PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar....you are a disgrace!

Fox3snapshot
9th Jan 2006, 23:54
Well my first experience with this farsical operation is still underway.

Needless to say that as I type from the Qantas Club lounge on their free internet I am drowning myself in their best champagne to make up for the excess baggage charges that I was clearly told by Qantas I wouldn't have to pay and not earning a single FF point (contrary to the previous mentioned phonecall) and whilst you may ask why bitch, you chose the flight...well the Qantas Club website I was logged into gives you no choice. You are flicked straight across to the Jetstar site and no options are given. Booked Christchurch-Brisbane and apparantly now "Qantas" doesn't operate that route now. When you arrive at the airport though you do get a nice letter from Qantas confirming that Jetstar is a wholly owned Qantas operation and we do apologise for sending you Jetstar...but s*it happens, and here's who to write to.

The Qantas staff here don't want to have a bar of it (they will happily just give you the letter and send you on your way) and under their breath agree the whole changeover has been a shambles.

As I don't get back to Oz and NZ that often I was not remotely aware of the Jetstar operation and more importantly the website will not give you any hint of what is going on.

The irony of it is there is nothing cheap about it...Air New Zealand had a cheaper fare but I thought I would maintain my loyalties...:hmm:

Geoff me ol mate, your operation S*x!
:yuk:

ur2
10th Jan 2006, 00:10
Well sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

Woomera
10th Jan 2006, 00:17
Just a quick warning peeps.

No swearing, name callng, eye gouging. All punches above the waist line.

Cross the line and I'll bin this thread in a heartbeat!

Other than that have at it.

Woomera

Fox3snapshot
10th Jan 2006, 00:24
Geez Woomers, glad you reminded me.....I could have got quite emotional but they are about to board (40 mins late) so I have run out of tapping time on the keyboard, gotta get to the drinks tray and inhale my last free vino!

;)

P.S I am still not a happy camper though...:suspect:

Defenestrator
10th Jan 2006, 01:06
I haven't had the pleasure of traveling with J* yet but am a bit put off by the check in. If you are caught in traffic and pitch up within 25 mins of the departure you forfeit (I before E...buggered if I know) your ticket. Thats a massive deterrent for me. I hope they prevail and do well but for the unforeseen future I'll be with DJ. Pleasant experience every time ( which has been many flights). And no I'm not suggesting DJ is better but I'll be damned if I'll risk booking with J* and have my booking lost (forever) just because there was a traffic delay on the way to the airport that caused me and mine to miss the 30 min cut-off. Just too much of a gamble. And at the end of the day that's what it is for me....a risk. I have no doubt that J* will get me to my final destination if I choose to travel with them. But if there are elements that I can't control that delay my check-in and I am refused boarding for the flight that I booked then J* is not for me. I wish the company well but for the time being I'll stick with a carrier that is sympathetic to the travelling pax. And for those that peruse this forum that will retort with comments along the lines of 'You must be a dumb-arse to not allow enough time to make your flight', I have never missed a flight..EVER. Not gonna take the chance though.

Good Luck to J* if for nothing else then the folks that work there.

Aussie
10th Jan 2006, 02:02
Flew From Adelaide to Cooly on JETSTAR for the first time last week, and it was less than fantastic service too.
Ill stick to DJ thanks!

Aussie

fromwayback
10th Jan 2006, 02:22
Do you mean the flight attendants were terrbible????? Or was it the food that you did not like?

Mr Seatback 2
10th Jan 2006, 02:31
So Jetstar is a disgrace because QF and Geoffy baby haven't handled the changeover well enough?

Direct any/all bile to QF. Us Jetstar folk had no say in the matter, or in our lack of resources.

And let's not forget...DJ copped similar adjectives when it started flying when compared to the likes of AN, etc. Compare apples with apples, people.

Pete Conrad
10th Jan 2006, 02:38
What is even more incredible is that the incumbent who was doing the flying for Qantas between CHC and BNE/MEL, that being Jetconnect was and is still cheaper than Jetstar! And it was full service. Oh but hang on, who's that TJ guy that thumps tables and threatened to take the Tasman flying off the J* guys if they didn't roll over the EBA? The decision to give J* the Tasman flying was political, not financial. It depends on how rubbery J* management want to make the financial figures look really, and as a result, the public get beaten into submission to fly J* or go to fly with Emirates or AirNZ, the latter usually.

Seatback, you guys have been in operation over two years and people are still complaining about you.....that didn't happen with DJ, you go compare all you want. Fact is, your operation sucks the big one.

petitfromage
10th Jan 2006, 03:34
Maaaaaaaate!
You poor 'bougre'. Time to change those old loyalites and stick with the CX,SQ & EK
Its all turning to custard downunder. The only good thing about our trip out of Q'town was the hosties eye-makeup! The 1000ft bounce on landing in CHC was a nice touch!
Safe trip old boy, see you in the sandpit soon.
PS: Dont ever ever.......STOP

Edit: to apease sensitive souls ;)

Woomera
10th Jan 2006, 03:55
What...you can't read?

Last reminder...zero tolerance on swearing on Dunnunder...that's 0.

From this post on miscreants will have their post deleted.

Aussie
10th Jan 2006, 04:02
fromwayback,

Nuh mate, what made it less fantastic than DJ was the fact that the hosties gave the impression that they didnt want to be there.
DJ are always happy and you feel like they want to help you.
Not at Jetstar.

IMO anyway

CHeers

Jet Jockey
10th Jan 2006, 04:12
Do what Q and J* staff do. Fly Emirates 25% cheaper and far superior service. :8

Weed
10th Jan 2006, 04:29
Woomera,

I'll think you'll find B*****R is no longer regarded as a swear word. Remember the Hilux ad's?

Gnadenburg
10th Jan 2006, 04:51
Aussie

I have had smileless gilrs on VB too. J* have been good to me, even when I accidently squashed their little, brown bag of crew sandwiches, which were stored in the overhead locker.

Frankly, with the crap pay and bully management, I am surprised anyone smiles in either ailrine.

But for the money, who's complaining?

Howard Hughes
10th Jan 2006, 06:04
Why anyone would cross the "ditch" on anything but Emirates is beyond me!!
Cheap Fares
New Aircraft
Great Crew's
Good Food
and a kick A$$ entertainment system!!:8
Air New Zealand are a close second though.;)
PS: Gnads, I must apologise I had you all wrong, nice to see credit where credit is due.:ok:

soldier of fortune
10th Jan 2006, 08:22
although i have never flown jetstar -witnessing a recent diversion into cbr from a hba to syd flight and seeing how the punters were kept on the aircraft for 5 hours then bussed to syd term2 AT 0400 HRS WITH OUT THEIR LUGGAGE -the whole crew just locked them selves in the flt deck while the australian :eek: protective service took care of the punters in case we had a cronulla stile of riot

Raider1
10th Jan 2006, 08:24
I see QF has announced that they are again withdrawing from Hamilton Island and leaving it to Jetstar as from March.
Oh well guess those people wealthier than I will just have to settle for discount economy or go by boat

RaTa
10th Jan 2006, 08:56
I think that this may be a windup, last time I tried to get on Pprune in the Qantas Club, access was denied!

Keg
10th Jan 2006, 11:28
It depends on the lounge. I've gotten onto PPRUNE from Singapore previously. I must admit I was surprised though....I didn't expect to! Perhaps the same thing applies in NZ. Perhaps it has something to do with renewing the NetNanny or whatever program it is that they have blocking access.

ratpoison
10th Jan 2006, 16:17
Why anyone would cross the "ditch" on anything but Emirates is beyond me!!

Really, try working for them. Totally fatigued, exhausted, abused crew working for pitiful wages and third world conditions on extremely suspect FTL's. How CASA continue to ignore this outfit allowing them to operate in and out of OZ airspace is beyond me. Obviously a little nudge nudge, wink wink going on inside a few pockets. And to think the Australian market is chewing at the bit in support of this absurd operation at the expense of their own countries Airline just to watch "fancy TV" on a three hour flight is an absolute disgrace.

Sunfish
10th Jan 2006, 20:48
Ratpoison, QF has lived off the fat of the land for far too long. Open the skies and get rid of the Red Rat, iits managers want to change it into a meaningless brand name anyway with maintenance done in China and crew the aircraft with the cheapest available people.

If I was in Government, I'd tell QF that if any work goes to China, then its open skies for Australia immediately.

qcc2
11th Jan 2006, 01:59
ratpoison you have a very good point. casa is these days so politicially correct they are too scared to go anywhere near emirates or any other foreign carrier. its easy to critisise the local rat but bear in mind the howard government has backstabbed QF on many occassions. emirates and its subsidised operations are beyond any meaningfull accountability (so is singapore airlines, malaysian). this is the only part of the world where every tom,dick and harry from anywhere can set up a domestic and international airline. singapore has looked at an oz domestic operation ,too hard. they also have the rights to fly the tasman but not interested as they cant see making money on it) emirates loosing money hand over fist on the tasman (who cares they just want exposure). its easy to critisie any oz or nz airline but its not an even playing field. why doesn't the NZ competition commission and the ACCC have a look at unfair competition on the transtasman market. easy answer, the political masters won't have it.:ok:

Animalclub
11th Jan 2006, 02:04
qcc2
I thought Singapore money was in REX and a Western Australian airline. True?

qcc2
11th Jan 2006, 02:09
to fox3snapshot. if you spend the money on a flexfare you get points on j*. you sound like the typicial whinger these days, who wants everything(qf club, plenty of booze, free internet and so on), but doesn't want to pay for anything. pay the money get the service and the rest.:ok:

qcc2
11th Jan 2006, 02:12
as i understand it two sin businessman have the major investment(maybe some of temasek (sin government) money is there. not quit sure. all tehy are interested is in cherry picking( which airline isn't).

qcc2
11th Jan 2006, 02:16
just checked the share registry on rex. the major shareholder is Soo, Lee Thian with 51.50%. no mentioning of sin or temasek

SkySista
11th Jan 2006, 02:26
Animal, yep SQ have some interest in Skywest... not so west aussie after all!!

Rostov
11th Jan 2006, 06:10
fox3,
Dont get too comfy in the Qantas club, I have seen the 0 tolerence policy nail late boarders from the club and have left without them... quite smuggly too. Like it or lump it buddy.
Nothing better than seeing a pompous angry faced club member used to delaying flights for 1 last bevy get their chance to slink back to their bevy....:ouch:

VSOZ
11th Jan 2006, 06:10
Animal, same as QF - 48% owned by foreign entities. Does it really matter in the end so long as there are jobs.

Fox3snapshot
11th Jan 2006, 06:18
Who said I wanted a flippin flex fare!!!??? You have no choice mate, "Qantas" don't fly the route anymore!!! I would always pay a bit more to get the service...if it was provided!

And what choice are the Territorians going to have when Qantas dump their services to Darwin???

Of course I am a whinger, I am a consumer! It seems that the service industry has forgotten about the word "service".

:yuk:

QF Quoll
11th Jan 2006, 06:48
The service idea stopped when the Howard Goverment came to power, now it's us/we working for the service. :*

QF Quoll
11th Jan 2006, 07:58
Ratty poison Emirates just about finances the Melbourne cup day, the Vic. labour govt. must be very happy with that service.;)

1DC
11th Jan 2006, 09:59
Read somewhere that cargo alone makes the Tasman flights profitable for Emirates.

Mr Seatback 2
11th Jan 2006, 11:24
Fox3,

You wouldn't happen to be one of those types that jumps up and down, and yells to all and sundry, when you don't get your own way at Check In or at the gate, would you?

Customer service these days has a price attached. If you think JQ are bad, have you flown with Ryanair recently? Or for that matter, one of the US domestic airlines? Just finished a trip to the states...and let me tell you, points aside, JQ aren't all that bad.

Sure they've stuffed up. And sure, you were told the wrong info about their baggage charges and stuff. But the onus these days is back on the consumer. More and more responsibility for reading ticket conditions, etc. is being put back onto the consumer. AN lost a fortune accommodating every Tom, Dick and Harry for their own stupid mistakes and hissy fits. I worked there, and saw what went on daily.

Now...I'm sure you should've been treated better. But no airline is perfect, and QF and DJ have come in for their own slaggings before. But don't tar JQ with the brush of one bad experience. If I extended that logic, you'd probably not bank with anybody at all, not borrow money and certainly not use consumer electronics such as mobiles, laptops, etc. We've all got our own horror stories about service, reliability etc. It's life. Manure happens.

Don't sweat the small stuff. No airline is going to reimburse you for a heart palpitation.

swh
11th Jan 2006, 12:05
Perhaps it has something to do with renewing the NetNanny....
Isn't that the brand of stockings used by QF cabin crew :eek: ?

Dixons Cider
11th Jan 2006, 16:51
Fox3dude

So sounds like it will be EK next time you cross the ditch.

How was it once you got on the A/c mate - more of the same? or did the orange thing mellow over time?

qcc2
11th Jan 2006, 22:35
EK doesn't fly from chc to bne. so its either via somewhere or get with the program. no one likes the ongoing downgrading of services but thanks to the NZ and Oz government who seem determined to wipe any lacal carrier from the earth by allowing anyone to set up shop or compete on most routes in oz/nz. nothing against competition but those who understand the aviation industry realise there is no such thing as level playing field. agree with mrseatback we dont have it too bad here, yet. i just flew ryanair and had to pay extra for a few of kilos above their limit. the checkin chix told me that around 15% of their revenue comes from extra baggage (15 kg check in, 10 kg hand luggage, and both items are put on the scale):ok: . no negotiations/take it or leave it.

Southern handler
11th Jan 2006, 23:05
had a reasonable amount of flights with J, always had friendly f/A's but only friendly nothing over the top (which is fine), food purchased when hungry or thirsty always fine. DJ couple of flight OK but F/A's sometime gave the impressions they were to pretty to be there - not all but a few.
Disruption management is often shocking on J*, but then have seen some very ordinary things with DJ, not good but thats the reality of things these days

The Edge's Guitar
12th Jan 2006, 00:43
Fox, 176 pax on board and we are always waiting for the 1 pax who has walked away from the boarding gate, sitting at a cafe/bar or slothing it in the lounge. Whilst we are madly trying to amend the load sheet cause we cant find you, all of a sudden your type shows up slowly strolling to the aircraft oblivious to anything other than yourself.

Heard of a schedule??:mad:

Get a private jet or start your own airline and see what you have to put up with. Couldn't give a rats either if you didn't fly with us again.

Reminds me of the time I did a P.A when a pax left the QF lounge at departure time to board his flight. "Ladies and Gentleman, sorry about the delay but it seems one passenger couldn't do what the rest of you have done and board on time. I believe he is walking down the aerobridge as we speak so please feel free to let him know your not happy about this as he walks on."
He entered the aircraft with a huge rucus of "good onya mate" "booo":ouch:

Lord Snot
12th Jan 2006, 09:54
Wow. You sound like a really professional operator, The Edge. How else do you demonstrate your maturity and suitability to operate an expensive piece of machinery, then...?? :rolleyes:

Give FoxFire Snapped One a break. He's having a legitimate whinge about this low-cost, low-service, Magda Zoofatski airline full of low-paid condition-cutters who sold their souls and profession for a job without propellors.

I don't see anywhere he said he turned up at the gate at the last minute. Use ya head. I'd be infuriated too if I paid expecting a service and got Jest-Star instead.

But then the irony is expecting a service from Qantas in the first place...:rolleyes:

ratpoison
12th Jan 2006, 12:50
1DC, yep. I believe that they often hall 30 to 40 ton a trip over the pond. Apparently all they need is about 30 pax's to come out in front.
I'd be infuriated too if I paid expecting a service and got Jest-Star instead.
Yeah, well it all comes under the heading of having enough :mad:ing intelligence to know what airline your travelling with on the day. Jet*and QF dont swap sectors every hour or so.

Rostov
12th Jan 2006, 13:17
Lord Snot.
"He's having a legitimate whinge about this low-cost, low-service, Magda Zoofatski airline full of low-paid condition-cutters who sold their souls and profession for a job without propellors."

With a post like that I am sure there will be 100 odd Jetstar pilots that will most enjoy your 787 command at less pay purely to let you grow more bitter. Why should Jetstar pilots be the leat bit concerned scoring a 787 command for whatever money, if your type is the type they are boxing out? You just dont get it do you? Your so pre-occupied with lesser pay at Jetstar that you cant see the bigger picturel!!! The more you hate them the more you will loose because you give them no reason to care for your career. You need to accept the change, adapt, and try to work with what is left or there will be only one future. Jetstar's.
I feel sorry for the silent majority at QF that just want the command they went thru the testing process for and are jumping thru the hoops for and deserve but wont have the opportunity because of animosity fuelled by comments like yours. Unfortunately mud sticks. And people have long memories. It is human nature to remember the amount of red traffic lights you get as opposed to the greens if you get my drift.
You need to look to the future and where it is headed not whinge about what is passed.

ratpoison
12th Jan 2006, 16:59
Give that man a drink.

Dixons Cider
12th Jan 2006, 18:53
Y'know, threads like this make me realise why I left the D & G part of the world, and why I'm not really rushing to get back.

Here's a bloke, a customer, who has bought and paid for a product, and as a result rightly expects that said product to materialise. He arrives at the airport, checks in, and discovers he is by all accounts receiving an inferior product. Does he have justification to feel put out, p!ssed off? I reckon so...
Any one of you would spew buckets if you signed up for a Commodore and got a Hyundai - yes or no?

Instead, all I read here is vitriol and a slagging bitch fight! Wake up !! Some of you really need to get out more.

As for you Edges whatever you are - what a pathetic and imbecilic post! If you really are the hero that you claim to be and you made that childish PA, then I am sad to say, ***EDIT If that is the sort of mentality that Jetstar is fostering, then your post only confirms what Fox3 has raised ie that the downward spiral is tightening. If you were my F/o Edgey, the mike would have been whipped out of you hand before you had a chance to finish your liitle diatrade. If you were the skipper, I rest my case! If I was your boss, you'd be out of your seat and upstairs for some serious tea and bikkies.

A cup of tea and a Bex for you, Mr Cider. See you next week.
Yet another thread drifting off into oblivion :mad:

**click**

Woomera Eastern States