PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Sydney route

Sempre Volando
6th Jan 2006, 12:51
Virgin guys and gals..........quick question for ya
What are the passenger loads like at the moment for this route?
Might try and do a standby sometime in the future so am wondering if it's worth chancing it?
Thanks

Hand Solo
6th Jan 2006, 13:01
I don't work for VS but the last crew I spoke to in HKG (about a month ago) said they were pretty dismal on the HKG-SYD leg, barely making three figures sometimes, but the LHR-HKG is usually fairly busy.

Da Dog
6th Jan 2006, 14:06
Bought some staff paxs back on jumpseats the other day from HKG, to get round the BA enbargo through SIN and BKK they had come up on VS fro SYD and said economy was half empty, strange for this time of year.

KTPops
6th Jan 2006, 17:21
Sempre Volando - check your PMs

KTP xx

High-Flying-Adored
6th Jan 2006, 22:02
The last couple of weeks and for the next couple of the weeks the loads are full or near on full between SYD and HKG. From HKG to LHR it is standing room only.

wirgin blew
7th Jan 2006, 05:04
I have heard that due to the HKG-LHR seats being full, that people wanting to buy SYD-LHR are looking elsewhere for their ticket.

Sempre Volando
8th Jan 2006, 11:59
Thanks for all your info everyone!
I guess the rumours I had hear were true about the loads being weak at various times throughout the year.
KT- check your PM
Ta
SV

striparella
8th Jan 2006, 15:12
Nuh-uh - HKG/SYD is now getting fuller than the LHR/HKG. I should know - my mate had to jumpseat ALL THE WAY.

A friend of mine who works for BA was asking me to check the loads for the end of this month, beginning of next - LHR/HKG no problem - it's HKG/SYD that will make him sweat at the stand by desk.

concorde001
8th Jan 2006, 15:39
I thought VS LHR-HKG-SYD was now turning a profit after worrying losses when the route began? I heard that VS made aggressive marketing campaign in HKG, targeting QF and CX gold card frequent flyer members with attractive schemes.

keeperboy
8th Jan 2006, 16:35
Just got back to London from Sydney last week.

VS flight SYD-HKG and vv was dead. Had 4 seats to myself.

Brilliant for staff travel. Forget SIN/BKK (or even NRT with the long transit) I fly BA to HKG then VS down to SYD. Done it 3 times in the past year with no probs at all.

sinala1
8th Jan 2006, 17:10
Loads on the HKGSYD sector are picking up - all 3 cabins too (Upper, Premium and Economy) - and the route is turning a profit. I have just come back from a HKG-SYD trip and the LHR-HKG sectors were both chockers, the HKG-SYD sectors too were quite busy, although all staff did get on - there is a lot of pax originating in either SYD or HKG and just going to the opposing destination.

Once VS starts the second daily LHR-HKG (slated apparently for August or so) the HKG-SYD flights will fill up even more...

:ok:

priapism
10th Jan 2006, 09:35
seems to be alot of very cheap package tours to H.K in January ex syd , mel and bne flying vb/VS at a time when the other carriers are charging top dollar.
I can get flight ex mel via syd to hkg plus 5 nights 4 star accom for less than CX and Qf are charging for fare alone.
This should bolster the syd/hkg loads nicely.

MR-B777
1st Feb 2006, 20:49
They are as full as ever, thanks to smart marketing by the VS gang. Especially up front. LHR - HKG always seems to get pretty full, now SYD sector is getting much the same.

Which is good, more comp. for the flying roo. Can't wait until SQ or someone gets the right to fly SYD - LAX non stop.

speedbirdhouse
1st Feb 2006, 21:19
Quote-

"Can't wait until SQ or someone gets the right to fly SYD - LAX non stop."

------

Don't hold your breath.

Front Pit
1st Feb 2006, 22:49
Perhaps Jetstar International by year's end ??? :ugh: