PDA

View Full Version : Ops Courses and Textbooks

Jakey-wakey
5th Jan 2006, 23:41
Hey,

I am keen to improve my knowledge of Ops/Flight Despatch (airline related, not handling agents. ie Flight planning, fuel consevation, load planning, flight watch, crewing(?) etc..) and all related topics, mostly involved with Air cargo, but info on passenger airlines would also be welcome.

I have looked at the AVTEC2000 course, and also the Ed-Excel BTEC, and both seem very good. I was particularly interested in having a go at the AVTEC2000 Ops course, but it is currently out of my budget! :-(

Can anyone reccomend a good book/textbook which would provide me with similar and thorough info to either of the Ops courses I have mentioned? Or has anyone completed these courses, and is wanting to sell their 'old' course materials?

Just a thought, be v.grateful for some suggestions!

Happy New Year to you all,

Jake

Lorin
6th Jan 2006, 14:07
Hi all, I would like to know what exactly is required of a GROUND HANDLER. What are the responsibilities. Is there anyone providing such a course? thank you for replies. Happy 2006.

The Claw
14th Jan 2006, 21:38
A book I found useful is "Airline Route Planning" by John H H Grover.

Jakey-wakey
20th Jan 2006, 04:29
Thanks for your help guys. As it seems to be the only decent book available, think I'll give the route planning text a go!

Noticed that it's not freely available in the UK though, only found it on American websites (with huge shipping costs... It must be a big book!)

Does anyone know of an old copy of the book, in need of a loving new home?!

If so, please let me know (or suggestions for a bookstore that supplies it in the UK would be welcome!)

Thanks again for your help!

Jake

The Claw
24th Jan 2006, 11:13
Try the CAA which is where I got mine from. :ok: