PDA

View Full Version : CX YYZ Base now hiring Cabin Crew

horace17
6th Jan 2006, 05:09
Join the Team. Share the Dream.

Flight Attendant (based in Toronto)

Join the team that has made Hong Kong's own airline an international leader in the aviation business. We need talented and committed people who can apply their own special skills to help keep us flying high. Perhaps, you are one of the multi-talented people we need to provide passengers with our excellent level of safety, comfort and service. We're looking for individuals with a warm, caring and pleasant personality who can demonstrate empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries. If you are service-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this could be the job for you.

Qualifications:

Our intensive and multi-faceted training program covers the technical and safety aspects of flying. The experiential training will enhance your interpersonal skills and help you to grow as a person. You'll make long-lasting friendships on your way to becoming an important member of our team.

To become a Toronto-based Cathay Pacific Airlines Flight Attendant:

You must have Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
You must be a minimum of 19 years
You must be able to speak and read English fluently, plus be fluent in one of the following languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or Japanese
You must have a minimum arm reach of 208cm
You must be a high school graduate
You must be able to meet our medical standards
Experience in the service industry is preferable

To Apply:

To apply, we invite you to fax or email your confidential resume by January 20, 2006 to:
FAX: 604-606-5979
Email: [email protected]
No telephone calls please. We thank you in advance for your resume. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.

Cathay Pacific is an equal opportunity employer.

FROM THE LINK: http://cathay.ca/about/joboppsattendants.asp

petitfromage
7th Jan 2006, 08:32
Applications due in Jan. The base itself is due to open in June.

pinkstar83
8th Jan 2006, 02:37
Anybody know where the interview takes place in?
I live in Vancouver, not really interested in Toronto base since I either want to work and stay in Van, or move out of the country!!!!
Anyways I want to apply and have the interview just for an experince if it is in Vancouver.
The fax number is a Vancouver number so it the interview taking in place in Vancouver?

dimsum
10th Jan 2006, 06:19
Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread, but what does CX use for their hiring process? Due to my current job, I can't really be taking off 5 days to do a "cattle call".

Also, I've been out of the aviation loop for about 3 years. What's CX's relative position to, say, AC now? Also, how good is CX for upward/lateral mvt in the company? My degree was in aviation management/flight training and I missed my chance with CX's Cadet program b/c I didn't have that all-important Permanent Residency. What's the chance that CX would overlook that since it'd be an internal thing....same with the groundside management?

Thanks!

pinkstar83
25th Jan 2006, 23:56
I sent my resume over the email on the 19th at about 10pm pacific time!
It's 25th already and they haven't read my email yet.
Should I be anxious and call them to read it or is it usual for them to not open it for a week or so?

christep
28th Jan 2006, 01:42
There is no way you can know with any reliability whether they have read your email. Many email clients don't support MDNs (the message that would be needed to tell you), some email servers block them, and some email clients allow them to be turned off either by default or ask each time.

Ts fa
28th Jan 2006, 02:33
WOW! what a shock! i never would have thought that CX would hire in YYZ. keep your eyes peeled, they may start in YVR. but then again its that time of year again, you'll start to see all the airlines hiring!
:D

petitfromage
28th Jan 2006, 04:03
Dim-sum,

Cathay offer 1 or 2 positions a year for Cabin Crew/Groundstaff to enter the Cadet Pilot Program. Their is no requirement to be a HK permanent resident to apply for the program from within.

Of course, you have to get into CX first to apply. Goodluck

dimsum
28th Jan 2006, 18:13
Thanks for the info Petit Fromage; I've heard about that but thought it was just rumour.

Also, this may have been asked before, but what's the timeframe one should be expecting to hear replies? Say you applied before the old 20th deadline, which got extended to the 31st...when would it be reasonable to say "ok, I'm not getting in"?

petitfromage
30th Jan 2006, 07:10
Sorry, cant help you there....Im a mere pilot.
Kun Hei Fat Choy