PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines

MAG320
8th Jan 2006, 10:25
Hi colleagues,

looking for some news and information about Vietnam Airlines.
They are advertising a lot and I am thinking about joining (not sure yet).
I am type rated A320 (4000 hours) but still F/O, because of seniority :uhoh: .
So, looking for possible upgrading :) !!
Does anyone have any information about conditions, rostering, salary, etc.

Thank you in advance !

MAG

alatnariver
8th Jan 2006, 11:19
It's more than a year ago that I left the VN A320 fleet. Things may have changed since then, but I don't think they changed very much.

It was and still is an "interesting" airline and country. The Vietnamese people are in general very nice and polite but the airline itself is more or less "a bit" chaotic.

If you are flying for an airline on a permanent contract employed by this airline directly and not via a contract agency, then I wouldn't go for a contract job like the jobs offered by VN. The point is, you will end up with a contract for 2 years and you will never know if they will offer you an extension. Keep in mind that things may change quickly in our business!

As you mentioned that you are "still an FO with 4000 hrs" you should know that the chances to get an upgrade in the contract world and especially with VN are very limited and close to not existing.

My personal advise would be, if you are with an airline on a permamnent contract stay where you are and wait, your turn will come and don't leave for any form of short turn contract without any career path. By the way 4000 hrs tt aren't that much :)

MAG320
9th Jan 2006, 18:59
Thank you for now for info !
I will keep discovering....