PDA

View Full Version : Libyan Arab rebranded?

newscaster
10th Jan 2006, 10:02
Read some where that the airline is now known as Libyan Airline Company, is that true? has a new livery also been introduced.

Gunship
10th Jan 2006, 16:27
I think it was from 13 Dec 05.

Whn I left (last Friday) not a single logo of any kindhas been changed ... not even the wording at the info desk :} :} :}

Flying Aggie
11th Jan 2006, 14:24
It has been rebranded to it old name pre 1969, as the info goes with the locals.

I was wondering if any of you know how to get a pilot position over in libya with low hours like 680hrs. with FAA and JAA Fatpl.

Also if you now some one in Madavia that would be great.

Thanks

Flying Aggie

Gunship
11th Jan 2006, 15:15
A bit of useless info : It snowed in TIP today :ouch:

Flying Aggie
11th Jan 2006, 16:24
I am planning to head out to TIP in two weeks for other business, but do you know if i can meet with someone that might help finding a pilot position in TIP. I do have a dual citizenship and no problem travling to Libya or other countries at any time

thanks

Flying Aggie

Rani
11th Jan 2006, 16:50
Gunship,
Meteorologists in Saudi Arabia are also expecting some snow fall in the Eastern Province this winter! Last time it snowed there was around 1950, it quickly melted of course...

Gunship
11th Jan 2006, 17:42
I am planning to head out to TIP in two weeks for other business, but do you know if i can meet with someone that might help finding a pilot position in TIP. I do have a dual citizenship and no problem travling to Libya or other countries at any time
thanks
Flying Aggie

Sorry mate I am just on the International airport and even as I pilot I have not met one other pilot.

I have just seen a Super Puma flying and that is it from TIP Int.

The old American base has all the "other" non LAC / Afriqiyah / Al Italia / BA etc flights.

Contact me- I will be back there 23 Jan .. (for a cold non-alcohol one ;)

Gunship
11th Jan 2006, 17:44
Gunship,
Meteorologists in Saudi Arabia are also expecting some snow fall in the Eastern Province this winter! Last time it snowed there was around 1950, it quickly melted of course...

It just shows mate - never predict it !

The guy working for me promised he took photies so I will post as soon as I can.

He reckons TIP had snow in 1980 ... well a few flakes I pressume :D

Enjoy the RIO :ok: