PDA

View Full Version : CAA Flight Ops to work for Nationwide

Bucket
6th Jan 2006, 06:28
Ok people

Uncle Vernon has now come up with the most original way of getting pilots!

What's the story here? Newly minted CPL Multi/IR's from the kindergarten at flight ops are to work as P3's on the B767 and then P2's on the B737 as part of an industry exposure programme (my words). And they get paid by CAA.

What say you all; any thoughts?

:ooh:

sky waiter
6th Jan 2006, 08:05
This must be his Cadet scheme to get the numbers right because if you work for CAA you are definately not the minority anyway!!! :bored: Maybe he can consider ex cabin crew? Im not that newly minted anymore??:E

Knoppiesdoorn
6th Jan 2006, 08:47
I know what NW's B767 P3 syllabys require. I have my doubts about the pass rate!!
This is probably the Lady at work and not Uncle Vernon. Rumour has it that CAA has been giving them a hard time!! " Greasing palms etc......." Some guys at CAA that worked for her at GC........

Deskjocky
6th Jan 2006, 09:34
Yup the good lady's work for sure- the whole thing is written up in the Jan issue of World Airnews, page 89:

"The unique partnership is the culmination of a vision Captian Victoria Buxton, Nationwide Airlines manager, flight operations, and the CAA's current GM safety operations, Sakhile Reiling, shered while Capt Buxton was still the CAA's GM for air safety operations."

Definitely a good deal for CE as the CAA pays the 3 gents in question while they first fly as P3's on the 767 and then as FO's on the 737.

One wonders about what the other airlines think about this little "arrangement" seems very cozy indeed. Surely the CAA would try to keep impartial and steer clear of this type of thing?

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Jan 2006, 10:40
...And three less jobs for those not suckling from the taxpayer...:(

atirus
9th Jan 2006, 05:21
I am amased about the rubbish some of you write....

Knoppies claims to know the NW P3 sylabus.......in fact he does not know,
because there is none.
That is the reason the three CAA Inspectors got a full Type Rating at a
Airline Training facility in Canada, and you know what, they passed well.
This type of training was paid by the CAA I believe.

Come on guys, the CAA has to start somewhere to get Inspectors ICAO compliant in the future.

I believe other SA Airlines have offered assistance to the CAA as well.
That is very GOOD.
cheers and happy new year to you pruners

Knoppiesdoorn
9th Jan 2006, 10:38
When NW started operating their B767, now more than 2years ago, the pilots including the P3's were trained in Ethiopia. The whole training syllabus (including the P3) was submitted to CAA for approval.
Sorry, but there was a syllabus, I have seen it.
As far as ICAO compliant inspectors go..... How long is it going to take them to get an ATP and 5000hrs etc. Ah well, that requirement has been chucked out of the window a long time ago.

All indications are that the B767 operation is very good and they will learn a lot. Good luck.

atirus
10th Jan 2006, 03:33
Tks for comment Knoppies,

however times have changed, the P3's are now trained in the UK, two Sim
cessions thats all, what was presented three years ago and what was presented now to the guys is like day and night.
I have seen both!

cheers

Knoppiesdoorn
10th Jan 2006, 04:22
Times may have changed, but the regulations regarding the P3's have not.

For starters, they require a full technical which they could have done at NW CBT facilities. I cannot see how they can just do two sim sessions.

If this is true SAA will be most unhappy as they were the pioneers in the P3 syllabus and at the time DCA reluctantly agreed.

Deskjocky
10th Jan 2006, 11:38
2 sim sessions....so then the P3 is not type rated then? If this is the case what can he/is entitled to do on the flight deck- besides carry the skippers bags?? Does SAA do this to?

Knoppiesdoorn
10th Jan 2006, 15:18
ATIRUS:
I have just realised you stated in you earlier post that the CAA pilots got a full type rating.....
Surely that must be a mistake! A P2 rating requires about 10 sessions minimum.

MysticFlyer
10th Jan 2006, 20:29
And here I thought the more senior P3's in spoories is there to observe the more junior P2's!

But that's another cession. Next waitress, sista.

atirus
11th Jan 2006, 03:53
Knoppies..

just checked for you, they spend a month in Canada, did CBT training, a full technical, about 28 hours each in the Sim, and had a checkride with a Transport Canada designated Examiner. ----- which they passed-----

I think its a wonderful start in the right direction, I hear it was the Luftwaffe guy PV at the CAA, who made sure they received proper training.

Hope the CAA continues this drive and get the same qualifications for their Inspectors on the B747/A340 etc.

maybe there is hope

cheers

Knoppiesdoorn
11th Jan 2006, 04:07
Atirus:
Thanks for the feedback and I wish them and the new CAA policy the best of luck.
Knoppies