PDA

View Full Version : Ctc Acq

pilot00
8th Jan 2006, 18:10
Dear all, Having made through to the AQC I was hoping any past students could advise me how to best prepare for the final sim check. Now I have got this far I would hate to fail at the last hurdle!! Any advice on what the last sim check involves, which part is the hardest, and where anyone has failed.

In addition, I am planning on booking in some sim time prior to the start of the course as I have no experience of the 737 or A320 apart from reading from books. I am interested in knowing the cheapest place to do this, how far in advance do u need to book and where I find an instructor who has experience of the AQC.

Lastly if anyone else is in the same position as me I would be keen to hear from you and if you would like to share some sim time.

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Fish Out of Water
8th Jan 2006, 19:51
You don't need the extra time in the sim. Guys down there are excellent and I'm sure they'll teach you well. Get the sop's nailed beforehand in the classroom, and then the flying side will develop in the sim sessions. :cool:

FliegerTiger
8th Jan 2006, 19:57
pilot00, check your PM's

FT

tailwheel76
11th Jan 2006, 20:32
Don't book extra time in the sim you'll only confuse yourself. Go there with a clear head prepared to be taught what to do from scratch, they are very good and will give you everything you need to know. Best way I found to prepare was to know the SOP's and flight profiles like the back of your hand. If you mess up one day dont let it get to you, learn and move on, they are looking for progession not necessarily an ace from day 1. GOOD LUCK!

seneca50
15th Jan 2006, 10:57
Hi everyone, I too am thinking of applying to the AQC course after my IR. Information received from CTC indicates only 50% of people pass the selection tests (maths, psychometrics etc) and aviation related questions.
If anyone has entered the AQC having got their ATPL(F) elsewhere, could they let me know the type of maths and aviation related questions they were asked. Was it just multiplication and long division, time/distance/speed, equations etc. How may Q’s and how long given to answer them. Were they all computer based or pen and paper so you could do all the easy ones first.
Thank you very much in advance for any help