PDA

View Full Version : Making a Pioneer DVD/HDD recorder region free

piton
6th Jan 2006, 09:42
Not strictly and internet/computer question sorry but is it possible to make a Pioneer DVR-530H region free so I can watch dvd's bought in Canada/US as well as those bought in Europe?

BOAC
6th Jan 2006, 10:02
Google for 'region free'

piton
6th Jan 2006, 10:37
I did try that - using "make pioneer 530h region free" but got ads for companmies selling ones that were already region free.

Will search further.

Gouabafla
6th Jan 2006, 12:39
I looked at this model a couple of months back. As far as I can tell, there is no software reset (punching buttons on the remote) that will make it region free. I did, however, find a company on Ebay who were selling a CD based solution that claimed to unlock the DVD drive. Might be worth having a search on EBay to see if it is still out there.

spannersatcx
6th Jan 2006, 17:34
Found this for thr DV-530, you can try it and see!

Pioneer DV-530
1) Turn on with no disc in.
2) On the remote control, press "SETUP".
3) Select "GENERAL" (certify that the "SETUP" is on "BASIC".
4) Press "DISPLAY".
5) Press "CONDITION".
6) Choose region code and quit "SETUP".

BOAC
6th Jan 2006, 18:35
Perhaps a note of caution? My (computer) DVD player/writer has 'region change' as an option but limits the number of those so you eventually end up on the last region - for ever!

kriss1000
6th Jan 2006, 19:15
Try Tha AV FORUM:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113

piton
6th Jan 2006, 21:33
Thanks for all the suggestions guys....

Spanneratcx I did find that one today as well but no luck! Also found a group called dvdexplorer who promise to come up with the goods. I'll try that after I check out ebay!

PPRuNe Pop
6th Jan 2006, 21:48
You can, of course, take your machine in to an apprpriate hi-fi shop and they will make it region free for about £20. However, that will invalidate your warranty. But, it works.

Tinstaafl
12th Jan 2006, 01:27
G'day Pop! When are you coming here again?
Back to the question: Try www.rpc1.org. The forums there are full of information about making DVDs region free. You might find your one has a solution.
T

seacue
13th Jan 2006, 12:36
Piton, read your PMs. I have sent you a couple of URLs.

seacuse