PDA

View Full Version : JERSEY Airport

GLIDERMAN
7th Jan 2006, 10:19
Anyone know why jersey is so poorly served from north london?

Buster the Bear
7th Jan 2006, 11:05
Flybe did operate a daily service from Luton, but this was scrapped, now just a summer Saturday departure.

airhumberside
7th Jan 2006, 11:42
Is there a Aurigny service from Stansted?

Ayline
7th Jan 2006, 15:04
Aurigny discontinued their Jersey-Stansted services at the start of 2005. Aurigny continues, however, to operate between Guernsey and Stansted.

ebenezer
7th Jan 2006, 17:57
Maybe Aer Arran could be convinced of the merits of a daily Luton/Jersey service?

Anyone from either Aer Arran's, Jersey's or Luton's marketing teams care to to comment??

:confused:

chiglet
7th Jan 2006, 21:52
Anyone know why jersey is so poorly served from north london?
Errrrrrmmm, no-one wants to go there? :E
watp,iktch

tilewood
8th Jan 2006, 07:17
flybe operate a seasonal Southend - Jersey schedule.

takeoff2006
9th Jan 2006, 12:44
Jersey always poved a popular destination with demand from Kent on a s360 out of manston, Lydd airport has been trying to develop this route again out of kent to jersey just needs to find an airline wishing to redevelop this route.

i believe the only reason it stopped in 2004 was that Aurigny purchased seats from EUJet who began operating a F100 to jersey out of manston

Capt. J. Upgrade
10th Jan 2006, 16:23
With Rockhoppers expansion into larger aircraft (J31) there maybe the possibility that routes up there could be applied for. Its a case of knowing the right people! :D

flyer55
10th Jan 2006, 17:55
Does anybody know if the BA LGW - JER service is moving back to LHR ?

airhumberside
10th Jan 2006, 18:51
Does anybody know if the BA LGW - JER service is moving back to LHR ?
Doubt it. They have more profitable uses for their LHR slots. That why it moved to LGW in the first place

akerosid
10th Jan 2006, 18:52
I'm afraid it's most unlikely; slots at LHR are like gold dust and only likely to become moreso, with the coming of EU/US Open Skies; BA is fighting hard against it, but it's going to happen.

I think the best chance of getting slots at LHR would be for the Jersey, Guernsey and IOM govts and the Scottish Executive to club together and buy a holding in bmi; very unlikely, I think.

The UK govt (notwithstanding that the Dept for Transport is also responsible for regional development) is quite happy to do as little as possible to encourage or facilitate regional access to LHR. The building of the third runway is being held out as the best hope, but that - even if it does happen - will be a good 10 years down the road.

Time to look at other options for decent connections: a major European hub such as CDG, for example.

The Jersey authorities really need to take this issue by the horns and they're really not getting the hang of the fact that an island as reliant on air links and access to major markets as JER is, MUST have convenient access. The longer they're satisfied to put up with LGW as the only major hub (and to a lesser extent, MAN), the harder it will be for the island to sell itself as a major tourism and financial centre.

I haven't heard a dickie bird from Ozouf on this issue since he was appointed, but Walker seems quite positive on the issue of developing decent air links.

tech...again
10th Jan 2006, 22:07
Doubt it. They have more profitable uses for their LHR slots. That why it moved to LGW in the first place
BA actually pulled out of JER completely with CityFlyer continuing the JER/LON service for a while using LGW until they were 'integrated' into BA and the service became 'mainline' again.
TA :8