PDA

View Full Version : BALPA as a Wanabee

dwshimoda
9th Jan 2006, 14:09
I'm currently working through the ATPL theories, and am currently working on gaining my CPL/IR by the end of October, thus being able to start applying for jobs in November.

My question is, how many Wanabees are members of BALPA, and what is the benfit of being so? Also, am I right in thinking that it is only £24 to join as a trainee?

Any views welcome.

DW

STORMER
9th Jan 2006, 14:19
They were extremely helpfull to me while I was looking for work. I had a question regarding applying to a particular airline and they contacted the airline for me and gave me an answer along with lots more information regarding the selection. Not bad for £24.

YYZ
9th Jan 2006, 16:48
All except one of the people I've trained with are members of BALPA. Most find them helpful?

£24 is not alot of money in the grand scale of training costs.
You can join as soon as you start your CPL.

YYZ

EGBKFLYER
10th Jan 2006, 11:06
Not found them hugely useful so far - their jobs page is definitely behind the curve, although the airline fact sheets are OK. That said, for £2 per month it's still worth being a member, as you never know when you might need them...

Blinkz
10th Jan 2006, 14:46
Not sure where all this talk of money is from? as a trainee member of balpa its free to join and you only become a full member when you get a job.

YYZ
10th Jan 2006, 14:52
Free whilst you complete your training, up to CPL, then £2.00 per month until employment is found.

YYZ