PDA

View Full Version : easyJet shares rise amid reports of Icelandair bid

Localiser Green
9th Jan 2006, 12:39
Easyjet shares have risen 6% on reports that Icelandic firm FL Group may be considering a bid for the UK carrier.

The budget airline has hired Goldman Sachs as an adviser amid speculation of a possible bid approach from the owner of Icelandair.

BBC News Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4594796.stm

green granite
9th Jan 2006, 12:59
perhaps the futures not orange then :eek:

Wodka
9th Jan 2006, 13:06
Even if they did manage to complete a takeover, I can hardly see them dumping the brand ... although doesn't Stelio licence the easy bit of the name or something? And any takeover would need his buy in unless he decides to dump his stock and sail off into the sunset on his orange cruiser!

Good time to ca$h in those share options boys!

Jetavia
9th Jan 2006, 16:33
Yaah but they can still dump the easy brand, save some licensing fees and use the Sterling name instead, just like the very nice stickers now attached to the ex. Maersk Air fleet.. :uhoh:

Clipper7
9th Jan 2006, 17:04
And they're also reportedly buying Finnair - where does the money come from ????

Sagittarius Rising
9th Jan 2006, 19:09
What share options!! Discretionary options failed to meet ''performance conditions'' so they're worth FA!! Unlike the Management Share Options.

Wodka
9th Jan 2006, 19:21
Yeah I was refering to the management boys options :-#

wrafter
10th Jan 2006, 01:54
And they're also reportedly buying Finnair - where does the money come from ????

I was up in Iceland this morning. Not saying the following accounts for all the money, but: Icelandair owns the majority of major hotels in Iceland; additionally Icelandair owns the rights to all bus transportation between Keflavik and other destinations within Iceland; Icelandair also owns Reykjavik Exclursions tour company on the island; and it's my understanding that Icelandair had the monopoly on flights in/out of Iceland until Iceland Express arrived on the scene (I may stand corrected on the last item however).