PDA

View Full Version : Designing your own phone ring tone

18greens
6th Jan 2006, 18:04
Hi,

I remember yonks ago there was a phone that allowed you to design your own ring tone.

How do I do it for my Ericsson 750i. I fancy a morse code ring tone a bit like the SOS beeps that notify a message has arrived.

Any ideas?

Memetic
6th Jan 2006, 22:44
According to this review :
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k750-en.shtml
You can make custom ringtones using MusicDJ which is installed on the phone.
However as the phone is capable playing MP3 files as ring tones it may be simpler to create the tone on a PC, or record it on a PC thne transfer it to the phone by blue tooth, cable email etc.

Have fun.

By the way, if you listen to the default SMS tones on old Nokia phones I think it actually plays SMS in mores.

Keef
7th Jan 2006, 00:43
The old Nokias did indeed send SMS in morse.

My Motorola has the names of my regulars in morse as their individual ringtones - I know who's calling without taking the phone out of my pocket and without having to remember which tune is who.

They are MIDI files, produced with a freeware MIDI editor, and they are tiny - the biggest is about 300 bytes.

If you get the timing right, a dot is a quaver and a dash is a dotted crotchet. The space between characters of one letter is a quaver rest; between words is a dotted crotchet rest; and away you go!