View Full Version : Saudi Aramco

Seaking
30th Aug 2000, 15:31
I see that Saudi Aramco are looking for pilots.Does anyone work there or worked there?Do you know if they insist completely on requiring a degree(most european pilots dont have one,it seems to be an american trait?)Can anyone provide an indication of the package that is going,etc,etc???

What is it actually like in SA?

I am presently working in the middle east but in a more liberal area but a change is as good as a rest,maybe.I will also put this on rumors and news.

Thanking u

rapidstart
30th Aug 2000, 21:36
Look at Flightinternational/ Aramco are advertising with all the requirements there.

Dusty and DRY!

NRDK
31st Aug 2000, 18:57
Extracted from to Camel's mouth so to speak.

Helicopter Pilot
Associates degree in Aviation related science or Engineering. Must possess a valid U.S. FAA Airline Transport Rating - Rotorcraft Certificate, type rated for B-206 Helicopter. Must possess a current First Class FAA medical certificate.
7 years' experience and minimum 3,500 helicopter flight hours, 500 hours offshore operations, or 3 years experience and 1,550 hours as an Aramco helicopter pilot including 2 years' satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability as a Helicopter Pilot iV. Has returned to the U.S. and successfully completed all academic and skill requirements and obtained an Airline Transport Pilot certificate.
Excellent command of both written and oral English.
Reduced flight hours are acceptable if logged as part of the Aramco Managed Pilot Development Program. Majority of flight hours are acquired in turbine powered aircraft operated by Aramco. Pilot is fully trained in company operating procedures.
Link to Aramco web site for employment. www.aramcoservices.com (http://www.aramcoservices.com)
------------------
Seem to expect a lot of experience for a B-206 position!, is this a reflection on FAA licenced operations?

V.Hot, Dry & Dusty

Seaking
1st Sep 2000, 18:28
Thanks for ur replies gentlemen(i presume)
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif
I have been seeing these ads occasionally for the past few years an i was just curious about Aramco.I don't know what the american system expects from a pilot but i am sure they feel the same way about the european way of doing things.Anyway i have 4500hrs plus most of which is multi turbine IFR two crew in command,etc,etc so a little bit over qualified for the 206,i will stay where i am as nothing will beat it and i don't really want my wife to be stuck in a compound 24hrs a day.Thanks again for your replies. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

212man
2nd Sep 2000, 02:07
Seaking,
I follow your line of reasoning. I suspect that what they really want are highly qualified "co-pilots" to fly with highly "inexperienced, indigeneous captains".

Call me a cynic.

------------------
Another day in paradise

mrfish
2nd Sep 2000, 11:57
seaking...it is my understanding that the 'bachelors degree' requirement is simply to keep out the dross applicants...its not a 'real' requirement. the straight from school - military types have no probs.
i'd be interested in a chat on where you are (esp if you are flying the seaking!)
[email protected].
Thanks