PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot BA / LHR ... that is the way forward.

Gunship
10th Jan 2006, 00:29
Well over the years Gunss had made a complaint or ten about airports and or operators as I fly quite a lot.
I bought an online ticket about a week ago in BA.com
A friend dropped me at terminal 4. I had to walk about 50 m where a very friendly BA staff member helped me with my boarding ticket within 30 sec's and told me to drop my bag at CP 61.
Came there - dropped it and 2 minutes later I was at security.
Security must have taken a minute.
I was inside in definately less than 5 minutes and ready to board. Phoned my friend - well he could not believe it as he was just outside the airport !
The boarding gate was another 50-100 m ...
All in all a fantastic experience on BA / LHR which I can sadly not repeat at LGW ... what a damn nighmare there at the best of times !

To top it all I got an upgrade as well...

Now why will I ever have to fly from LGW to SA or on SAA to SA - UK ?

Cheers and all the very best BA / LHR / Airport Authority LHR.. keep up the great work :ok:
Gunsss

lexxity
10th Jan 2006, 09:50
Gunsss I must agree with you, T4 gets slated a lot, but I have never had a bad experience when passing through it, so another well done from me.

Gunship
10th Jan 2006, 10:05
Yip Lexxity ... grat to hear someone else as well. It is easy critisize but I think it takes a while to give someone credit when it is overdue.

Well done again BA / LHR / Term 4:ok:

WHBM
10th Jan 2006, 11:28
T4 gets slated a lot, but I have never had a bad experience when passing through it
Yes, T4 is good inside the terminal, it's other aspects that let it down.

1. Closing the Underground for 20 months for an engineering tie-in to the extension to T5. When T4 was first built the identical engineering operation was done over a few weekends.

2. Heathrow Express pretending it takes 15 minutes into Central London from there.

3. BAA pretending that the transfer arrangements to T123 are anything other than pathetic.

4. Ground organisation airside, starting with delays crossing 27L if required, then delays due to no stand available, then delays due to no bus available for remote parking.

Once in the building, it's fine.

Gunship
10th Jan 2006, 12:12
Good remarks / I see your point WHBM :ok:

Fortunately I was lucky to be dropped off right on the spot and let us maybe face it ; Is Sunday afternoon's at around 1730 very busy ?

Did not feel like that to me or somebody is doing their job :E

apaddyinuk
12th Jan 2006, 17:44
Aww...thats nice to hear on here from time to time, fair play to you for creating this post...
However, as a BA crew member, I still think T4 is a total disaster of a terminal!!! No ones fault really I suppose except for the foresight or lack of it by BAA. Sorry to you all for having to wait an age to get off the flight from DOH/BAH this morning!!!

KiloMIke
12th Jan 2006, 22:50
Paddy, considering all your previous posts about DOH/QR would have thought you would oly have been to happy to wait!!

Guns, nice to hear something positive!!

apaddyinuk
13th Jan 2006, 00:09
Hahaha...Well Kilomike, i was sort of curious when it popped up on my roster to see how the place has turned out in the two years since I repatriated myself...and I assure you its worse than ever!!!