PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my interview

charlie_vb
10th Jan 2006, 08:03
Hi everyone,

I have an interview with AO next week, please give me any tips you can. Even if it's not AO tips. Anything would be great. I am flying at the moment but havent been to an interview in ages.

Thanks
Charlie x x

ricciricardo
10th Jan 2006, 09:17
Just be yourself, if your flying already and you like/love the job in itself (disregarding feelings neg or pos about your current employer) it will show in your enthusiasm. You'll be surprised how all your situational awareness will come to you when quizzed about working in this industry.
I have a feeling a lot of interviewees will be current or recent flighties, so hopefully if your not first to speak you can monitor the mood and know what not to say! Good Luck (A mate of mine is going for it, if he gets it I'll be rapt, if he doesn't, he'll be here in Sydney where I want him)!

charlie_vb
10th Jan 2006, 09:56
Hey ricciricardo,

Thanks, I need to get my situational stuff together and start thinking of things. I dont have another language so that makes it a bit more scarey.
Thank you for your help

ricciricardo
10th Jan 2006, 10:09
Usually in these intial things you get to team up with someone and find out a bit about them and then present a little biography, that bits ok but when it comes to talking about yourself that's the hard bit, just say the stuff you think is relevent and throw something in to get a giggle, it lightens the stress, but don't be the Joker of the day. The interactive stuff can be a hoot, just contribute to the action as much as possible.

My friend will be there, I, of course must respect one's privacy but a clue or two. (Give you something to think about get your mind active)

1. Male
2. Straight
3. When he smiles the sun just shines!

charlie_vb
10th Jan 2006, 10:19
ok, I'll def keep all that in mind. I keep thinking about the one on one but i've got to make it to that first. Your right focus on the group session then I can stress about the interview!!!!
Thats a lovely discription of your friend, i'll def look out for him.
Do you know anyone whos been for the interview before? I've studied as much as I can about the company.....I think.

Thanks again

ricciricardo
10th Jan 2006, 10:32
I have few friends and aquaintences at AO. quite a few ex Ansett who can probably be a bit annoying (so so ansett, you know poor poor us) and some ex J* who are just wonderful! One friend started from the begining but really got over the Cairns bit after 2 years. He was with the Airforce prior to that so I guess they like experianced fliers. Ciao R

charlie_vb
10th Jan 2006, 10:47
A few ex ansett. That I'll like...I think, cause I get on well with the ones a Virgin. They must like ex crew, thats a good thing. Do most of the crew you know there have another language? Im worried about that.
Do you know what they are looking for at the assesment day? I know Virign looked for people that stood out. I took a totally different approch to that as to what I'll take to this. Didnt go overly sophisticated to Virgin but I think AO are maybe looking for that sorta stuff. Hair will be up for sure and huge smile on my face from the moment I walk in and I'm going to be there an hour early....like everyine else I guess. Wonder if they interview non flyers

bubblygirl
17th Jan 2006, 09:35
Hi, I know lots of AO cabin crew and there is a mixed crowd ex flyers and ground staff from all over. Forget Ricciricardo saying soso ansett, poor us, My friend has been helped out a lot by ex ansett people there. In fact during there training they shared a room with one of them and they helped them through there emergency stuff. Which they said was heads down study type thing. So everyone has there own opinion re ex flyers. Not most of the crew but a few have 2nd languages. It is def. a benefit, but if you are a people person and fit the position of cabin crew you will be fine. If you are going early make it 30mins not an hour they wont notice you there. Def. dress up look the part, grooming goes a long way

charlie_vb
18th Jan 2006, 09:21
Thanks bubblygirl,
Im starting to stress a bit more as its so close, but trying to get those last bits of study in, cant believe its tomorrow and will all be over so soon.
Hopefully all my effort is worth it, but if not at least I got to meet a few people and learn more about AO.