PDA

View Full Version : UK Jobs

Jiff
23rd Jun 2001, 23:07
I will be returning to the UK in September or October with about 250 hours, H300CB R22, FAA CPL(H), CFI and IR.
I would like to attend a full time course and convert my ratings to the JAA equivalents.
Can anyone recommend a good place in the UK to do this and any realistic opinions on the employment prospects in the UK would be greatly appreciated.
The North sea is my first preference but would willingly consider anything else.

Jiff

Roofus
24th Jun 2001, 18:40
Employment prospects on the North Sea at the moment are very rosey!!

Avoid 'Cabair'! Other than their Chief Instructor Helo's, who was truely superb, the only thing I can say is what a bunch of 'muppets!'

Afraid I've no experience of any of the other training schools, I'm sure someone else will have though!

------------------
Look Out Beloooooooooooow!

AllyPally
24th Jun 2001, 19:32
The N Sea is not the place to be if you are starting a career. The industry will be dead before you retire so you will end up looking for a new career in your 40s. Go fixed wing like any other sane person.

pilotwolf
26th Jun 2001, 22:45
allypally...

If we had wanted to fly fixed wing we wouldn't be sane, that why we spent vast sums of money training on helos - each to his/her own. Fly what YOU want to fly and let other fly what THEY want to fly and we can all be happy!

paco
27th Jun 2001, 00:42
Roofus

Is Rod Wood still in charge at Cabair?

Phil