PDA

View Full Version : LHR to CGN in April - route scrapped ?

Randomtox
9th Jan 2006, 15:30
Hi there

I wonder if someone can clarify a BA route question for me. I am trying to book a flight from LHR to CGN (Cologne) on the 3rd or 4th of April '06. When I try and do this on the BA website (www.ba.com) it simply says that there are no seats available. If you try any later mpnths - you get the same answer !

Are BA about to scrap this route ? (does that mean I'll have to mess around getting to Cologne via D'Dorf ? What a drag !)

cheers for any info

Random

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Jan 2006, 16:17
I read in a previous post that it finishes in March, BA site shows last flight 25th.
Looks like Easy from LGW or German wings from STN.

Randomtox
9th Jan 2006, 16:20
Thanks for the info and additional info re: flights. Much appreciated !

Rnadom

airhumberside
9th Jan 2006, 16:52
Looks like Easy from LGW or German wings from STN.
Lufthansa Regional fly CGN-LHR

ptr120
9th Jan 2006, 18:02
airhumberside is right, LH do have a 3 x daily LHR - CGN service. however with BA dumping this route, EZY now only operating once daily to LGW and Germanwings having pulled out of LGW - CGN in the autumn, i'd expect fares to skyrocket and availability to plumet on this route as all those pax try and find space on those little CRJ's! I guess you and I will both have to put up with the slog to DUS.

Re-Heat
9th Jan 2006, 19:09
Fly to Dusseldorf; it's on the main trainline - 20 minutes at most from Cologne city centre