PDA

View Full Version : FR..Excess Baggage rule changes ..AGAIN!!

Sikpupi
7th Jan 2006, 22:35
New FR rules on Excess Baggage come into force as from Mon 9th Jan 06….. and once again FR excel themselves in promoting customer relations and pax goodwill!!!

MOL is definitely losing the battle of the Excess Baggage game with pax playing the clever football and keeping within the rules. MOL recently tried to recoup some of the fallen revenue by increasing the fee from Eur6 to Eur8 ….but still the pax played the better football and revenue continues to fall. Poor MOL must be down to his last few billions to come up with the latest way to milk the customer.

Never let it be said that MOL can’t play dirty and once again he changes the rules to suit himself.

As from Monday…..if a husband + wife checkin 1 x Bag weighing say 20 kg……they will be charged excess baggage of 5kg x Eur8 = Eur40. This is despite the world-wide acceptance of pooled baggage and the logic of Husband + Wife being allowed 30kg allowance. It seems that MOL never allowed pooled baggage and now it is time to enforce it.

Similarly… if husband + wife have 2 x bags weighing 10kg +18kg , there will be a charge of 3kg x Eur8 = Eur24. Now a cute husband will take 3 kg out of his bag and put in the wife’s bag and once again deprive MOL of ripping him off. Or else….run over to the nearest shop and buy a roll of black refuse bags and transfer the excess weight into a bag and put it back on the belt!!!! No 1 x Bag is then over 15kg as per MOL definition.

Has the man gone mad????????? Have pity for the poor checkin staff who will have to explain this and enforce it!!!!!! It would be easier to explain the logic of Nuclear Fusion!!!!!

I can foresee the collapse of the check-in system as we know it!!!!!! There will be suitcases all over the floor and dirty laundry being passed all over the place! I though MOL wanted to reduce the amount of baggage being handled??????

Maybe when MOL sees the delays in turnarounds as a result of late checkin closures….he will rethink same.

You have been warned….don’t pack everything into ONE bag.!!!! Instead make sure that everyone in the party brings a bag right up to the 15kg limit and annoy MOL ….more bags being transported and no extra revenue being collected!!

Sikky

bmibabyfc
7th Jan 2006, 23:17
well..... a few simple words dont fly with them! - but unfortunatley due to the low low fares people do!!

seriously though, that is quite shocking, guess it wont be long though before the other lo-co's cotton on and follow suit! - personally i wouldnt like to see it though, far too much hassle at the check in desks! i dont like flybes idea either! it seems that the airlines are going far to far with their practises for making extra money!

regards

bmibabyfc

EI-CFC
7th Jan 2006, 23:40
I can foresee the collapse of the check-in system as we know it!!!!!!

Glad to see we're not over-reacting :D

allanmack
8th Jan 2006, 09:36
Actually, for me this makes it simple. 15kg per person checked-in and 10kg per person in the cabin. Sure, it adds to the total number of bags the family may take as there is no pooling but it will sure as hell prevent the wife from taking all those damn clothes and accessories that are never needed:ok:

Newforest
8th Jan 2006, 09:47
Glad to see we're not over-reacting :D

I always bring my portable scales with me, the one you weigh fish with! Problem is, it has a large spring inside it and the x-ray gestapo are very suspicious of it as they cannot recognize it!