PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Lounges/GB Airways

initial
8th Jan 2006, 17:35
I am flying to Jamaica with FCA in June. I want to book a lounge at Manchester T2 and would be interested in any informtion on the Escape and Servisair lounges. I.e food/drink, levels of comfort and how crowded they get (flight departs at 10am)

Have also looked at flying GB airways from Mnachester to Canaries next winter and flights seem a lot cheaper than charters. What is the level of in flight service like, is there any in flight entertainment?

Wannabe Flyboy
8th Jan 2006, 20:42
Have also looked at flying GB airways from Mnachester to Canaries next winter and flights seem a lot cheaper than charters. What is the level of in flight service like, is there any in flight entertainment?

If you're familiar with BA's service you'll know what to expect. GB are a francise of BA. The flight will either be in a (fairly new) A320 or A321 with 31"-34" pitch depending on where you sit. For a flight of that length you'll get hot meals served, as well as a full bar. Most GB crew are good. There should be IFE but it seems to be rather hit-and-miss on routes to the Canaries. If there is it will be short films/TV programmes on overhead screens.

TG345
11th Jan 2006, 10:16
Have used the Servisair lounge in T2 several times, and it is much nicer than their lounge in T1, although the airside view is not as good if that is part of your thinking. They have a good range of beers, spirits and soft drinks, plus the usual crisps, nuts, cakes ect. I have only visited in the afternoon - taking refuge from the dreadfully overcrowded AF/KL lounge - but have always found it clean, tidy and lightly used.