with a CPL licence. If you wanted an IR you'd then have to complete ATPL passes in the 7 specified subjects (IR bridging exams) and then complete the actual IR flying course. You'd finish the course with a CPL licence endorsed to fly IR. When other requirements (predominately flying hours related) are reached you apply to change the CPL/IR to an ATPL.

Option two is to pass the ATPL exams, and then complete the CPL course/flight test. You'll be issued a CPL (albeit you'll have ATPL theoretical knowledge passes). Your exam passes are valid for three years and shoudl you want an IR you'll have to complete it within this three year period. If your exam passes expire you'll need to pass the IR bridging exams and then sit the practical flying course. You'll initially be issued a CPL with IR, and when the experience requiremnts are met, you can change it to an ATPL.

With a CPL/IR so long as the IR is kept valid you can take as long as you like to get the ATPL experience. Let the IR expire and you'll have to get the flying hours within 7 years.

Here in the UK the CAA detail all this stuff in LASORs. I don't have a link to hand but a search on www.srg.caa.co.uk should locate a copy that you can download for free.

Regards,

FW